Jump to content
806 man

All at the same airport

Recommended Posts

3 options for air travel, What’s your choice of plane to fly in and why?😁

3774DE13-19CB-4B43-84D0-FC96F7CEC85F.jpeg

B0BCDC07-C539-4202-90B0-F6288B680BD0.jpeg

78579813-56B3-4E17-948E-2777625EA191.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Look's'ta me like storage!  Close nose to nose stuff.  Although I sure dunno what that PBY Cat's doing in there!  Or that Douglas B-23, used to be one over in Green Bay (GRB).  Favorite?  Varies, prolly the 747.  Tho sure not the DC-10.

best, randy

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always thought a (short) ride in a cat would be fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, 806 man said:

3 options for air travel, What’s your choice of plane to fly in and why?😁

 

The Catalina!!!! Obviously. And it has to land on water. I could check another one off the list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where did you snap the picture of the B23? One of my first jobs in Aviation was Jenney Flight Engineering, a B23 operator for flight testing electronic equipment. That B23 now resides at the Castle Air Museum partially restored to military configuration. Sadly the base closed and the restoration never completed. The B23 is resting in the sun. Here's a pic along with an A26 we were working on. Pics are from early '70s; I wish I'd taken more

B23 and A26.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always figured the PB-Y would be the ultimate RV vehicle.

Plop into a lake...get out the rods and reels, and go to it.

If they aren't biting, crank er up and move on....

(trolling could get expensive tho---)

Mike

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Grumman Goose works too.  Not quite the range, though.  Just fish closer to home.

Ron

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Randy Sohn said:

Look's'ta me like storage!  Close nose to nose stuff.  Although I sure dunno what that PBY Cat's doing in there!  Or that Douglas B-23, used to be one over in Green Bay (GRB).  Favorite?  Varies, prolly the 747.  Tho sure not the DC-10.

best, randy

Those are the 737 Max sitting at Moses Lake WA. I was by there right after Turkey Day. Stopped by there yesterday to see how the collection is doing. I think the airport is Maxed out for storage space.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, New Englander said:

Where did you snap the picture of the B23? One of my first jobs in Aviation was Jenney Flight Engineering, a B23 operator for flight testing electronic equipment. That B23 now resides at the Castle Air Museum partially restored to military configuration. Sadly the base closed and the restoration never completed. The B23 is resting in the sun. Here's a pic along with an A26 we were working on. Pics are from early '70s; I wish I'd taken more

B23 and A26.jpg

All pictures I took on 1-23-2020. All 3 planes are at Moses Lake WA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Ron Cook said:

Grumman Goose works too.  Not quite the range, though.  Just fish closer to home.

Ron

 

 

 

Guess'ya could fish even closer with a Grumman Widegon <g>.

best, randy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Randy Sohn said:

Guess'ya could fish even closer with a Grumman Widegon <g>.

best, randy

Yup!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On January 24, 2020 at 9:05 AM, Ron Cook said:

Grumman Goose works too.  Not quite the range, though.  Just fish closer to home.

Ron

 

 

 

Or go bigger, and bring all your friends!   MarsSeaplaneBase_1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, clay neubauer said:

Or go bigger, and bring all your friends! 

Yup, only problema is that 4 of those R-3350s on that Mars get really thirsty!

best, randy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Doug in NY said:

what is parked in front of the Catalina?

 

Might be a Nan Chang CJ-6 

edit - closer look, maybe Yak 52

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...