Big Bud was a head of its time

With left hand arm rest controls and fancy monitor.  Course someone rigged in a JD seat.  Don't know the seller just thought it was interesting. 

https://www.auctiontime.com/listings/farm-equipment/auctions/online/189889113/1979-big-bud-525-50?gtmlt=1&_ga=2.146596276.1842724674.1579751508-481738929.1579063741

• Like 3

Neat machine . 

::::::::::::::::::::ALARM::::::::::::::::HEADS UP::::::::::::LOOK OUT::::::::::::BEWARE::::::::

RUN:::::::::::::::HIDE:::::::::::::::THE GRAMER POLICE ON HERE ARE GOING TO GO APE SH- T  ABOUT “ A HEAD “

your in for a spanking ,  it’s supposed to be written  ahead with no space. 

I mean hey don’t forget we’re being graded on our spelling and gramer on here . 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, lorenzo said:

Neat machine . 

::::::::::::::::::::ALARM::::::::::::::::HEADS UP::::::::::::LOOK OUT::::::::::::BEWARE::::::::

RUN:::::::::::::::HIDE:::::::::::::::THE GRAMER POLICE ON HERE ARE GOING TO GO APE SH- T  ABOUT “ A HEAD “

Lorenzo,  maybe the OP was implying that the Big Bud had a healthy pair of stones and a large shoe size!  ?  The Top Dog! ?

• Haha 1

That tractor wasn't cheap in 1979. It listed for $214,000. Todays money would be $750,000. Makes a Quadtrac look like a good deal.....

• Like 1
10 hours ago, lorenzo said:

Neat machine . 

RUN:::::::::::::::HIDE::::::::i::::::THE GRAMER POLICE ON HERE ARE GOING TO GO APE SH- T  ABOUT “ A HEAD “

i like how you snuck in the "gramer"

Thats stikin it to the man

never surrender???

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, Farmall1066 said:

I saw the one serial tag, what was made in Litchfield Minnesota for the big bud? 

I don't know.  My guess is maybe the cab????  Talks about meeting OSHA and SAE standards.  Speaking of MN and that area, here is a postcard I got off of eBay.  

8CD49915-FAFE-42B2-BB9E-D085A79FAEC4.jpeg

E06C7FD0-0C13-4CA2-B626-307617451041.jpeg

• Like 3

I was looking at a dealer trade in guide and that's what it listed for in that publication.

OK then $148,000 in 1978 would be $580,000 today. Would still make a Quadtrac look like a bargin…...

• Like 1
On 1/23/2020 at 7:36 PM, Big Bud guy said:

.  , here is a postcard I got off of eBay.  

theres a brochure on E Pay if you don't already have it 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Big-Bud-400-30-525-50-tractor-No-Excuses-original-brochure-8-pgs-1980/133281058602?hash=item1f082b8f2a:g:1H8AAOSw4qZdiQDE

28 minutes ago, hillman said:

Thanks but I have two of them.

A5539AC0-8371-42EA-90EB-44F3A0D8DBA8.jpeg