IH Flowrater Parts

I've got an older OTC made IH FES-51D flowrater that needs some parts. This was the flowrater we had at the dealership I used to work for. Someone broke the flow gauge/tachometer at some point. They gave up on it. I was there today and walked by the scrap barrel and it was laying in there. I snatched it up hoping I could make it usable or at the very least it is IH history and can set on a shelf. I called OTC and the tachometer is NLA. They make a new one very similar but the tach is driven differently. Does anyone know of anybody that repairs these or of any other parts source? 

Kind of funny I found this now because I just made up a flowrater the other day. It's only good to 32 gpm though and if I could get this one going it's good to 50. 

20200121_152754.thumb.jpg.526a8dd541c19b49988af4cfcc5f1a49.jpg

4235_5085_0.thumb.jpg.7ea153e56e56bf30c9e76f45f15d916d.jpg20200113_171101.thumb.jpg.89dbdcf0993c38c3ea5f4064d5fb748e.jpg

• Like 2

We’ve got one like that at our dealership. Every time the tach/meter doesn’t work it was because there is a belt/rubber band thingy that runs the tach that broke in the unit. The last time we needed one for it our parts man found something from Amazon that worked perfectly. 

Good luck!  Those are still the best flowmeter you can find. 

25 minutes ago, SDman said:

We’ve got one like that at our dealership. Every time the tach/meter doesn’t work it was because there is a belt/rubber band thingy that runs the tach that broke in the unit. The last time we needed one for it our parts man found something from Amazon that worked perfectly. 

Good luck!  Those are still the best flowmeter you can find. 

Someone must have dropped something on the meter on this one. Glass was broke and needle and face was boogered up. I wish they wouldn't have pitched the gauge I may have been able to have repaired somewhere.

• Sad 1
  • 1 year later...

Well I resurrected the old flowrater. I actually located the old flow gauge and it had been repaired. Had some hoses made for it this morning and threw it on my 806 for a quick test. Worked perfect. Glad I got it going. I need it for a MX240 tomorrow. 

20210322_105905.thumb.jpg.669a2dd499fdb12eae56b419fad9bc5a.jpg

• Like 6
15 hours ago, WishIhada1466 said:

Well I resurrected the old flowrater. I actually located the old flow gauge and it had been repaired. Had some hoses made for it this morning and threw it on my 806 for a quick test. Worked perfect. Glad I got it going. I need it for a MX240 tomorrow. 

20210322_105905.thumb.jpg.669a2dd499fdb12eae56b419fad9bc5a.jpg

Good job. We have one of those still in use at our dealership. 

I've had this OTC branded one for probably close to 40 years. I don't remember for sure where I bought it, but it most likely came from an implement dealer that sold out in the 80's when the implement business was pretty tough. I started my business in 1976 and added a lot of shop equipment in the early 80's

Replaced the cog belt a few years ago. These things also have a blow out safety plug in case you exceed the working pressure of the tester.......I am not sure what we did, but I know we blew it out at least once. The manual says it will blow if you exceed the pressure gauge max by 200 PSI. I have a bag with some spare blow out plugs in it that you can see in the center picture, under the RH (temp) gauge.

We built a stand with a rack and tank to hold oil drainage from the adapter hoses.

We used it at least twice in the last week for trouble shooting hydraulic problems.

IMG_3765.JPG

IMG_3766.JPG

IMG_3769.JPG

• Like 2
17 hours ago, billonthefarm said:

I have one and this reminds me I should put some hoses on it so I could use it!

Was this thread engineered to make me cry?:(:lol:

• Haha 1

I have one of these that we bought probably 25 years ago at a dealer liquidation.

It's been in the cabinet ever since and I don't think I've ever gotten it out once.

Every once in a while, they show up on the FB auction page and every time I think I should run mine on there b/c they seem to bring pretty good money.

-FT

23 hours ago, FarmallTom said:

I have one of these that we bought probably 25 years ago at a dealer liquidation.

It's been in the cabinet ever since and I don't think I've ever gotten it out once.

Every once in a while, they show up on the FB auction page and every time I think I should run mine on there b/c they seem to bring pretty good money.

-FT

They bring good money because price it out new..................a good flow-rater costs a huge amount.  I could have really used one while the garage was open, but now that is done I don't NEED one, but for my own use it sure would be nice to have.   

• 1 month later...