Farmall 200 hydraulics stopped working

Hi all I am in a little trouble here as the snow is piling up.

I have a farmall 200 basically a super c with a tube style loader. the hydraulics have been marginal since buying the tractor but they did work all summer I moved approx 100 tons of gravel over the summer. but now they will not work. the last time I plowed they were slower than normal and I tightened all of the fittings as it looked like the oil had air bubbles . today the hydraulics will not work at all.
The motor rpm will increase speed when the touch control levers are pulled back or the fast hitch lever is moved into position.
there does not appear to be extra oil in the crankcase.
there is a two way valve that allows the oil to go to the fast hitch lever in one position and the loader valve in the other and it seems like over the years sometimes have to move that valve back and forth to get the loader to work.
I have done the following to the hydraulics this year but the hydraulics worked after doing these things.
== replaced the 1 gallon tank with a five gallon tank as the one gallon tank overflowed often the 5 gallon tank does not.
== replaced the inexpensive hyd oil with IH recommended low foaming oil it has been drained and refilled twice.
== replaced the strainer with a new one (most expensive oil filter I ever bought).

The tractor has sat for the last couple of months without running. I did plow snow last week with it but the hydraulics were not functioning correctly then either.  A few more things

I went out after lunch and started the tractor up and the hydraulics worked fine for a couple of minutes. I moved the touch control levers back and forth several times and everything worked I started plowing snow and after a couple of minutes the hydraulics quit an oil came out of the top of the reservoir. first time since I got the new tank. I did fill it this morning. but I am wondering if that may not be air trapped in the system . the pump is not hot to the touch.
just as a side note the loader when lifted up and shut off will stay up for months. the backblade for a week or so.

I have very little hydraulic knowledge.

I would appreciate any troubleshooting tips

Full Cycle touch control levers a dozen times each....then...I will remember the rest of the procedure. 

HI thank you I did move them back and forth at least a dozen times. If I shut the tractor off and restart it the hyd  work again for a   minute. enough to get the tractor back in the tent. I read in the manual to move the touch control with the cap of the reservoir off. Does it work the same with a tank?  The tank flows into the tractor reservoir where the cap was.

How is the extra reservoir added to the system? I had a Cub once that I tried to add a loader to with an extra reservoir. With the reservoir on the tractor, the tractors hydraulics would make this loud "ZZZZZZZING!" noise at regular intervals. Nobody could give me any insight on what was wrong or what to do to stop it. I worked the loader up and down what seemed like hundreds of times, worked the touch control back and forth what seemed like hundreds of times.

I never did figure out what was wrong. Took the loader off and sold it as I bought another tractor with a loader. As soon as the loader was removed, no more noise.

The only thing I could figure is that there was an air bubble trapped in the touch control that was circulating through the system. With the reservoir mounted above the touch control block like mine was there would be no way for the air to work out of the system.

thank you that is what I was wondering. the hydraulics have been slow since I bought the tractor but the loader is so handy I really dont care how slow it is. the tank basically feeds the tractor reservoir. I will get some pics tomorrow. after putting the tank on and the screen I had trouble with the hydraulics not working so I loosened the hose feeding the tractor reservoir and moved the touch control a bunch of times and it seemed to work ok. I did try that this time but it did not seem to make any difference. I will spend some time tomorrow on it again maybe try that again.  There is a new noise when the touch control levers are pulled all the way back toward the steering wheel. It sounds a little like what you described. I have read that if the pump is not removed it should not be air locked but I am wondering if there is an air leak somewhere. I tightened the hoses and the cover bolts  for the screen. I added an electronic ignition and rebuilt the oil pump and replaced the carburetor this summer and the tractor is running better than at anytime since I bought it. I guess it is always something.  thank you again for the help.

Remove plug/cover from reservoir, start tractor run moderate idle move TC controls and loader controls back & forth a dozen times their Full range of travel. Stop engine, maintain TC oil level 1/2" from bottom of opening. Then ...your 2 way valve.....lets see pics of hyd. hoses and connections...             2 way valve functions fully open? Maybe it needs to be isolated....

My Farmall 350 loses prime on the hydraulics once and awhile.   I installed a Schrader valve into the fill plug on the reservoir.  A short burst of air from the compressor will always make them work again. Need to solve the issue,  but never get around to messing with it.

Thank you all , very much.  I thought about what rainman and Matt had said and tried again to move the touch control back and forth the tank outlet has a hose to the tractor reservoir inlet.  nothing happened . When the hydraulics would not work a few days ago  I tightened the fitting between the hose and the reservoir fill hole. I loosened that fitting and it did not leak oil so I  again moved the touch control levers and and after a few cycles the rocker arms started working.  I left that fitting  loose with a coffee can under it for tonight I think that maybe some kind of breather that i closed off by tightening it. Another thing I realized after reading your comments is the there is  a two way valve that pushed in works the back blade and pulled out works the loader. I dont think it will bleed anything when it is going to the loader. I may have moved those levers 100 times without realizing that the two way valve was in the wrong position.  the rocker arms will only move when the valve is pushed in.

There is another snow storm coming on Sunday.  if it does not work then I will get some pictures and attach them Thank you all again  I was pulling my hair out and that is not something I can afford to do much of.

neipowshiekfarmall - do you think adding a schrader valve to the cap of the hydraulic tank would work I dont want to get chips in the hydraulic fluid. the good stuff is $35 a gallon

thanks again

Ben