Sign in to follow this  
lorenzo

Retired Ol solder (IH) truck

That cab looks pretty good they usually show rust where the floor meets the front panel  under that little chrome grill. Headliner could use some help though. In the 70s there were a lot of them running around here 3 fleets I can think of almost all powered with Cummins  6 cylinders in the 220-262?  range 

• Like 1

On 1/22/2020 at 8:03 AM, iowaboy1965 said:

I thought i knew what he meant.

My first thought was, "wow, do people really solder that much that they set up a truck for it".😏😀😁

1232631461_welderstruck.jpg.930b2c55e9789992e1c66d936dad773c.jpg

Sorry Lorenzo, the thought came to me from too many late hours in the truck😪

And I entertain myself way too easily😝

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, sandhiller said:

My first thought was, "wow, do people really solder that much that they set up a truck for it".😏😀😁

1232631461_welderstruck.jpg.930b2c55e9789992e1c66d936dad773c.jpg

Sorry Lorenzo, the thought came to me from too many late hours in the truck😪

And I entertain myself way too easily😝

I like that rig in your picture .

• Like 1

Oh darn it anyway , there I go again with some old geezer slang that these young kids won’t understand . 

I should have said, 

I like that truck in your picture.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, lorenzo said:

Oh darn it anyway , there I go again with some old geezer slang that these young kids won’t understand . 

I should have said, 

I like that truck in your picture.

Rig or outfit is totally acceptable. 

I have hard time with young people calling all pickups, trucks. I guess I'm old geezer too😄

This is a pickup

IMG_20191126_065448074.thumb.jpg.61855841d690dae3af15f11bbb0ddb0c.jpg

This is a truck

9b0360b873e62d9b5ceae5a275c83066.thumb.jpg.a4749dc2b41d818ea9b84d24761e9ba1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

...a truck it  certainly is....but why is it dragging its butt on the deck...... to give it dues, it no doubt  has good componentry   therein....but it has to have elevation......not sawn off at the knees.......My   old   (now )  Mack would sneer   at this  thing ........

(Yeah, sandhiller.... ...OK.. not at peace with the world today...off to the hospital to have something shoved   up where   "the sun don't shine " ..sigh.....of course as said ..."its for my own good "....   Umm   )

Mike

Peterbuilt owners all do that stuff to their trucks to be different and now they all look alike.  Mostly impractical.

Ron

• Like 1

22 hours ago, mike_newman said:

Yeah, sandhiller.... ...OK.. not at peace with the world today...off to the hospital to have something shoved   up where   "the sun don't shine " ..sigh.....of course as said ..."its for my own good "....   Umm   )

Mike

Hope everything came out OK Mike. 

23 hours ago, mike_newman said:

...a truck it  certainly is....but why is it dragging its butt on the deck...... 

That’s for all the water crossings on the highways out Sandhiller’s way, you know, squeegee the water off the road to get some traction.  Though it wouldn’t take a very big piece of driftwood to wrinkle it, I’ll wager. 
Note: not intended for your type of river crossing escapades, Mike. 

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, sandhiller said:

Thought that was supposed to be accomplished before going in to see said doctor?  😎😎

Hooe you get a good report Mike. 

7 hours ago, Ron Cook said:

Peterbuilt owners all do that stuff to their trucks to be different and now they all look alike.  Mostly impractical.

Ron

Pretty well said.? Never figured out why you want a low bumper in a truck

1 hour ago, dale560 said:

Pretty well said.? Never figured out why you want a low bumper in a truck

Lol   😄😄😆

Function goes by the way side when your trying to look Bitchin. 

• Haha 2

I just got in from 14 hours in a 2020 corn picker, 400hp, 12 sp auto, air cab, air suspension, sucky radio.

They have came a long way from the Emeryville.....

While this new truck is nice I think I liked the 4300 long nose back in 70s better.

2 hours ago, lorenzo said:

Lol   😄😄😆

..couple   of points here Lorenzo.........that  thing masquerading  as a tractor unit looks to already have the max GWV    on its back...it looks bloody stupid  quite frankly....:mellow:

...and secondly....but of lesser importance...given your well known  , documented penchant   for the correct  written  English  on this forum.......could I respectfully  point out the

...word    "Bitchin " as used in the context of the above quote.........should  either have a "g'' following on from the "n'......or.....you should have placed a '  above the now absent letter "g"...:rolleyes::D

( ...I remind you that the above verbiage was meant to be funny.......but sadly , by the time it goes from the Baton Valley  , here ...to   Nebraska....it well may have lost its  sting...sigh  )

Mike

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, ihrondiesel said:

Thought that was supposed to be accomplished before going in to see said doctor?  😎😎

Hooe you get a good report Mike. 

5 hours ago, sandhiller said:

...Yeah......all clear !!   ......(to continue  with   ihrondiesel 's     rather  droll comment :) )......yes..no worries   at all.... Thanks for your thoughts

Mike

• Like 1

On 1/24/2020 at 3:54 PM, lorenzo said:

Lol   😄😄😆

Last year I met a truck in a town with a bumper like this. It was on a detour so not real truck friendly. This guy had some air or electric cylinders on it. When he got close to the curb he needed to jump he kicked the bottom of the bumper out so it would clear. After he got around the corner he put it back down and went on his way. It was kinda cool but definitely not for me. 

And I'll agree everyone says truck now days. 

On 1/22/2020 at 7:20 PM, oldscoutdiesel said:

According to my truck book, the largest engine in 1959 was a Cummins 375 hp with a 335 hp Cummins standard issue.  In 1959, IH also started offering the Detroit.

Why would anyone want a POS road oiler for their truck when a 375 hp cummins was available?🙃 This should get interesting.