Sign in to follow this  
pms1961

186 hydro with a truck axle

Kinda makes one wonder what the **** they were thinking.Seen it on Craigslist.

Paul

00505_fsyyErhTCRg_600x450.jpg

00B0B_7KL6gDwZI4Z_600x450.jpg

00B0B_7KL6gDwZI4Z_600x450.jpg

00505_fsyyErhTCRg_600x450.jpg

Not in love with that axle but it might get it closer to my price range!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Not sure what the stock IH WFE axle was rated at but I bet that one is either 9000# or 12,000#.  Installed for use with a loader.

• Like 1

That was common on Ms and stuff like that for loader use. I suppose they though heavy tires and bearings this way

• Like 1

I saw an 856 at a dealer in southern PA that had a very similar setup.  I had a large loader with an extendable jib boom on it.  

4 minutes ago, Paystar5000 said:

I saw an 856 at a dealer in southern PA that had a very similar setup.  I had a large loader with an extendable jib boom on it.  

I get that but this tractor was used for pulling a feed wagon according to the craiglist ad.Oh well to each his own.

It already had the heavy duty one piece metric front bolster. Should have been fine stock. Where is this at?

Late 186?  That is what I need!

Hey Paystar, was that 856 at Herr and Leamans?  

8 minutes ago, MarkG said:

It already had the heavy duty one piece metric front bolster. Should have been fine stock. Where is this at?

Could it have had a MFWD front axle that failed?

This may have been an “economical” (or economics driven) repair...

3 minutes ago, TP from Central PA said:

Hey Now! I thought you were looking for a 4 post. 😂😂😂

'if it's close to you buy it. I've got an extra bolster and front end I can help you out with.

1 minute ago, MarkG said:

Hey Now! I thought you were looking for a 4 post. 😂😂😂

'if it's close to you buy it. I've got an extra bolster and front end I can help you out with.

If the price is right I don't care!  Actually trying to buy a 4 post green weenie down south right now, time will tell if they get their pencil shape enough to hit my number.

24 minutes ago, MarkG said:

Eastern,Oregon.Asking price is 8500.00.

2 hours ago, TP from Central PA said:

If the price is right I don't care!  Actually trying to buy a 4 post green weenie down south right now, time will tell if they get their pencil shape enough to hit my number.

Yea you could find 1066 fronts here for under 500 for a while I don’t know if they would swap on but you should be able to make it back to stock easily 

2 hours ago, pms1961 said:

Eastern,Oregon.Asking price is 8500.00.

Yep, I looked, trucking would make it unrealistic. Sad part is the guy I have haul my stuff was looking for backhauls out of that area a few years back, now they hardly ever get out there.  

I've traveled farther for less. Probably haul it myself. Tempting, as the front axle doesn't scare me and would love to have a 186. Neighbors expect me to come up with stuff like that anyway 😁

Way back before everyone had FWA tractors, that was not an uncommon fix/solution/option in my neck of the woods. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, sandhiller said:

I've traveled farther for less. Probably haul it myself. Tempting, as the front axle doesn't scare me and would love to have a 186. Neighbors expect me to come up with stuff like that anyway 😁

Way back before everyone had FWA tractors, that was not an uncommon fix/solution/option in my neck of the woods. 

Exactly. A common axle was case 1370 onto 4020s and 5020 fronts on 4020s but back in the hey day almost every m had a Minnie front ,wd9 or a truck front mounted.

• Like 1

It was heavy duty and free 

4 hours ago, TP from Central PA said:

4 hours ago, Paystar5000 said:

Lehman tractor parts . It's done the work of a wheel loader for less money probably

Well you certainly wouldn't want to do any cultivating with THAT tractor. All joking aside, when you get a little north of where I am the infrastructure for agriculture is quite sparse. Logging is the main industry and everyone has access to parts for either trucks or heavy equipment. When I worked part time helping a custom harvester we chopped hay for a beef farm three hours from here, everything had truck tires on it and I mean everything. When the implement tire went flat they would peel the tire off the rim and weld it to a truck rim. I think an 11L-15 rim fit up to a Dayton rim really good, I can't remember. Anyways, sometimes you need to pi$$ with the d1ck you got.

1 hour ago, bitty said:

Lehman tractor parts . It's done the work of a wheel loader for less money probably

One I seen was at Herr and Leamans, might have been a 06 as that was years ago.  

43 minutes ago, TractormanMike.mb said:

Well you certainly wouldn't want to do any cultivating with THAT tractor. All joking aside, when you get a little north of where I am the infrastructure for agriculture is quite sparse. Logging is the main industry and everyone has access to parts for either trucks or heavy equipment. When I worked part time helping a custom harvester we chopped hay for a beef farm three hours from here, everything had truck tires on it and I mean everything. When the implement tire went flat they would peel the tire off the rim and weld it to a truck rim. I think an 11L-15 rim fit up to a Dayton rim really good, I can't remember. Anyways, sometimes you need to pi$$ with the d1ck you got.

For some reason you can run a rotted out 10:20 on a hay trailer forever and a new 12l 15 won’t last a season

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TP from Central PA said:

Yes.  It might have been an 806 but I’m pretty sure it was and 856.

45 minutes ago, Paystar5000 said:

Yes.  It might have been an 806 but I’m pretty sure it was and 856.

I knew I wasn't loosing my mind........I seem to remember the story of it being built to move Uni system attachments?  Anyhow, it put a Westendorf loader on the trailer that day.