Jump to content
Pete1468

That time of year for snow equipment pics

Recommended Posts

Here's a pic of my favorite show movers.  They're both expensive and make allot of noise.   One I've had for ten years and the other a couple months.  My twelve year old daughter likes pushing the buttons on both of them.  One will last my lifetime and the other will get traded when it's worn out.  

KIMG0490.JPG

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

post-27-129454075945_thumb.jpg

Other one is on the 6588 for this year, haven't even started it for snow, probably won't this winter.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got rid of the blower a few years ago, this works for me.

IMG_20200117_164849123_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200117_164439912.jpg

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

966 and a model 80.  Had more snow in October than December and January!

6261987B-9022-4B8B-8F31-A52EA74E83E7.jpeg

A381E77A-4861-4E98-A828-3A111DEAABB5.jpeg

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still got to put weatherstripping and put everything on cab amd see if heat fan works, but hurt my foot so couldn't get to it, still better than no cabSnapchat-151576474.thumb.jpg.3c9238d7a5b2838bde198d53e077fafb.jpgScreenshot_20200119-162322_Messages.thumb.jpg.89d189c6c57088081de974eac7a05724.jpgScreenshot_20200119-162304_Messages.thumb.jpg.206a57943752749b13bf59486d2507c7.jpgScreenshot_20200119-162251_Messages.thumb.jpg.f032ab647cc4077467d57767c700f968.jpg

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

last years picture but still looks the same

agreed on the cab,, first year clearing snow without a cab sucked.

just finished clearing 24''+ of fresh snow fall this weekend

Mike

uocpurJ-BqkdWBIWpqrOamEDTTZgqRmCqzHAPN7F6JmVNTVpcERdGtAqf1HcphPe0d3LufODKxlnnjrtQujGykCb44a1vPp24f9I6sJKbhqWe7AC7YBnQxQAUjtKDJXPdGBgIKUQSDU1iXXn5CTULPOS2qhcbayky915qL1kHsEiaZZ-mSyVhrd1lWMlu8C9-0L12aSsYXKYKDwloozAz9klvJZ5jcMP5JIVC0FLuSh_6Tsp-sBQukyxOx4tDjvuWTYE7cqsrNYIBRQMrtMJWPdfdfzHpBKdTPfaITYVorL6HPyMSEPHhKbMybmHu53Tq34UY6e9zwd331E7MzfH9fTfxZedG_nfsLO65sAGXzuIVd1auIK32T_7WQfPm-kB9DTtIVLq46r191k6d4TdXKAUGFBtqQHAbqc3iZK9cRmd3KipPPuGCvH00I4IAliEQ3N_hTTFZg7K60Ca-kADn_uvH8qOxIbhRCJRfbENqc2dv0DkAZx68K_RZ-j2p8x1ntfBoyi1RWp3kEg17dZTMu20V2xv_siHII40bD8XbcQVfR2toSKI-c-yJW3hUdBW-VIXoOVRSrwaWolSeJkYga1rvXs4TfbToVo5pAu67UlWyIl458bNmmHD91SXi1_TLc3bm8IY3YEAWxw-JtQWXSHnzFv4F980LMGfzj4SrkNap7EVkvUOscqQI_IdBcK3kpZfzfRoeUs-H7pEN7w4vU28OH3saajSdhicSsCrJbGx9NU=s250-k-rw-no

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5a5c0f4f2787d_5288snowblower.jpg.e409d3b1b165d760dd76c4a77abd985a.jpg

About the only time I don't care for the FAF on the 50's..................Might not hurt, but I don't think 18" of power snow blowing through the FAF is a good thing so I put a tarp over it.  Won't have to worry about that on the 2+2.  

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing to show off here yet.  Haven't plowed a flake this year!  No snow yet.

jerry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All I got boyz

20191228_142811.jpg

20191228_142756.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Geeze MTO, you could have shown us the whole 45!

 

Here's mine. 720 Allis with 60" front blade, handy as a pocket on a shirt! Built a new weight box for it this year, helped a ton.

DSC00495.JPG

IMG_0297.JPG

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, lorenzo said:

FC441331-7871-4DEF-BA3E-07DE5D8899A9.thumb.jpeg.4b37f96a3dd2c54c0c6022f8a8f9570d.jpeg

Ditto

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, lorenzo said:

FC441331-7871-4DEF-BA3E-07DE5D8899A9.thumb.jpeg.4b37f96a3dd2c54c0c6022f8a8f9570d.jpeg

I use those too, more than I would like!

  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haven't had to plow snow since mid October here, so no new pics to add. Here's one old one I've posted before anyway

265812993_Screenshot_20181122-070105_VideoPlayer.thumb.jpg.d1a93a2911d5a82d6ffd68ac62f5fa86.jpg

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SMOKER 1 said:

Nothing to show off here yet.  Haven't plowed a flake this year!  No snow yet.

jerry

That’s nothing to be ashamed of.....

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For you DT,

20191206_163902.jpg

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lorenzo said:

FC441331-7871-4DEF-BA3E-07DE5D8899A9.thumb.jpeg.4b37f96a3dd2c54c0c6022f8a8f9570d.jpeg

I've got something like that.  It's kind of like a uni-system.  I'm takes a shovel in the winter, towels for washing dishes and a broom when it wants to hit me.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rusty shackleford said:

Still got to put weatherstripping and put everything on cab amd see if heat fan works, but hurt my foot so couldn't get to it, still better than no cabSnapchat-151576474.thumb.jpg.3c9238d7a5b2838bde198d53e077fafb.jpgScreenshot_20200119-162322_Messages.thumb.jpg.89d189c6c57088081de974eac7a05724.jpgScreenshot_20200119-162304_Messages.thumb.jpg.206a57943752749b13bf59486d2507c7.jpgScreenshot_20200119-162251_Messages.thumb.jpg.f032ab647cc4077467d57767c700f968.jpg

Are those 4 inch axles on your 1456?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Pete1468 said:

Here's a pic of my favorite show movers.  They're both expensive and make allot of noise.   One I've had for ten years and the other a couple months.  My twelve year old daughter likes pushing the buttons on both of them.  One will last my lifetime and the other will get traded when it's worn out.  

KIMG0490.JPG

How you like tracks in snow going to look at a big skid with them

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, IHC5488 said:

Are those 4 inch axles on your 1456?

I think they are 3.5" axles with 5088 cast centers 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, IHC5488 said:

Are those 4 inch axles on your 1456?

They are factory 118" long bar axles at 3.5in wide but I have 5088 wheel castings on it to make it look like a 15. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Thesd5488 said:

How you like tracks in snow going to look at a big skid with them

It does very well.  From what everyone told me you don't want the standard C tread tracks for snow cause they're worthless.  You can get the style with the treads cut straight across for all styles of undercarriage.  I was pushing snow into the ditch and filling it up driving in about 4 foot of fill snow and still pushing.  It's 0 out and it's fluffy non packing snow.

KIMG0489.JPG

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DT Fan said:

Geeze MTO, you could have shown us the whole 45!

 

Here's mine. 720 Allis with 60" front blade, handy as a pocket on a shirt! Built a new weight box for it this year, helped a ton.

 

Was a few of those and the Simplicity versions around here.  Those things are tanks!  My dad gutted a rear end in one during the fall years ago, brakes, seals, etc were all put in it.  The owner never used it to plow snow, but had a blade so we took that with it and used it over the winter, had downforce on the blade and with chains and weights on the 3pt man would that thing push!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Pete1468 said:

expensive and make allot of noise

This whole thread made me recall many years ago (circa early 40s) on our farm in Dickenson Co, Lake Park, Iowa when dad called to me to "Quick, come look out the window at the snow plow coming past to clear the  road (gravel), that must be the counties's new rotary that I heard they were gonna get".

best, randy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, TP from Central PA said:

Was a few of those and the Simplicity versions around here.  Those things are tanks!  My dad gutted a rear end in one during the fall years ago, brakes, seals, etc were all put in it.  The owner never used it to plow snow, but had a blade so we took that with it and used it over the winter, had downforce on the blade and with chains and weights on the 3pt man would that thing push!

Yep, has down-pressure on the blade! Sometimes I miss the 'float' position, then things get interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...