Sign in to follow this  
35desoto

Crank up 2020 NZ

Are there any of our Red Power members in NZ going to this years Crankup at Edendale NZ? I'm heading back for my 3rd year and just keep loving it. It's not the same layout due to road realignment but the range of farm machinery and the camadraire of all there is hard to beat. I mucked around whether to go about 5 yrs ago and regret not going sooner. Last year I was asked to help crew a steam traction engine and boy what a blast. Cheers Brett

Hi  Brett, ,

I,m heading down from Timaru Thurs/Fri this week, taking one little tractor with me.

Martin Thompson ( here on the forum) is already moving his tractors in that direction and will hopefully have 3 tractors there along with 2 of his fathers machines.

The new layout will be interesting ,... I hav’nt been to it  myself for a few years now so it will be good to get back “home” so to speak.....Marty and I are friends from the Gore area from way back when 👍

looking forward to a fun weekend, hope to meet you there👍

Heath , 

Timaru

Cheers Heath. My wife and I are flying into Dunedin Friday and taking a day touring down through Milton Roxborough and then to Queenstown, Lumsden and then into Gore for the night.

So its up earlish to get to Edendale at a good time Saturday to see the two days though. Which tractor are you taking and the same for Martin?

My mates reckon I'm a little unstable travelling from one end of NZ to the other to look at old farm machinery but this and my favourite swap meets keep me sane HAHA

Brett  Bombay Hills

G'day Brett.  .our local show is end of January....Nelson anniversary      weekend...........Have to wait until I retire  before heading south   !!! Just seem to be bogged down with machine operating   at the moment...Threatening   to retire after the end of this year......that will give me  60 years of working ......and then   I will cram into  the schedule   all the things I want to fix/build /restore /burn  black and smokeless powder/trips to the US  etc etc......  Somehow I just don't know how this will work out...sigh  :(

Enjoy Edendale :)!!

Mike

Thanks Mike

With the projects I have at home I will have to lived till I am 150 - then retire LOL

However work keeps interfering. The next show for me after Edendale is the Franklin Machinery boys display at Karaka in March

Cheers Brett

Hi Brett

As Heath has said I will be at Crank Up this weekend and managed to talk him into coming down for it too.

I don't have any European tractors but will have some American tractors on display. Last saturday the first tractor was driven to Gore ready to go to Edendale. It was a nice day for a cruise in the country and most importantly an ice cream.

Hopefully we manage to catch you this year

20200118_122141.thumb.jpg.8734a97d7a2909862c5a224956447071.jpg

Marty,NZ 

Had the pleasure today of meeting 35desoto (Brett) at Crank Up. Really cool to meet another NZ forum member (He comes from up closer the other end of our small country). I even entrusted my W4 into his care for the all makes parade, hopefully he enjoyed his cruise around the main ring.

20200125_141232.thumb.jpg.3e80e6ad363c59e8186ccd4872fc65c5.jpg

20200125_141001(0).thumb.jpg.c57c931f8e8d4004c2b5654b50a18c89.jpg

There was a group from farm collector magazine.  They came from all over the USA  and seemed to enjoy the day there today and seeing what our country has to offer.

The line up Dad and I have at Edendale this year.

1947 Case DEX ,1945  W6,1947 W4, 1945 Farmall H and 1941 Farmall A.

20200125_182413.thumb.jpg.39864533db34a87df7acfa5b1bf7dee3.jpg

Marty,NZ 

On 1/20/2020 at 10:27 PM, mike_newman said:

G'day Brett.  .our local show is end of January....Nelson anniversary      weekend...........Have to wait until I retire  before heading south   !!! Just seem to be bogged down with machine operating   at the moment...Threatening   to retire after the end of this year......that will give me  60 years of working ......and then   I will cram into  the schedule   all the things I want to fix/build /restore /burn  black and smokeless powder/trips to the US  etc etc......  Somehow I just don't know how this will work out...sigh  :(

Enjoy Edendale :)!!

Mike

Mike - it was a blast down there. Gotta say the highlight was being entrusted with Martin's W4 plus meeting those two likely lads and Trevor, Martin's father. From a North Islanders point of view it was refreshing to enjoy a relaxed, laid back, interactive display without all the H+S bullshit overpowering the weekend. Its a credit to the Edendale Vintage Machinery club thats their efforts are so well co-ordinated and received by the public. I trust your local Nelson A+P Show was a success.

Cheers Brett

PS retiring??/ My dad retired at 87.5 yrs - worked for the Railways for 70 years but thats another story in its self

“Likely lads???”...LOL.....no need to be that polite mate😂.

Really good to see you both for the weekend....your CEO did a great job putting up with us southern rednecks for the entire show....Top marks for that effort😂👍

I hope you enjoyed the rest of the your time around the area and had a good trip home, ...must do it again sometime 👍

PS:   The 5120 was loaded and despatched this morning 😂😂😂

Heath

Heath and I drove two tractors (W6 and Farmall H while the rest were trailered) from Gore to Edendale ( just over an hour on the tractors ).

Some people who live in Michigan had suggested pie and ice cream is always needed on such special occasions, so very reluctantly we were forced to stop for a Jimmy's mince and cheese pie and a ice cream. 20200124_121358.thumb.jpg.290146bdc2dbd1dc7b1e3d0caf599a9b.jpg

Brett ,trust you and your wife had a good trip home and glad you had a blast down here in the deep south.

See ya next year unless we get lost and end up on that other island before then.

Marty,NZ