1066 Farmstock wanting to use 466

5 hours ago, 560Dennis said:

Question, how can a 466 in a 1066 be farm stock

Yeah, the word stock shouldn't even be in the name. The only limitations here are MPH, pump type, turbo, rpm and tire size.  Anything else goes. Some guys have thousands in their pumps alone. And working pto and hydraulics if they came equipped with them. Wheelie bars if you're a member. 

Looks like they added a 13700 stock this year. Now I won't have to remove half of my wheel weights from the 1066 and then have the pull get rained out like last year. 

BTW I only have a 414, just doing it for a little fun!

http://gptp.org/

Great Plains Tractor Pullers 2020 Rules

STOCK CLASS RULES

5700# STOCK                              10700# STOCK      

6700# STOCK                              11700# STOCK

7700 # STOCK                             12700# STOCK

8700 # STOCK                             13700# STOCK

9700 # STOCK                     

1.      All stock classes must be stock and out of the field.  Must be stock block or its factory replacement.  Turbo are optional.

2.  Rubber tires only.  NO cut tires, No tire studs, NO chains, NO 4-wheel drives or front wheel assists.  Tire size is 20.8 X 38 to 18.4 X 42.  No aluminum rear rims. Cast or steel rear rims only. 

3.  MPH Limit:

5700# class     6MPH                    10,700# class    8 MPH

6700# class     6 MPH                   11,700# class    9 MPH

7700 # class    7 MPH                   12,700 # class   9 MPH

8700 # class    7 MPH                   13,700 # class 10 MPH

9,700 # class   8 MPH                  

The sled operator will be using the horn for the classes. A warning will            

Be given before the 100’ if a puller goes over MPH. If a puller goes over

MPH after the 100’ mark the horn will sound again and the puller will be

DISQUALIFIED.

4.  All tractors must have functioning hydraulics and PTO.(If factory equipped.)
            Must have operational rock shaft housing. If tractor has no rock shaft must have     

Factory plate.

5.  NO CURVED STACKS ALLOWED.  Straight pipe only.  Must have factory muffler to have curved pipe. 

6.  No inline pumps unless factory equipped.  Stock factory pump on stock block for that particular model tractor.

7.  RPM Limit:

5700# and 6700# Classes                                          2600 rpm limit     
            7700 # and 8700 # Classes                                        2600 rpm limit
            9700 # and 10,700 # Classes                                     2700 rpm limit
            11,700 # and 12,700 # Classes                                  2800 rpm limit
            13,700# Class                                                             2800 rpm limit

NO allowance on rpms.

8. All tractors must be data logger equipped.(non members do not need the data Logger equipment) 

9. Non Members will be allowed 4 hooks or 2 events. After the 2 events the puller

Will be required to be a member and be data logger equipped. Non members will

Be required to have wheelie bars after their 4 hooks or 2 events.

10. Wheelie bars are mandatory and must be able to support the weight of the

Tractor when loaded to the heaviest class that particular tractor competes in. Bars are to be a minimum of 32 inches back from the center of the rear axle and a maximum of 10 inches off the ground. Each bar is to have a pad of a minimum of  24 square inches.

Factory replacement block for a 414 today would be a 466 so technically it would be legal. IMO spending a bunch of $$ on pump work with a 9 or 10mph speed limit would be a waste, back the fuel screw out, remove the outer air filter and go have some fun. With 20.8 tires you would be limited to hi 1 anyway.

58 minutes ago, bkorth said:

Factory replacement block for a 414 today would be a 466 so technically it would be legal. IMO spending a bunch of $$ on pump work with a 9 or 10mph speed limit would be a waste, back the fuel screw out, remove the outer air filter and go have some fun. With 20.8 tires you would be limited to hi 1 anyway.

My tractor has the block that came in it when it rolled out of the Rock Island Farmall Works.  It has 466 cubes because of a 466 crankshaft and overhaul kit.  Same block it’s always had.  Backing the screw out will get you 200hp give or take a few.  Probably can’t spin 20.8’s in high one.  I have played with a tractor on the Dyno.  Outer air filter if clean is very minimal restriction at those power levels.  That inner one will steal several horse power.  Take the inner one out and leave the outer.  

7 minutes ago, billonthefarm said:

My tractor has the block that came in it when it rolled out of the Rock Island Farmall Works.  It has 466 cubes because of a 466 crankshaft and overhaul kit.  Same block it’s always had.  Backing the screw out will get you 200hp give or take a few.  Probably can’t spin 20.8’s in high one.  I have played with a tractor on the Dyno.  Outer air filter if clean is very minimal restriction at those power levels.  That inner one will steal several horse power.  Take the inner one out and leave the outer.  

I sure ain't gonna argue the air filter thing with you but mine dynoed 285 with stock pump , fuel screw backed out 4 1/2 turns. I cut the wires on it myself when I started pulling it, maybe I got a hot one from the factory , at the time everyone wanted to know what I had done to it,  I was running 18.4 tires in h2 , pull the ta and spin out , 13500. 

28 minutes ago, bkorth said:

I sure ain't gonna argue the air filter thing with you but mine dynoed 285 with stock pump , fuel screw backed out 4 1/2 turns. I cut the wires on it myself when I started pulling it, maybe I got a hot one from the factory , at the time everyone wanted to know what I had done to it,  I was running 18.4 tires in h2 , pull the ta and spin out , 13500. 

Wow, that’s doing pretty good!  They won’t normally do that.  How many rpms?

5 minutes ago, billonthefarm said:

Wow, that’s doing pretty good!  They won’t normally do that.  How many rpms?

Stock rpm, 2840. This 1066 was a trade in from the fire sale of the red 94 series , the guy who had it traded for a 2294 in August and in May I guess he called the dealer wanting to buy it back, said the Case was a pooch, he then called me, sorry dude no dice I'm keeping it!

• Haha 1

So I have a couple questions for the rules posted above. Define factory replacement block for me? If it had a 414 surely guys cant get away with 466 block? 

Another, if your having fun pulling your "stock" tractor how do you put wheelie bars on back?  Bolt on at night or what? I'm thinking working tractors here. Around me they pull stock tractors the way you bring em. 1 will have wheelie bars and the next not until you get in higher classes ofcoarse. Each has their own rules I know. 

Last, I always see guys put alum fenders, remove pto, steel wheels, etc. I assume this is to lighten them up to be able to run lighter classes? 1066's are what I'm referring to here. 

I'm not a tractor puller... but it sounds like most the guys here aren't, so, I fit in.  466 block has no advantage, to you guys that didn't know....it's the same block. 466 head though....that has bigger valve area right?  With more room to expand their capacity beyond that, porting wise? 

46 minutes ago, stronger800 said:

I'm not a tractor puller... but it sounds like most the guys here aren't, so, I fit in.  466 block has no advantage, to you guys that didn't know....it's the same block. 466 head though....that has bigger valve area right?  With more room to expand their capacity beyond that, porting wise? 

There are 3 different 400 series heads. High swirl, moderate, and low. Valves are no different. 

3 hours ago, Missouri Mule said:

So I have a couple questions for the rules posted above. Define factory replacement block for me? If it had a 414 surely guys cant get away with 466 block? 

Another, if your having fun pulling your "stock" tractor how do you put wheelie bars on back?  Bolt on at night or what? I'm thinking working tractors here. Around me they pull stock tractors the way you bring em. 1 will have wheelie bars and the next not until you get in higher classes ofcoarse. Each has their own rules I know. 

Last, I always see guys put alum fenders, remove pto, steel wheels, etc. I assume this is to lighten them up to be able to run lighter classes? 1066's are what I'm referring to here. 

466 block should be ok. Most of the replacement blocks are stamped 467 . Depending on what crankshaft is what determines if it's 414 ,436, or 466