Sign in to follow this  
Keith 1066

1066 Farmstock wanting to use 466

I have a 1066 I want to put a 466 in. I’m thinking about running a inline ag pump. What would it take to put an inline ag pump on a motor that already has a inline pump. I pull the tractor in the summer time. What’s the most I can get out of of, but be able to use it occasionally. 

How big is your bank account ? It's VERY relative to the answer to this question

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

As long as it is a tractor in-line pump and not the truck DT466 in-line pump.

Bitty is right...if you start add HP upfront everything behind it needs upgraded and that adds up in a hurry.

If you are going to pull it more, I would suggest starting in the rear end housing.

07461A22-0664-4569-9C55-ECA96462D797.jpeg

• Like 2

Yes, this a slippery slope that there is no turning back from. Horsepower is a very addicting disease.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, bitty said:

How big is your bank account ? It's VERY relative to the answer to this question

This is why I want to he the best puller in farm stock 6500lbs to 9500lbs. You can dominate with somthing that cost in total less than the fuel pump on the big hot tractors. I think it's more fun when you dont have to spend crazy money on it

• Like 5

57 minutes ago, randy hall said:

Yes, this a slippery slope that there is no turning back from. Horsepower is a very addicting disease.

Good Topic for a snowy day in Mid-Michigan,  "Cooter" on this Red Power Site is the "Tractor Pull Superintendent" at our Eaton County Fair,  At there January board Meeting,   The Fair board is considering a Thursday, Friday & Saturday pulling schedule,  Many "New" classes available to the Local pullers.

We have had to travel to other counties to participate in "Hot Farm" &  "Naturally Asperated pulling weight classes" .

I'm 63 years old,    I enjoy the "Tractor Pulling Sport",    Watching your Fellow farmer friends pulling in your class,  getting back in the "Pit Area" with your family & grandchildren, and talking strategy,  (Ya,   Like you could change any thing on your "Run what you Brung" hay rake tractor").

"Horsepower is a Very addicting Disease",....  "Praise The Lord"..  that this is the worst disease I every get!!!

My 2 Cents,    Jim Droscha

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Keith 1066 said:

What is the best 10mm a pump to run

Where are you located?  I say it depends on where you are.

I personally like to be able to have the pump and turbo shop a little closer to home for the pulling items so that I can drive there...

10 hours ago, TeachersPet1066 said:

As long as it is a tractor in-line pump and not the truck DT466 in-line pump.

Bitty is right...if you start add HP upfront everything behind it needs upgraded and that adds up in a hurry.

If you are going to pull it more, I would suggest starting in the rear end housing.

07461A22-0664-4569-9C55-ECA96462D797.jpeg

Not to hyjack the thread here but I asuume that is a needled spider and cross. Will that fit in a stock diffential carrier?

4 hours ago, 1967806 said:

Not to hyjack the thread here but I asuume that is a needled spider and cross. Will that fit in a stock diffential carrier?

Atlas tractor    That is located northeast of me can fix you up.    They are well known for pulling parts

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 1967806 said:

You can use the stock differential carrier and have the cross needle bearings and washers installed.  Nate is correct picture is from Atlas.

• Like 1

I’m located in Tennessee, the fastest I’m going to run the tractor is about 10mph. I the tractor hooks up well I just need some more power, and want the tractor to be able to do occasional farm work. 

DT 466 truck motor with an inline pump is what you want to start with . Don't run that pump that comes with the truck motor you will want the ag pump MW Bosch . You will want to check your rules for your area , you might have to run a model 100 ambac pump . We have stuff here in my shop if your looking for used stuff , we have gone up in classes . Send me a pm if you want .

Danny 

Contact injpumped on here and he will fix you up. He owns and operates Guenther Heritage diesel so that's all he does. He will walk you through whatever you are wanting to build. He has done some work for me and was more than happy with it and he won't blow smoke up your ass like some try. I know he is not real close to you but its just shipping ,not big deal after all I'm in Canada and he is in Illinois.

On 1/19/2020 at 6:18 AM, DirtBoyz07 said:

DT 466 truck motor with an inline pump is what you want to start with . Don't run that pump that comes with the truck motor you will want the ag pump MW Bosch . You will want to check your rules for your area , you might have to run a model 100 ambac pump . We have stuff here in my shop if your looking for used stuff , we have gone up in classes . Send me a pm if you want .

Danny 

I know govenor reaktion is not the same Between the MW truck pump and ag pump. But can someone please light the details on why a pump shop can't readjust or change internal parts to make it ag specs ? 

Andreas 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, IHC-DK said:

I know govenor reaktion is not the same Between the MW truck pump and ag pump. But can someone please light the details on why a pump shop can't readjust or change internal parts to make it ag specs ? 

Andreas 

Completely different governor housing and everything. 

4 hours ago, RAH said:

Completely different governor housing and everything. 

Thank you sir 👍

Pump shop can change entire governor assembly on your truck pump if you wanted, but I don’t know the cost. I know a P7100 ag governor runs 500$

Since it already has the inline pump on it, even though it is likely a truck RQV governor, at 10 mph, just run it the way it is first to see how it acts, if they even let you run with an inline in "stock" classes. While the RSV "AG" governor is a tighter regulating governor, the pump itself will still retard to start notches that can only be turned up so far. So, you'll have to get a pump built anyway. Model 100's can be built to put out lots of fuel, thus hp, and are completely factory appearing, so no one can kick you out lol! I think I'm too far behind already to be taking any more new pull pump builds this year. Thanks guys for the plugs!

On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2020 at 2:42 PM, Injpumped said:

Since it already has the inline pump on it, even though it is likely a truck RQV governor, at 10 mph, just run it the way it is first to see how it acts, if they even let you run with an inline in "stock" classes. While the RSV "AG" governor is a tighter regulating governor, the pump itself will still retard to start notches that can only be turned up so far. So, you'll have to get a pump built anyway. Model 100's can be built to put out lots of fuel, thus hp, and are completely factory appearing, so no one can kick you out lol! I think I'm too far behind already to be taking any more new pull pump builds this year. Thanks guys for the plugs!

Ed, what the heck we gonna do when you decide to retire? You got anyone working with you now to learn the trade?

I'm not nearly old enough to even consider retirement lol!

• Like 1

Question, how can a 466 in a 1066 be farm stock

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, 560Dennis said:

Shucks I’ve got a 966 with a 466 turbo use it to feed cows and move bales does nothing else really 

1 hour ago, 560Dennis said:

Guess you're not much of a tractor puller.

1 hour ago, 560Dennis said:

The engine is the same in outward appearance, and many IH trucks were used in Fertilizer or snow plow applications, so the trucks are junked out, leaving a good running engine to stick in a tractor.