Any adapters for IH tans to SAE2?

Flatbedcowboy

Hello All,

So I believe I have a T-35 IH transmission linked to a 2 speed rear. Gas motor is trashed and I happen to have a DT466 sitting in my shop.

I have read that the IH trans has its own unique bellhousing pattern; the DT466 currently has a SAE2 bolt pattern.

Does any company make an flywheel housing adapter so I can use the trans and DT together? 

Im not worried about dog housing the cab, mounts, "how hard" the swap will be. This is for a total custom project anyways.

Thanks!

8 hours ago, Flatbedcowboy said:

Hello All,

So I believe I have a T-35 IH transmission linked to a 2 speed rear. Gas motor is trashed and I happen to have a DT466 sitting in my shop.

I have read that the IH trans has its own unique bellhousing pattern; the DT466 currently has a SAE2 bolt pattern.

Does any company make an flywheel housing adapter so I can use the trans and DT together? 

Im not worried about dog housing the cab, mounts, "how hard" the swap will be. This is for a total custom project anyways.

Thanks!

The dt used a lot heavier trans. The big Clark 5 speed had ahousing to mount to the round 2 I can snap a picture of one but . The t35 is going to adapt easy. Any small old semi trans would go in easy .

On 1/17/2020 at 6:55 PM, dale560 said:

The dt used a lot heavier trans. The big Clark 5 speed had ahousing to mount to the round 2 I can snap a picture of one but . The t35 is going to adapt easy. Any small old semi trans would go in easy .

Is the DT466 going to be to big for the T35? Like Torque wise? 

3 hours ago, dale560 said:

Yes very much to big. The 5 speeds behind the 466 are 2 times as heavy as a t35. Google 6613 road ranger That is what a lot of dts use or a lighter 9 speed.

Ah dang it, I have 3 of the T35s sitting in trucks I have sitting around. Ive been leaning towards a FSO6406 but just dont care to shell out the coin. I assume I can still use my 2speed rear with any trans I put in there?