Sign in to follow this  
FarmerFixEmUp

How Would You Like a Jet Fuel Shower?

Thank God those kids weren`t having a Winston!

• Like 1

This is worse than a manure spill in my opinion.  And the DNR gets all upset about that killing fish. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, FarmerFixEmUp said:

This is worse than a manure spill in my opinion.  And the DNR gets all upset about that killing fish. 

I agree!!!

• Like 1

The people in the plane would have probably accepted the bath, with no complaints, just to have their feet on the ground.

• Like 1

I had a jet fuel shower when I was about 12 or 13, except we called it kerosene then.  The bulk truck was filling a horizontal barrel through the top bung hole, and the pressure on the nozzle caused it to kick back, and the splash covered both of us.  I went in house, and changed clothes and used a wash cloth to wash my self off.  No problems from it.

Well what if it was a crop duster and he was dumping pesticides? They'd probably shoot him down and hang him on sight. :( Seems like a double standard to me. 

I just can't believe this is an accepted practice. They do encourage a pilot to dump over water or away from populated areas if you read the story. 

As far as manure spills, I feel farmer's get targeted for no reason. I know some guys who were hauling manure and one of the injector knives dribbled a little on the paved road. Someone called 911 and they had a haz mat unit dispatched!!! The people who teach the  classes I go to and renew my license every year work for Iowa State University. They said most of the people who report spills are citiots who don't want a bad smell on their $75000 SUV's tires!!!

OK I'm done whining now. Carry ON! 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, FarmerFixEmUp said:

They do encourage a pilot to dump over water or away from populated areas

Yup, can't recall ever having to dump from the 74 but knew well where I'd go to dump, sure would hate to be that Deltoid captain having to 'splain dumping over all those endless populated areas/suburbs when appoaching and landing to the west at LAX.

best, randy 

Said in the news that each airfield has designated dump areas that are away from populated areas and that normally the dump from a much higher altitude that allows the fuel to vaporize before getting close to the ground. So while I don't know what exactly happened the crew will have some serious explaining to do if the emergency didn't dictate a dump in that area or altitude. I imagine that the Captain and first officer may well be looking for a new job. I'm sure Randy knows far about this than most of us,

Rick

At that age several of my classmates would have been smoking... could be worse.

Had plenty of baths before in diesel and gas and am still way past elementary age. Not saying I cant get cancer from it someday or from something else but if I took a shower in that jet fuel and as a result hunderds of people lived I guess I would go home and shower and not worry about it. I guess God is in control.

• Like 1

Some of our vets thought the same about Agent Orange. 

• Like 1