Sign in to follow this  
vtfireman85

Cordless tool comparison

12 hours ago, Atilathehun99 said:

Second to the left from the right must have won some contest to be included in the photo shoot.

Yup,  and I know exactualy what that was .

To find out you will either have to send me a PM  or call Bill Clinton. 

I have used Milwaukee for the past 45 years.  I am really impressed with the  12 and 18 volt machines!   The only complaint I would have is their phase out of the 26 volt and previous 18 volt machines.   We still have several of the old 18 volt machines and the batteries are weak.   I don't want to throw them away but they too are obsolete.   I saw a video where someone took a few parts and made an adapter to use the new 18 volt batteries.   

40 minutes ago, Bud W. said:

I have used Milwaukee for the past 45 years.  I am really impressed with the  12 and 18 volt machines!   The only complaint I would have is their phase out of the 26 volt and previous 18 volt machines.   We still have several of the old 18 volt machines and the batteries are weak.   I don't want to throw them away but they too are obsolete.   I saw a video where someone took a few parts and made an adapter to use the new 18 volt batteries.   

Yes I have a few of the V28 tools and now they just sit because the batteries are obsolete so have been replaced by M18Fuel tools. Have still got on V28 battery that is not dead yet

5 hours ago, TP from Central PA said:

All looks expensive to me...........

A working man can't afford to buy cheap tools, ;)

1 hour ago, Bud W. said:

Someone is probably making and selling generic replacement batteries. I'd doubt they'd be as good as the originals but might be better than buying a new tool on account of batteries.

i have some old 19.2 craftsman and converted mine to nimh batteries, love them,  and the old tools are working great. Yes, they are older and have been used a lot, ( dropped a lot of times )  no clue who made them for craftsman, but the nimh have been a good upgrade to the old nicd batteries. 

For my cordless ratchet and impact i have the milwaukee li-ion units - li-ions should last 8-10 yrs on average. 1/2" ratchet, 1/2" High Torque Impact, might get a 3/8 impact or 3/8 ratchet next not sure. 

I am not a heavy user like a mechanic but they get used a fair amount. 

Craftsman, I have a small circular saw, 3/8 drill, 1/2 drill, 1/2 hammer drill, 1/4" impact, all good tools for me. I had a 1/2" craftsman impact but it didnt have enough oooompf sometimes.  I dropped it and after that it worked intermittently, started making sparks and let some of the magic smoke out. I went with the milwaukee as a replacement. Cant fault the craftsman tho i dropped it 😞

2 hours ago, Bud W. said:

Yea, that’s what I have, but I haven’t made an adapter for them. Maybe someday🤯🤪

For what it’s worth, try Kobalt cordless tools. I have no idea who makes them but they’re tough tools!

34 minutes ago, Ihfan4life said:

For what it’s worth, try Kobalt cordless tools. I have no idea who makes them but they’re tough tools!

i have one of their 3/8 air rachets its been very good - had it about 8 yrs or so 

That is one thing nice about being old school...............Line Voltage and Pneumatics haven't changed....................

• Like 2

I have sent several batteries in to have them reworked.  They worked for awhile but they are definitely not like a new one!

5 hours ago, KWRB said:

Someone is probably making and selling generic replacement batteries. I'd doubt they'd be as good as the originals but might be better than buying a new tool on account of batteries.

Interstate makes them, also refurbish yours 

13 hours ago, vtfireman85 said:

My grandmother never had anything nice to say !

Mine either!