Sign in to follow this  
CONN

Old tractors in 1917 movie

Went to see the WW1 movie 1917  with my sons yesterday, about 1/4 the way through when they cross the abandoned Germany camp you see a pair of IH/ McCormick tractors , a Titan and a 8/16 sticking out of a bomb crater.  ( spoiler alert!!)

• Like 1

Were there any tanks?

One , disabled wreck early in the movie .

• Thanks 1

If anyone needs something to do I highly recommend it. 

When I went we had my cousin who is 15 with us.  If you like war and action movies you will love it. 

worth the time to see.....very well done!

Going to see it tonight.  I'll try to comment again tomorrow.  In the meantime, a co-worker of mine who is a movie buff claims that 1917 is probably the best war movie ever made...and perhaps better than any future efforts.  He said that as good as Saving Private Ryan was, 1917 was even better.

Wow!  I will use a word to describe the film that I tend to rebel against because it is so overused today...epic.  Epic is absolutely fitting for this film.  It was shot to feel like you were right there.

I don't follow Hollywood or pay attention to award shows, but 1917 should absolutely clean up in the Oscars.  I highly, highly recommend seeing it.

Saw the movie last night. Wow what a good film. I saw the tractors and was wondering if they were period correct and how the Germans would have had two IH tractors on the front line  in 1917 

Artillery tractors?

The tractors are period correct.  I did not get a good look at the Titan to identify which model is was, but the distinctive, sloped-hood 8-16 was built from 1917 to 1922.  I was thinking that what was mentioned as a Titan could have actually been a Mogul 8-16 built from '14-'16.

This battle scene was in northern France.  IH had a strong presence in France, but I'm not sure when that strength would have been solidified.  One could speculate that the tractors were seized from ag duty by the invading German forces to use for artillery movement.

Just saw 1917 yesterday, and have to admit I didn't notice the tractors- but there's so much to see.  I'm probably going to go back and watch it again in the next week or two.

For anybody wondering, yes it IS that good of a film.  And go see it on the big screen, this is one that needs to be experienced that way.  It's not one to wait around and rent the DVD for.