sandhiller

Forged in Fire tonight. Wednesday the 15th. 7:00 mtn

Peyton Ramm, rancher from Valentine is going to be on. 

Don't know him personally but know the family. 

Friends say he will not let on how he did, rules of the show. 

Hope he does well. I will be in the truck so will have to wait till I get home to see the DVR.

A lot of the younger set have taken up knife making with some good talent showing up. 

Just a matter of time before we see our own Sledgehammer on an episode?

If you haven't seen this show, I highly recommend it. 

Here are a couple of Peyton's blades. 

75379818_751573691990771_3384058316245226231_n.thumb.jpg.80cb4f51ce892600eb407120f2b045bd.jpg

819631043_ForgedinFirePeytonRamm(7).jpg.7b82628302503b192a20caba0a8ac32a.jpg

• Like 9

Love that show amd fascinated with damascus, I always ask the missis if I can buy a sword in Damascus steel, she ses " why do you need a sword? What would you use it for" who dosnt need one and lots of stuff. Also would love a damascus steel 1911 pistol, Jessu James makes em but to much cash for this guy

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I will watch for him on the show. I’ve made damascus steel billets before but never a knife from them. Time management is about 85% of winning that show. The knives above are gorgeous but there is no way one like that could be built in the time allotted for the TV show. The knives I have made are generally more function than form. I keep things simple and useful (in my opinion). Lately I’ve been more into making a nice hatchet or two. Knives are made of tool steel. Hatchet is mild steel with a high carbon bit forge welded into the cutting edge. The forge I built and posted about on here has been working well. 
Thank you for the compliment Sandhiller ??

9AF2EBCB-A712-4B34-882E-1141B5A7D26A.jpeg

AAEA0CA3-C937-492E-85CA-0ECD0AC5C7DE.jpeg

833AF54F-74AC-446A-8072-3BFE4A67676E.jpeg

D406042A-0FA5-4FB6-898A-2D97BE732DFA.jpeg

• Like 10

7 hours ago, sandhiller said:

Forged in Fire tonight. Wednesday the 15th. 7:00 mtn

Peyton Ramm, rancher from Valentine is going to be on. 

Don't know him personally but know the family. 

Friends say he will not let on how he did, rules of the show. 

Hope he does well. I will be in the truck so will have to wait till I get home to see the DVR.

A lot of the younger set have taken up knife making with some good talent showing up. 

Just a matter of time before we see our own Sledgehammer on an episode?

If you haven't seen this show, I highly recommend it. 

Here are a couple of Peyton's blades. 

75379818_751573691990771_3384058316245226231_n.thumb.jpg.80cb4f51ce892600eb407120f2b045bd.jpg

819631043_ForgedinFirePeytonRamm(7).jpg.7b82628302503b192a20caba0a8ac32a.jpg

Beautiful knives.  FIF is one of my very fave shows.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sledgehammer said:

The knives above are gorgeous but there is no way one like that could be built in the time allotted for the TV show.

I agree fully. Some people thrive on the adrenaline produced by having to think/perform under pressure and time. Not me. Part of the allure of the show is that but mainly like when they go home to their own forge and have time to produce their final weapon. That allows them to bring out their true abilities. I enjoy working in iron but no where near that level. 

I wish I had the time try some forge work. I have the ability to build one, just not the talent to bring something to life with it. And that's too bad. I think I would really enjoy it. I will always admire the work done by craftsmen like Sledgehammer. 

If it was't too early in the morning, i would put some of his handiwork to use?

• Like 2

Absolutely beautiful knives. I like all knives but don't collect anything except dirt at home. Did get lucky a couple of years ago. Was in the pickup, driving, had to pull over, for some trash was about to get airborne in the bed. When I walked around the passenger side I looked down and noticed a new looking hunting knife but with no sheath. It has a slight flaw, has a bent tip. I carried it home and tossed it into a kitchen drawer. Just wonder how to straighten that tip, without breaking it?     

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Bushwacker1 said:

Just wonder how to straighten that tip, without breaking it?     

Have to grind it down and re-tip it. If you made it straight it would ruin the tip or break it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sledgehammer said:

Have to grind it down and re-tip it. If you made it straight it would ruin the tip or break it. 

Sounds like the free knife, might become an expensive knife. LOL

Just my usual luck.

• Like 1

Just now, Bushwacker1 said:

Sounds like the free knife, might become an expensive knife. LOL

Just my usual luck.

Use some files or if you have access to a belt sander you can re-tip one fairly easily. 

• Like 1

Stopped at the junction of HWY 83 and 2 by Thedford. 

Had to check in?

I'll have to watch it when I get home about two!

If I can stay awake ?

Don't mind the spoiler a bit. 

Thanks guys?

Just finished it. Peyton did an excellent job and even beat his teacher. On another note what about that 18 year old Missouri boy who made it to the final in the episode before. He did phenomenal for his age. I love the craftsmanship on these shows. My farrier has made a couple knives and I keep trying to get him to go on there. 

Your local gentleman did a very good job. It looks like he has a nice shop and a real eye for craftsmanship. Most of all, he didn’t let the time crunch get to him. Good for him!

• Like 1

Unloading now.

Should be home in about three hours. Think I'll try to watch it yet tonight.

I looked at his website, real nice edged weapons. Tried to put some on here but couldn't copy them.

Guess he wants you to visit his sight. Don't blame him.

It will kiiiielll?

Cutting that hog in half with what, 4 chops? pretty impressive

Banging away on the armor and having enough edge left to slice the sandbags, nice. 

Really liked the twisted damascus on the guard, beautiful, very classy

Great job to both men but......................

Congratulations Peyton!!!

• 2 months later...

I was going through some old posts, I too love that show, for me its the end tests that rock me, especially marcada and his "it will keel" line.

A couple of years ago i bought a bowie from Wal-Mart, and being curious I googled Wal-Mart bowies and found a post on a political forum, didn't matter i just posted and asked some questions, this went on for a few weeks and I was the only one posting about knives and FiF and other knife related stuff, one day i go in and I'm banned, no explanation nothing at all, i guess your not supposed to post and answer your own posts.

Like you all I love knives, but my Randall is my fave.

• Like 1