Just a note on the hydraulic pump.  The later Vistas had the Vickers pressure compensating pump with the compensator bolted on the side with four little cap screws.   I had a 2390 Case with the same pump (later,  IH also had this same pump) .  It was making a chattering noise and finally quit working.  I took it off and went to a reputable hydraulic pump repair place.  They said they put a kit in it.  I took it back, put it on the tractor, it didn't work.  I took it back to the business and they tested again.  It worked, but they had bypassed the little compensator.  As it turned out there is a spring in the compensator that was broken.  That is all that was wrong with it.  Of course they didn't have the spring and the Case dealer didn't have the spring but they loaned me a compensator from a used pump they had to get me going.  Like the MM pump, the Case is easy to get on and off.  This was a well known business and those jugheads knew nothing.  I didn't either, but by the time I got through messing with this, I knew more than they did.  There was nothing wrong with my pump except that spring.  

Just thought I'd give you a heads  up. ( just type  in vickers pressure compensator pump )      I like the old Vistas also.  Mine is a later LP.  

Fred

• Like 1

Little belt driven cooler circuit pump mounted on engine can cause cooling problems. People tension belt too tight wearing pump out, due to it being mounted high it will pull air in around pump shaft. Later tractors (which may be your case) have a gereoller style cooler pump mounted in transmission case that Vicker pump piggy backs on it. 

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

Well progress has slowed recently on my shop. We got part of the cieling up before Covid and its restraints took hold. I need help for the cieling and I don't really want to invite my help over and risk anything right now anyhow. I've been using the shop too much lately anyway so it's alright. It may not be finished but I already am happy with it. Hopefully here soon I can get it finished and officially move in. 

20200315_171143.thumb.jpg.efa4f56cde8b0fe625f746fcd9876852.jpg

I am happy with the lights I got. I've got three more rows left to install up the high side of the cieling and on more on the downhill side of the header. Then all of the ones on the unfinished cieling.

20200328_072648.thumb.jpg.c71791ded19884d0cdcf4bf1a1137612.jpg

This tractor is the reason I had to hurry and get some of the lights installed instead of put up more metal. It went down the day we were doing the cieling.

20200401_141634.thumb.jpg.cc0e951c75c7901ae8e4650b047e3138.jpg

The door is big enough for a customers Patz to fit in but it was nice enough that afternoon I opted to do the apron chain outside. Backed it in and did the wheel bearings inside.

• Like 1

i love it, great job!!! so nice to have a good place to work, even if small like mine its out of the weather and i am more likely to do something just because of that vs sit and complain how crappy it is outside and talk myself out of something - much more refined and nice than my workshop and so much larger, but then again i dont have teh skillset to tear into something so huge like you so kudos for that !!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
20 minutes ago, dale560 said:

Looking good how has it been on your own

Great. I am now sure it has been the right decision. Was a little slow in January and again in the first part of March but otherwise I've been busy. I've worked for lots of my old customers at the dealer and several new people I haven't met prior. Thanks for asking.

3 minutes ago, WishIhada1466 said:

Great. I am now sure it has been the right decision. Was a little slow in January and again in the first part of March but otherwise I've been busy. I've worked for lots of my old customers at the dealer and several new people I haven't met prior. Thanks for asking.

Good luck and keep it up shop looks nice. Don’t be afraid to charge what you are worth. Town is crazy high price shop rates now. Post a couple pics of the jack  that axle is set on

2 minutes ago, dale560 said:

Good luck and keep it up shop looks nice. Don’t be afraid to charge what you are worth. Town is crazy high price shop rates now. Post a couple pics of the jack  that axle is set on

How do you measure your worth?

3 minutes ago, CIHTECH said:

How many times your phone rings. I do just my own stuff now and about 1 major thing a month. If you are good and respectable I know I was always 30 days out with stuff and squeezing clutches and emergency stuff in.  In all honesty when working hard never ran out of projects. But we did everything, trucks , tractors , autos , a few boats, big construction, irrigation motors and all that. Plus farmed and had cattle, pigs. Now I honestly only work 10% of what we did.

9 minutes ago, CIHTECH said:

Also know that transmission would be 10,000 labor now any place. They don’t touch anything for under a 1000. I don’t know if you work on jds but neighbor and landlord has 4440. Scv valve was leaking by. I fix them all the time but was in harvest took his off he took it to dealer 800 labor to refinish one scv valve to their door

The frame I made to carry that housing is similar in shape to the old IH one we had at the dealer. Biggest difference is on it you have to spin the caster to adjust the height. Mine I used threaded rods and welded nuts in various places for different applications. Although most of the time it will be used on McCormick MTX's as there are a bunch around here. On these MTX's or the Case IH MX's I prefer when I do a rear split to just leave the rear tires off and use this frame to roll them out. 90% of the tractors around here have methanol in the tires and handling them multiple times gets old. Once they are off the first time so my fat butt can get in there to get to the bolts and such I never put them back on.

14 minutes ago, CIHTECH said:

Post a couple pics of the jack  that axle is set on

20200324_170403.jpg

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...

We made a dent in the shop over the weekend. The ceiling is finished along with the lights. It has been raining all morning so I put my service call off until after lunch and decided to straighten things up in here so I cant get a couple tractors in. My hope is to finish the short wall insulation and metal this coming weekend so i can get my benches built and welder outlets wired. We will see how that works out. 

20200427_094512.thumb.jpg.8a7fee3f2569459efb71bb600ec8ea5b.jpg

• Like 8
  • 4 months later...

I was finally able to work on my shop again over this three day weekend. I have had customer tractors in it constantly since the last post. Pulled the last tractor out last week and promised myself nothing was coming back in until I was done. I've got plenty of road calls for a couple weeks anyhow. We put all the wall insulation up and liner metal. I'm so glad it's done. The old crooked existing buildings made it a challenge putting the metal in. Every single piece was a different length. There is still plenty to do before I can move in permanent but I can see the end.

20200907_195944.thumb.jpg.3aaf2576e583e76c745104731ad02c1f.jpg

20200907_195905.thumb.jpg.d987c537e51dc98199185343068928d7.jpg

• Like 6

Well I got the shop mostly finished up this weekend. I still have some shelving to build for some tools and install the heater and exhaust fan but I can use it now. It ain't big but it's nice and a whole lot better than what I had.

20200913_162750.thumb.jpg.5e382835e028673fc7386c717aa23e35.jpg

20200913_162754.thumb.jpg.d8d1894fb8ce2de0b0147e44223115e5.jpg

20200913_162747.thumb.jpg.72bf7e76738078e425f933238e314380.jpg

• Like 4

Looks good, I see you had help, glad to see your taking the BLM seriously 😂😂