Sign in to follow this  
BobinIL

Cab swap operators platform issue.

I have a 1066 that I am removing the white IH deluxe cab and replacing it with a Year a round cab.  It looks like I am going to have to convert the operators platform to an open station platform to install the YAR cab.  What all do I need?  Rear platform, right and left platform extensions front platform, and right and left battery trays??  anything I am missing?

1 hour ago, BobinIL said:

I have a 1066 that I am removing the white IH deluxe cab and replacing it with a Year a round cab.  It looks like I am going to have to convert the operators platform to an open station platform to install the YAR cab.  What all do I need?  Rear platform, right and left platform extensions front platform, and right and left battery trays??  anything I am missing?

Why not restor the white cab?

• Like 3

Do the YAR cabs use the oem open station platform?  I'm not familiar with them, but I have one coming, so I'm curious too.  I almost want to say they had their own platform. 

Rusty?  

I do believe you need the open station platform. It’s just a one piece platform.

Yes need fender platform or could make extension plates to bolt to your can platform. That might make things handier if you ever have to work under it. Just an idea, I dont think I've seen it done.

Yes, a factory open station platform is what was intended for a Year A Round. You can add to your cab platform and make it work. The Year A Round has plates that bolt on the open station platform as well. If your cab didn't come complete, I would just fabricate the platform you have. Yes you need the battery trays as well. There are more parts to make it complete that go inside the cab as well.

The Year A Round cab, like most aftermarket cabs, were designed for open station machines. Remove fenders(if equipped) and install.  Lower cost alternative for budget minded farmers vs. the factory cab.