Sign in to follow this  
560Dennis

❓3.4 Pontiac aztek fuel injector

SonS got a 2003 Pontiac jaztek with p0301,. Change the plugs no change. Check engine light comes  on only on acceleration. 
next it on the list is the fuel injector . 
should I change number One with another injector to see if the problem moves to that cylinder  👀

One at a time take the electrical connector off and OHM the injector. If I remember they should be around 12 Ohms. Find the one that has a different value and change that first. I had a Oldsmobile that had that engine and it would shut down if two went bad.

• Like 1

id guess a coil pack - move coil pack from one cylinder to another and see if you get a different code, not sure if the 3.4 uses dual coil packs or individuals like my 3.8s did but you can swap and see if it follows the coil pack to troubleshoot. 

I have had random firing/electronic issues iwth a bad crank sensor on my 3.8s as well could be that - 

Code p0301 is a misfire on cylinder #1.  I’m not familiar with the Aztec but would lean towards a coil.  

• Like 1

I am not very familiar with the aztek but here are some generic things to do. Switch coil with a known good on another cyl, like cyl2. If misfire moves to 2 then it's a coil. Ohm out injector, if fine move injector to cyl 3 if misfire moves to cyl 3 then injector. I have seen injectors ohm fine but the pintle be stuck. If the misfire doesn't move, do compression test, leak down test, check for injector pulse from the ecm with noid light, vacuum leak, etc.

• Like 1