Perhaps we need a "WORDS TO LIVE BY " thread

lorenzo

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My dad, 7 yrs departed, had several go-to sayings.  

One, for my obsessive ways:  "Not just everybody wants to hear all that"  It wasn't to tell me that he didn't want to hear it, it was to help me understand that everybody didn't want to hear it.  

Another, for my complaining ways:  "You need to enjoy the job"  What he was saying was, be grateful for work, for occupation, that it's going well enough, and how it ought to be going (by my estimation) instead is where you need to refer to the last go-to saying.  

Another good one was to explain people... "Folks are different... some more so than others"

I asked him one time why up north of us there was less urban cluttered up places scattered around.  "city water".... <stunned expression>... "what?!?"  "city water... if you got to maintain a well, you can't be someone that's drugged up and can't work on anything"  I'd have never thought of the evils of city water, but he was right.  

He got smarter as I got older, and by the time I buried him, he was Einstein (and I wished desperately that I'd embraced the apprenticeship more thoroughly and earlier).  

Left me his English shepherd dog, though... I think that was to complete the training.  She gives me the same looks that he gave... the look of <shaking head>, "dumb___"   Hope she finishes the job.  

• Like 6

One day there are no more tomorrows, and there is only one "today" left. For many, a good number of those tomorrows are spent being incapacitated, waiting for that last today. Whatever you have to do before you get there, do it and do it well. Be the dude who LIVED his life, the life that everyone else wanted to live but were too afraid to.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, junkandcattle said:

Can only speak for myself but this could happen 😃

How about it @sandhiller

comic.thumb.jpeg.8f7b5c811de30c4194e529c5a4fedca7.jpeg

LOL, Oh my gosh, yes.

(NOT words commonly heard around the corrals)😂

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/2/2021 at 5:38 PM, sandhiller said:

LOL, Oh my gosh, yes.