Sign in to follow this  
Diesel Doctor

Drone Sightings in Nebraska & Colorado

I've been lasered on a locomotive. It's no joke. Kid shot through the window over my right shoulder. I spun around and traced it right back to the second floor window of the house. Same street my boss's mother lived on. Kid got a visit.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, rcb said:

The FAA is a barely controlled agency. 

And what alphabet agency is. 😡

Most seem to run under their own authority with little oversight.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, sandhiller said:

And what alphabet agency is. 😡

Most seem to run under their own authority with little oversight.

or they make up their own rules as they go along until something happens and then it becomes debatable 

• Like 3

Lorenzo:  Now that they know where you are you may be getting a visit from the "Mother Ship"!  Prepare to be "probed"!  LOL!  Seriously though, what happened to you is scary.

"Interesting Idea On Colorado Drones And Grazing Saving Water"

"Here a real farmer speculating that the recent mob of drones seen methodically mapping something near Colorado / Kansas might be looking at water use due to western water wars being the usual big deal."

https://chiefio.wordpress.com/2020/01/16/interesting-idea-on-colorado-drones-and-grazing-saving-water/

• Like 1

On 1/13/2020 at 9:42 AM, Rawleigh99 said:

Lorenzo:  Now that they know where you are you may be getting a visit from the "Mother Ship"!  Prepare to be "probed"!  LOL!  Seriously though, what happened to you is scary.

https://youtu.be/0eBZQVMzhOU

• Haha 1

On 1/13/2020 at 9:42 AM, Rawleigh99 said:

C'mon...it's Nebraska...they were just looking for something interesting....they will give up and move on shortly....😴

• Like 1

4 hours ago, new guy said:

C'mon...it's Nebraska...they were just looking for something interesting....they will give up and move on shortly....😴

So.................they'll be skipping over Iowaaaa then???😁😂

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, sandhiller said:

We can only hope!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, sandhiller said:

Already did...😕

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, new guy said:

And it didn’t take em very long .  Lol   

• Haha 1

A Florida man is facing a laundry list of charges after he allegedly pointed a laser at least four aircraft, including a police helicopter. Charlie Chapman Jr., 41, was apprehended at an industrial site near Bradenton-Sarasota Airport after several complaints from pilots. One of the pilots reported he was temporarily blinded and had lingering blurred vision after the attack. That resulted in his being charged with pointing a laser at a pilot with injury and pointing a laser at a pilot without injury. Chapman wasn’t finished when he put the laser in his pocket though.

The police helicopter arrived and its multi-mode camera showed him lighting up the cockpit a few times. Chapman then switched to throwing rocks at the hovering chopper. As the police on the ground closed in, he hopped on a forklift and then grabbed a hammer with which to greet them with “a striking motion.” He was tasered and taken to the hospital before being arrested and charged.

https://www.avweb.com/aviation-news/laser-attack-caught-on-police-video/

• Confused 1

Just as I suspected would happen ,  this whole thing disappeared from the news , 

no one has reported seeing them anymore , no one ever came up with an explanation. 

I’m betting  we will never know just exactualy what they were or who was behind it . 

To me, that’s more frustrating then actually seeing them . 

• Like 2

Yup, same out here. Two members at our fire meeting said they saw one over the feed store one night but not long enough to get any identification. 

We bandied forth all the same stuff that was talked about on here. Decided due to our advanced knowledge of avionics,😏 it was probably military and moved on. 

All the small papers had a story on page one. 

Then, as you say, nothing. 

• Like 1

It is kinda wierd how a national story with several witnesses and multiple areas just vanishes.  0 explanation or reasoning.  Why the cops poo pooed it seems wierd too.  

Humm...maybe NE CL has some low use drones for sale....🙂

• Like 1

when it is legal for a drone to fly over your property and take pictures and you can not shoot them down as they are protected. Think about it---day by day we are loosing our freedom here in the USA

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

24 minutes ago, hagan said:

when it is legal for a drone to fly over your property and take pictures and you can not shoot them down as they are protected. Think about it---day by day we are loosing our freedom here in the USA

You can go to Google Earth and see your property quite nicely. Aircraft can do the same and if you really run afoul of the government they can move a satellite. We have not had true privacy for years. 

• Sad 4

Who needs to report on mysterious drone sightings when you have the Democratic primary and impeachment trial to report on!

• Haha 1

i dont think many are watching or care

😉 That is fly over country.🤣    Just ask any up and coming news 😵 gatherer  infused with the salt air of ether coast.

I have come to see salt air infests all without a extra  dose of  common sense with  progressivism.         

7 hours ago, ray54 said:

I have come to see salt air infests all without a extra  dose of  common sense with  progressivism.

Not all of us.

I live in the last vestige of conservatism on the California coast between LA and SF.  But it is slipping away here as the practical are moving elsewhere. The salt has not destroyed all 😉 yet............................but who knows for how long.🤣