searcyfarms

what is on this cab?

what in the heck is on the roof of this 1026 cab? is this some kind of home made fan or factory from that brand of cab? looks homemade to me. 

INTERNATIONAL 1026 at TractorHouse.com

• Confused 2

27 minutes ago, searcyfarms said:

what in the heck is on the roof of this 1026 cab? is this some kind of home made fan or factory from that brand of cab? looks homemade to me. 

INTERNATIONAL 1026 at TractorHouse.com

Extra weight? 

6 minutes ago, ksfarmdude said:

Extra weight? 

maybe some sort of auxiliary jet propulsion for roading faster? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Dont know but it sure looks funny

SCUD missile launcher.

Must be custom AC  though right?

pic has been posted before, I remember trying to zoom in on it

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, stronger800 said:

SCUD missile launcher.

That was my first thought.

Not to nitpick but whats going on with the pre-cleaner? Also does this tractor have really small rear tires or really big front tires? Or just an optical illusion with the camera angle?

• Haha 2

Air cleaner is missing the plastic bowl for the pre-cleaner. Tube reminds me of a water to water heat exchanger.

I don't know, but if I had that I would leave it on and put a big sticker on each side of the cab roof................"FART CANNON"

• Haha 7

Jato rocket?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jesse in WI said:

That was my first thought.

Not to nitpick but whats going on with the pre-cleaner? Also does this tractor have really small rear tires or really big front tires? Or just an optical illusion with the camera angle?

woudl you prefer with oversized rears and angled the other way - this way would get better fuel mileage its running downhill all the time 1970 INTERNATIONAL 1026 at TractorHouse.com

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, searcyfarms said:

woudl you prefer with oversized rears and angled the other way - this way would get better fuel mileage its running downhill all the time 1970 INTERNATIONAL 1026 at TractorHouse.com

those are 20.8.38's with 10.00-16 fronts its looks like  so the rears naturally look bigger 

i like it, it looks GOOD!!!! i presume it takes non standard rims for those bigger rear tires too

Maybe it is a co ray vac heating system!  😁😆

57 minutes ago, Rusty shackleford said:

Jato rocket?

You are very close.....prototype , ex Hinsdale,....first hydro tractor with T/A....."Thrust Amplifier"👍👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Was the picture taken in Iraq? Everything's a weapon over there. 

• Like 2

Ha.  I know a guy that grew up living in different parts of the middle eastern area of the world.  He says over Here everybody drives a big Ford or a Chevy, but if we wanted to make sure that our weaponry  and drugs were always transported reliably ....that we would drive Toyota tacos and SUVs.  "Every terrorist/drug lord/bad guy  has them".  "They won't die, uness you get blown up" 

There's only one way to find out. Ask Ty Raschein at Farmland Tractor Supply.

1 hour ago, lightninboy said:

Yep.Sitting on his lot in Tangent,Oregon.

i did ask and its an old a/c unit and it does not work and the tires are 15.5 x 38 on back 10.00x16 on front  - should be 18.4 on back and 11x15 on front according to TD - 

1 hour ago, lightninboy said:

15 minutes ago, searcyfarms said:

i did ask and its an old a/c unit and it does not work and the tires are 15.5 x 38 on back 10.00x16 on front  - should be 18.4 on back and 11x15 on front according to TD - 

Tractor data lists the “standard size” tires, but you could get most anything. But the 15.5 and smaller sized tires should have been on the 8 hole hub that is most associated with a 706. This one may have started life with 16.9 or 18.4, but the owner wanted to run in row crops or perhaps match the chains/duals of his previous tractor.

40 minutes ago, searcyfarms said:

My 1026 gold demo came with 7.50 x 16 fronts and 16.9 x 38 rears. it's going to have11 x 16 and 18.4 x 38 when I redo it.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, searcyfarms said:

Tires look brand new!  We'd put whatever the buyer, dealer or farmer wanted.  15.5's were mostly used on 686/H86 but would use a pair on a large frame tractor occasionally. I used a few 14.9x38's,  had a part number for a 13.6x38 but never used any.

4 hours ago, Eason said:

My 1026 gold demo came with 7.50 x 16 fronts and 16.9 x 38 rears. it's going to have11 x 16 and 18.4 x 38 when I redo it.

theres another gold demo 1026 out there for sale i saw today - didnt look at the tires tho, the price scared me too much !!

Looks like Adam West and Burt Ward had some leftover parts.