Driver1

47 Missing from Iowa

My wife just read me a story from facebook that there are 47 missing young men and women from Iowa in the last 10 days as of 12/30/2019..Tell your children to be extra carefull and be aware of their surroundings.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Driver1 said:

My wife just read me a story from facebook that there are 47 missing young men and women from Iowa in the last 10 days as of 12/30/2019..Tell your children to be extra carefull and be aware of their surroundings.

The Iowa Department of Public Safety reported 386 Iowans missing at the end of 2019.

Of the 386 people missing 227 of them went missing this year.

What the heck?!? That's bizarre and doesn't seem likely to be coincidental.

??? How does that compare with other states?

That seems like an awful large number.

I forgot to add  when i started this post that the police feel that they where kidnapped for the sex trade.

• Sad 4

Did they say an age range ?

2 hours ago, Driver1 said:

I forgot to add  when i started this post that the police feel that they where kidnapped for the sex trade.

1 hour ago, Wi Ih said:

Did they say an age range ?

To dang young,  a runaway will be approached by a trafficker insanely fast after leaving home, 48 hours I believe. The average age looked like 16.

Sad. 

Ya....

And people think the devil has horns, a tail, and a red cape.

• Like 2

They say Iowa is a big target for human trafficking because if I-80 and I-35 bringing so much traffic through the safe.  I'm sure there's a false sense of security in small towns that doesn't help.  

I'm shocked by the number of young kids (under 10) that I see walking several blocks to school by themselves and usually with headphones on so they wouldn't hear anybody sneaking up on them.

8 minutes ago, Cliff Neubauer said:

I'm shocked by the number of young kids (under 10) that I see walking several blocks to school by themselves and usually with headphones on so they wouldn't hear anybody sneaking up on them.

They won't see 'em either, since they're looking at their phones.

• Sad 2

We live in the fast lane.

The bad guys feed off that.

FYI,   ( and this comment comes from someone in law enforcement) 

Keep in mind  every time a kid runs away and their parent calles them in missing a report is started and that goes into the data bank even though roughly 80 % of those kids are back home for supper the same night after they figure out they didnt have it so bad after all . 

Those numbers are the same in other states besides Iowa in fact Iowa is low in comparison . 

• Sad 1

Let me catch just one abducting kids.

They will NEVER do it again!

• Like 4

Bigger issue than you would think, and Iowa is actually quite low per capita vs rest of the country,  just looked up.....

https://www.vivintsource.com/smart-home-academy/2019-missing-persons-by-state/

I caught part of an interview with an ex police woman who had worked a lot of anti prostitution. Some of the examples and stories she had were heartbreaking and sickening. The human trafficking problem in the US is far larger than reported and getting worse. What really made my jaw drop was the percentages she stated were inter-family, how do you get a handle on something like that? What kind of monster pimps out their pre-teen child for sexual exploitation?!

• Sad 5

4 hours ago, Cattech said:

What really made my jaw drop was the percentages she stated were inter-family, how do you get a handle on something like that? What kind of monster pimps out their pre-teen child for sexual exploitation?!

Madagascar has been on my radar for years. I really want to dive off the northern coast into the Seychelles and the western side in the Mozambique Channel. I have researched it several times.  The more  I find out about Madagascar the sadder it gets . 

If I got off the plane alone they would take one look at me and assume I was there for the sex tourism which is beyond belief. 

Look it up,  it makes the problems we have in the  U.S .  look like romper room. 

The parents of young children literally try to force it on tourist as soon as they arrive. 

• Sad 2

5 hours ago, Cattech said:

Bigger issue than you would think, and Iowa is actually quite low per capita vs rest of the country,  just looked up.....

https://www.vivintsource.com/smart-home-academy/2019-missing-persons-by-state/

I caught part of an interview with an ex police woman who had worked a lot of anti prostitution. Some of the examples and stories she had were heartbreaking and sickening. The human trafficking problem in the US is far larger than reported and getting worse. What really made my jaw drop was the percentages she stated were inter-family, how do you get a handle on something like that? What kind of monster pimps out their pre-teen child for sexual exploitation?!

Our local fbi guy devoted to chasing traffickers and the missing says something along the lines of there may be a prostitute who has not been trafficked but I've never met one.

It takes a monster to sell your child. Also if the average age a victim is sex trafficked is 14 that means half are younger.  Irc few see adulthood...

News flash it happens in every town more often than we care to believe. 

• Sad 4

I have some good friends who run a refuge for women who have been sex trafficked, in the last month they have reached out looking for a wheel chair ramp and today a interoperator for als sign language. What kinda monster would do this to these women who are already challenged in life.

• Sad 4

2 hours ago, mader656 said:

I have some good friends who run a refuge for women who have been sex trafficked, in the last month they have reached out looking for a wheel chair ramp and today a interoperator for als sign language. What kinda monster would do this to these women who are already challenged in life.

It's been my experience that evil doesn't really have a line to cross. In for a penny...

• Like 1

On 1/7/2020 at 5:48 PM, Driver1 said:

Angry Face on Google Android 10.0