TP from Central PA

Found one..........4 post 5088

3 hours ago, TP from Central PA said:

Lots of Cabbed versions I find on craiglist in the corn belt for realistic prices...............I bought the 52 I have for around $9k, been a great tractor, my only complaint is I should have bought the MFD 52 twin that sat next to it on the lot as well at the time as it was only acouple K more.  This one here has my eye because of it being a 4 post...............

International 5288 2wd tractor - runs good, looks decent, will not go in odd gears $7500

https://terrehaute.craigslist.org/grd/d/cory-various-farm-equipment-for-sale/7050201575.html 

what about that one ? 

I know where you can buy a 5288 with 1500 hours on an overhaul for $8000. Not a beauty queen but pretty sound mechanically I think. 

Don't want or need another 5*88, but always said if I could find a 4 post I would buy it.  Got one with a cab, don't need another one.  

5 hours ago, TP from Central PA said:

Don't want or need another 5*88, but always said if I could find a 4 post I would buy it.  Got one with a cab, don't need another one.  

Just take the doors off?

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, superih said:

Just take the doors off?

Oh boy.....take some of the hood off too and it would fit right in around this area.  No, I always thought factory 4 posts were neat, same with my narrow front fetish on higher hp tractors.  

I just looked on AuctionTime and the current bid is $200 !  Not $2000. 1 day and 5 hours to go. Still time to get another oddball bargain to add to the collection. 

I am still working on my doghouse since my last bargain so I will pass on this one.

Is anyone here bidding on this? Thx-Ace

34 minutes ago, acem said:

Is anyone here bidding on this? Thx-Ace

Watching it, I wait to the end until I either pass or go all in.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TP from Central PA said:

Watching it, I wait to the end until I either pass or go all in.  

Good luck!

didja buy it  ? 

33 minutes ago, searcyfarms said:

didja buy it  ? 

It's not over until tomorrow.

It's at the 1700 now so I'm out. Good luck! Thx-Ace

3 minutes ago, acem said:

It's at the 1700 now so I'm out. Good luck! Thx-Ace

Wow, won't be long I will be out too...............I figure the price of the PTO and a bit more, but that is it.

Anything i ever want sells high. I always hear fish stories of good deals but ive never seen one. My skidsteer I just bought was the best deal I've ever gotten and that's still to be determined. And i paid plenty. Lol. By the time i got done fixing this and that and serviced her from top to bottom and had it hauled home I just added 2k to the bill. 🤦‍♂️

Good news is I'm still 5-6k under average prices. 

Anyway good luck TP....

3 minutes ago, Missouri Mule said:

Anything i ever want sells high. I always hear fish stories of good deals but ive never seen one. My skidsteer I just bought was the best deal I've ever gotten and that's still to be determined. And i paid plenty. Lol. By the time i got done fixing this and that and serviced her from top to bottom and had it hauled home I just added 2k to the bill. 🤦‍♂️

Good news is I'm still 5-6k under average prices. 

Anyway good luck TP....

I say it will bring more than what I want to pay.........that is fine, don't really need a project at the moment.   Besides, sooner or later a 4 post 5*88 that runs will show up for sale?........maybe?

15 minutes ago, TP from Central PA said:

I say it will bring more than what I want to pay.........that is fine, don't really need a project at the moment.   Besides, sooner or later a 4 post 5*88 that runs will show up for sale?........maybe?

4x4 5288 four post near Ellysburg ....

It sold for $3100. Did anyone here buy it?

Sounds like an okay buy.  It all depends on what it takes to get it up to par. Tires matching is a big plus as was noted already. If it has a working sentry it was definitely a good buy 

On 1/14/2020 at 7:51 PM, bitty said:

4x4 5288 four post near Ellysburg ....

Is it for sale? 

I did not even bid. Thx-Ace

16 minutes ago, IHC5488 said:

Is it for sale? 

Not that I know of. He can see it hauling manaur with a Houle tanker like I did if he is lucky to have gone through at the correct time. 

I saw it two or three years ago and asked my Case IH parts traveler the story and he said who's it is and that their leader in the church won't let them have air conditioning ...... Old order Mennonite guys lol 

$3000 was my top with shipping, when it hit that we headed to the barn to do chores.  It didn't bring much more, but they never got back to me with pictures to see if the sentry was there, told me everything.....beware.

30 minutes ago, TP from Central PA said:

$3000 was my top with shipping, when it hit that we headed to the barn to do chores.  It didn't bring much more, but they never got back to me with pictures to see if the sentry was there, told me everything.....beware.

Sometimes your better off. The safest project tractor sometimes is the one you didnt buy. 🤷‍♂️

On 1/7/2020 at 8:43 PM, superih said:

Just take the doors off?

X2 we had just started 1st cutting hay and the ac quit on our 52. We were in a hurry and I won the fight with my uncle and the doors came, they stayed off all summer as I enjoy the fresh air. Doors went on quickly when i had to do a 25 mile road trip in 25 degree weather!