TP from Central PA

Found one..........4 post 5088

I will be watching to make sure they don't give it away, but need it like another set of glasses for the back of my head.  There can't be many of these floating around out there anymore?

https://www.auctiontime.com/listings/farm-equipment/auctions/online/190053273/international-5088

• Like 1

good luck on the ole girl!!!

3 minutes ago, searcyfarms said:

good luck on the ole girl!!!

That thing needs more than luck!

Seat it almost broken in. Tilt wheel it appears...

Tires match. Axles aren't cut. Sheet metal's all there. That tells me someone cared a little bit.

• Like 1

good front rims, decent tread on rears, good ih emblem on grill, weight bracket should work, 3 point arms there, and its got shade, sheet metal is ehhh, a few goods going for it

The question I have asked and haven't got pictures yet......is the sentry there?

1 minute ago, TP from Central PA said:

The question I have asked and haven't got pictures yet......is the sentry there?

heck no...............its long gone

• Like 1

We had a 5088 4 post years ago.  Some days I miss it, most days I don’t! 

it sure looks solid but kinda goofy looking, are those the correct size front tires?

36 minutes ago, Farmall1066 said:

We had a 5088 4 post years ago.  Some days I miss it, most days I don’t! 

i love mine but its gotta cab 😉

48 minutes ago, searcyfarms said:

i love mine but its gotta cab 😉

I got a 50 series here with a cab already, sure would like a 4 post for a chore tractor with the STS.............I keep an eye out for 4 posts online, cruze craiglist all over the country, and you just never see a 50/52/54 with them..........I assume most went to the south and were destroyed that were optioned that way, or if they didn't, the 4 post was swapped out for a salvage cab.

Gotta wonder why they have not tried to start it...Sounds like they know there is problems and then they do not need to stand by it by not trying. Probably need to bid like it is a junk tractor.

37 minutes ago, VacDaddyt said:

Gotta wonder why they have not tried to start it...Sounds like they know there is problems and then they do not need to stand by it by not trying. Probably need to bid like it is a junk tractor.

That is what I would guess............

3 hours ago, VacDaddyt said:

Says it probably needs a tune up.   Just points and plugs, right? 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

In Texas it will only go so cheap because of the TERP(?spl) deal.

Sold before Christmas across the river in OK, then went to Brinkley auctions week later, now its at tractor jockey in Commerce TX. Every piece of equipment at the original farm sale was  ragged. Guy was hard on everything 

20191213_124507.jpg

20191213_124449.jpg

20191213_124430.jpg

The pics on auctiontime don't match yours. Did someone spray paint it?

tthe two speed pto has value if nothing else.

There was one at a cotton gin south of delta dirts place when I went through there a few years ago.

20 minutes ago, acem said:

The pics on auctiontime don't match yours. Did someone spray paint it?

tthe two speed pto has value if nothing else.

There was one at a cotton gin south of delta dirts place when I went through there a few years ago.

looks the same to me, rims, hole in exhaust pipe, etc.....

Looks the same to me.............I would guess with this back story she is stuck or if it is loose, not good.

Imagine they washed it with diesel to shine. Still a money pit pile of crap. No telling what horrors lie inside. 

It seems like every 5088 I see is like this. Just a completely ragged out pos. Occasionally a high priced baby doll but no solid back to the farm tractors.

Always amazes me on why the front wheels are always different offbrand replacement rims on these old tractors 

37 minutes ago, exSW said:

It seems like every 5088 I see is like this. Just a completely ragged out pos. Occasionally a high priced baby doll but no solid back to the farm tractors.

I guess I got lucky, the one i found was exceptional shape for 9K hours I ahve seen a couple around but they want a mint for them for some reason

• Like 1

Lots of Cabbed versions I find on craiglist in the corn belt for realistic prices...............I bought the 52 I have for around $9k, been a great tractor, my only complaint is I should have bought the MFD 52 twin that sat next to it on the lot as well at the time as it was only acouple K more.  This one here has my eye because of it being a 4 post...............