Sign in to follow this  
dannyredfan

Buddy seat for 88 series??

yea but mine is an ertl so mine doesnt really count ha!!!

3 hours ago, Jacka said:

1026 at 2, you lucky dog took me to 55 till I got my 1026

• Like 1

On 1/5/2020 at 3:17 PM, dannyredfan said:

Whould like to see what peaple have come up with to add a buddy seat ?15782589465476653403644727898178.thumb.jpg.71a766670cf1ca47cf14e92d7fc5a306.jpg

Doesn't look like your going to get much of an answer! Lol ūüė≥

• Haha 1

im going to build one so my wife and kids can ride along with me but i havent even started on it yet - when i do you can bet it will be posted on here and it will be a womans approval complete with a seat belt, I already added a seat belt to my 5088 air ride seat as well. 

51 minutes ago, Rescue11 said:

That's what iam starting to think as well. Lol. Thinking  I will gusset the handle and shim the hinge to the top of the interior  and have it fold up out of the way.  Think it should be fairly simple but was hoping someone might've already done it. 

Just now, dannyredfan said:

That's what iam starting to think as well. Lol. Thinking  I will gusset the handle and shim the hinge to the top of the interior  and have it fold up out of the way.  Think it should be fairly simple but was hoping someone might've already done it. 

I haven't done it.. look at the ones in a MX maxxum possibly or a McCormick predecessor of the maxxum

Well thinking about using a 1" spacer block to put the hinge on the top of the interior, then mont the hinge on top of the seat ,use 1/4" steal  and the handle for the bottom as a rest.     Whould need a small gusset there to help ensure it doesn't give over time. 

15 hours ago, Rescue11 said:

Heck I'm surprised that you haven't been lectured about how the tractor isn't designed for a buddy seat and you can't possibly ever make one that will be safe and you should be thrown in jail for even thinking about it.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Matt Kirsch said:

Heck I'm surprised that you haven't been lectured about how the tractor isn't designed for a buddy seat and you can't possibly ever make one that will be safe and you should be thrown in jail for even thinking about it.

thats why it will need a seat belt ūüėČ per my spouse¬†

When the kids were young I removed the left hand armrest and fabricated a buddy seat that mounted to the armrest stud and hooked on the edge of the seat suspension. It would easily lift off to reinstall the armrest. Funny. 20 years later it's still in there as my wife will ride along now and then.

What about those seats that used a wide left hand rest that folded down for a buddy seat?

9 minutes ago, Mike56073 said:

What about those seats that used a wide left hand rest that folded down for a buddy seat?

Those were the best.  Never got a headache when we bought our 5088, but sometimes still had to ride in the 1086 up by the side windows..

26 minutes ago, Mike56073 said:

Kinda like a Magnum seat?

Try google searching it adding redpower. A while back we had a great topic and someone here made a nice one. It was on the right above your scv levers. It was appolstered and all. Looked great. I remember the pics had his boy sleeping in one. Seatbelts and all. 

5288seat.jpg

I see K&M makes a buddy seat for the magnums, could that be modified for an 88?

oh im sure anything could be modified/adapted depending on how much $$/effort/time/holes/brackets/materials a person wanted to invest