Thermostat settings

jingles1928

16 minutes ago, 1958560 said:

My shop has 12" in ceiling, and I think 8" batt insulation in walls. If I did it over, I'd spray foam everything. But it's used as a shop, 16' door opens nearly daily to get something in or out, and during -20° nights the bale processor and 5288 goes in at night mostly because I seldom run #1 fuel

Even if you use it as a shop it doesn’t take much more to heat. We are in North Dakota probably one of the coldest windy spots in lower 48. Insulation pays for itself 

28X42 shop 12' ceilings well insulated except none under floor. Thermostat  at 60 all the time, turned up to comfortable when working. That could be 65-70 depending. All on about 300 gallons oil/year. Going to be a bit more this year as I'm in the shop more than usual.

Wife keeps the house at meat locker except when wood furnace is going, then it's about 74.

40x40 shop.14 ft ceiling, propane overhead furnace (energy efficient) and 2 over head fans, r-20 wlls r-60 roof, 12x16 ft door, keep it at 65 all winter, used 700 gallons of propane last winter, tools and floor always warm and not waiting for it to heat up before i go to work.