I have posted on here a few times since picking up this 560 super cheap at an auction in the fall. When I got it home had so many hydraulic leaks couldn't really hear anything over the whine of the hydraulic pump. Now that the hydraulic leaks are stopped could hear a knock in the bottom of the engine. I dropped the oil pan to find pieces of a piston laying in the bottom after disassembly turned out to be number five. So my question for today is does anyone know the specs for the crank I'd like to get a kit ordered and my manual is not here yet

The piston skirt chunks in the pan are not usual at all.

I would have the line bore checked and new cam bushings put in while you are at it beings the block has to come out anyway.

Hopefully the machine shop can save the crank and the rod(s).

Parts aren't as easy (or as cheap) as they once were to come by.

• Like 1

The oil pump needs replaced or rebuilt . 
Have machine shop clean the engine block and put new soft plugs in it . 

8 hours ago, stronger800 said:

How does the crank look? 

(Am I the only guy thinking he may not really be interested in removing the cank or the block?)

Correct  hoping for a inframe  just need to know the stock crank specs so I can check mine and know what bearings to order with the sleeve kit.      And thanks I will be sure to replace the oil pump while I'm in there.

1 hour ago, cride383 said:

Correct  hoping for a inframe  just need to know the stock crank specs so I can check mine and know what bearings to order with the sleeve kit.      And thanks I will be sure to replace the oil pump while I'm in there.

I misunderstood your intentions....do you have pictures of the bearings and rod journals?

well heck thas no good, no clue as to why it chucked a piston like that - dont know much about those gassers we only had 282Ds in ours. Ours both had head gaskets/work done on them. 

what would cause a piston skirt to break............this is just a guess but - excessive wear/movement of the piston causes the piston to come in contact with the cylinder wall where its not supposed to fatiguing the skirt and eventually breaking it - causes - worn rod bearing, worn wrist pin, worn main bearings, poor oiling causing bearings to fail and create excessive movement of the said rod/piston to allow it to contact the bottom of cylinder. 

Again these are just a guess but excessive play/wear will do this. Someone already said here do the fine measurements or you will be taking it apart again and i would check that bore really well since the piston has obviously been wallowing around in there, probably need a new sleeve besides piston. 

If the engine has run with this much slop for very long.....sleeves, pistons,  rings, bearings are likely wore.  If oil pressure was poor, probably need cam bearings too. Sounds like overhaul time. Disassemble and inspect.  My 460 had piston skirts off several pistons in the pan when I overhauled it. 

I'll still be the optimistic one and say if the bearings look good (original probably) and it had moderate oil pressure, that a basic inframe job might last just dandy for your intentions.   Although we don't know your intentions, I  myself doubt your going to tackle 10,000 acre crop farming with this tractor or anything anytime soon anyway. 

2 hours ago, stronger800 said:

I'll still be the optimistic one and say if the bearings look good (original probably) and it had moderate oil pressure, that a basic inframe job might last just dandy for your intentions.   Although we don't know your intentions, I  myself doubt your going to tackle 10,000 acre crop farming with this tractor or anything anytime soon anyway. 

I'm with u for sure. I bought this tractor  for $900 with the intentions of using it to move wagons around the farm and maybe pull a hay rake on occasion. I would guess 40 hours of operation a year would be a stretch. If it was one of the main tractors I wouldn't be asking any of these questions  it would be getting the works .

X2.  I have an economy hay wagon yard mover tractor too.  We do 25-30k small square bales, it moves most of the wagons into and out of the buildings.....on <20g of diesel a year. You would have to rake a lot to even hit 40 hr. with a extra little rig like that.  I started tracking fuel use on my little tractor when my father pointed out that it likely didn't need a set of $40 fuel filters every year like the rest of the machines get.