Sign in to follow this  
Nebraska1206

This happened yesterday

So I added another project to the fleet.  1456 that the owner tore down after fuel got in the oil and spun a rod bearing.  He knew what it'd take to fix, and couldn't justify the $$ in a tractor he barely used.  However, he didn't want to really see it get salvaged out either, so, we struck a deal.  I'll fix it, then I'll sell it as a complete running tractor, which he was perfectly okay with that idea.

It'll give me something to work on at the shop on the weekends 😉

IMG_20200104_150459951_HDR.jpg

• Like 9

well that looks like a great project and a cab to boot - i just noticed you are around norfolk, a good friend of mine runs a business there in downtown norfolk called Health Works, his name is Maynard. 

Only about 10 behind Long farms now.....lol

• Haha 2

Glad to see you save it, I've been seeing alot of great tractors get parted out to sell parts to guys with not as nice tractors as the parts tractor, seen a 1456 in great shape with an icb cab on advertised to go under the chopping block, guys want big bucks for em and when they dont sell emediatly they part em out

• Like 2

I saw a 1466 recently at the salvage yard that wouldn't stop because the release bearing seized up and took off the pressure plate fingers. Thankfully I know someone who saved it. Ran great and no other issues. 

3 hours ago, Nebraska1206 said:

So I added another project to the fleet.  1456 that the owner tore down after fuel got in the oil and spun a rod bearing.  He knew what it'd take to fix, and couldn't justify the $$ in a tractor he barely used.  However, he didn't want to really see it get salvaged out either, so, we struck a deal.  I'll fix it, then I'll sell it as a complete running tractor, which he was perfectly okay with that idea.

It'll give me something to work on at the shop on the weekends 😉

IMG_20200104_150459951_HDR.jpg

Good save! Looks like the head may have been gone through at one time since the paint's gone. Been in a cooker. 

Just not a tractor thats being parted out anymore. Any idea how you want to set it up?

• Like 1

Good for you 👈👍🏿

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Long Farms said:

Just not a tractor thats being parted out anymore. Any idea how you want to set it up?

Since I don't plan on keeping it, it's pretty much going to stay the way it is.  Only thing that may change is the 11.00-16's may get taken off and saved, since there's 3 tractors already with that size on the farm, but no spares.  There's several 10.00-16's that'll take their place.  I'd take the cab off for the right situation, but for now it'll stay there.

6 hours ago, FarmerFixEmUp said:

Good save! Looks like the head may have been gone through at one time since the paint's gone. Been in a cooker. 

One would think so, but I also overheard his boy saying how it loved its nose candy in a can on 50 degree days, so the head is going to get redone, looks to me like it needs seats and valves