Jump to content
FARMALL FIXER

Farmall Super C Diesel from an article in Farm Show magazine

Recommended Posts

Never heard of this before , some interesting versions of Farmalls overseas . Would like to see it come to the show at Huron , SD this year to give it a look over .

resize.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would be interested in the fuel usage compared to a gas version ! I run a super c for my berries and some corn cultivation !

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SJH said:

I would be interested in the fuel usage compared to a gas version ! I run a super c for my berries and some corn cultivation !

 

I bet it would be very fuel efficient 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw an FCD in Lima and then again (same one I think) at a show at the Gilmore Car Museum in Hickory Corners, MI a few years later.  The additional lighting required to operate on European roads was interesting.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

assume we are talking french & spanish version... where there were other interesting models also?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, mmi said:

assume we are talking french & spanish version... where there were other interesting models also?

Yes this was a French version that was purchased and shipped to the person in the Farm Show article and the buyer restored it .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, FARMALL FIXER said:

Never heard of this before , some interesting versions of Farmalls overseas . Would like to see it come to the show at Huron , SD this year to give it a look over .

resize.jpeg

John Boyens from Bettendorf, Iowa. He had that tractor @ 2009 RPRU in Madison. Neat little Diesel!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder of anyone ever put a 504 diesel in a 230 200 or c? That would be neat

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Rusty shackleford said:

I wonder of anyone ever put a 504 diesel in a 230 200 or c? That would be neat

 

Bellhousing is different. Easiest way might be to make a different center tube between the engine and transmission

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys I haven't got a Farm Show since fall.  Did one come recently?  Wonder if I missed the renewal?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did the elvesteden tocht in Netherlands last June. it is a yearly event and it is a 2 day 300 km with around 300 antique tractors participating.

There was a farmal super c diesel on the tour there . It was french made and the information I got on it was that it was a truoble some engine and never went over  very well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TroyDairy said:

Hey guys I haven't got a Farm Show since fall.  Did one come recently?  Wonder if I missed the renewal?

I was looking thru an old issue  from back in 2014 and came across this , I didnt remember seeing it .

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Made one of the greatest tractors of all time even better

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, 560Dennis said:

Made one of the greatest tractors of all time even better

may neighbor has a C, not super C and he fabricated a 3 point on his and uses it for everything - he retired his N fords and uses his C now. 

He fabricated/ran a long rod/bar from the lift unit back to the rear of the tractor to operate the 3 point. works pretty slick, i helped him dig post holes with it a month or so ago. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...