FARMALL FIXER

Farmall Super C Diesel from an article in Farm Show magazine

Never heard of this before , some interesting versions of Farmalls overseas . Would like to see it come to the show at Huron , SD this year to give it a look over .

resize.jpeg

I would be interested in the fuel usage compared to a gas version ! I run a super c for my berries and some corn cultivation !

5 hours ago, SJH said:

I would be interested in the fuel usage compared to a gas version ! I run a super c for my berries and some corn cultivation !

I bet it would be very fuel efficient 

Saw an FCD in Lima and then again (same one I think) at a show at the Gilmore Car Museum in Hickory Corners, MI a few years later.  The additional lighting required to operate on European roads was interesting.

• Like 2

assume we are talking french & spanish version... where there were other interesting models also?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mmi said:

assume we are talking french & spanish version... where there were other interesting models also?

Yes this was a French version that was purchased and shipped to the person in the Farm Show article and the buyer restored it .

17 hours ago, FARMALL FIXER said:

Never heard of this before , some interesting versions of Farmalls overseas . Would like to see it come to the show at Huron , SD this year to give it a look over .

resize.jpeg

John Boyens from Bettendorf, Iowa. He had that tractor @ 2009 RPRU in Madison. Neat little Diesel!

• Like 3

I wonder of anyone ever put a 504 diesel in a 230 200 or c? That would be neat

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Rusty shackleford said:

I wonder of anyone ever put a 504 diesel in a 230 200 or c? That would be neat

Bellhousing is different. Easiest way might be to make a different center tube between the engine and transmission

Hey guys I haven't got a Farm Show since fall.  Did one come recently?  Wonder if I missed the renewal?

Did the elvesteden tocht in Netherlands last June. it is a yearly event and it is a 2 day 300 km with around 300 antique tractors participating.

There was a farmal super c diesel on the tour there . It was french made and the information I got on it was that it was a truoble some engine and never went over  very well.

1 hour ago, TroyDairy said:

Hey guys I haven't got a Farm Show since fall.  Did one come recently?  Wonder if I missed the renewal?

I was looking thru an old issue  from back in 2014 and came across this , I didnt remember seeing it .

• Haha 1

Made one of the greatest tractors of all time even better

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 560Dennis said:

Made one of the greatest tractors of all time even better

may neighbor has a C, not super C and he fabricated a 3 point on his and uses it for everything - he retired his N fords and uses his C now. 

He fabricated/ran a long rod/bar from the lift unit back to the rear of the tractor to operate the 3 point. works pretty slick, i helped him dig post holes with it a month or so ago.