Sign in to follow this  
jturbo10

1966 Loadstar 1600 brake parts

I'm restoring my 1966 Loadstar 1600 grain truck and need some brake parts to finish restoration.  The truck has a 304 V8, hydraulic brakes with a hydrovac booster, 4 speed manual, 2 speed rear end, with dual hoists.  I need the brake hose that goes from the hydrovac to the frame tee fitting ( part # 891-763-r91...code 04011); also need the tee fitting that splits the brake fluid to the front and rear.  the brass fitting has four inputs/outputs holes.  The hydrovac hose connects to the tee fitting, two brakes lines attach, and the fourth is for the brake light sensor.  Would appreciate and OEM, NOS, or serviceable parts or advise on parts sites that may carry these items.  I especially need the tee fitting and there should be plenty out there in salvage trucks as that is not a wear item.  Unfortunately my helper twisted off the hydrovac input ruining my tee.  Stuff happens when trying to restore these old Binders.  Thanks for any help.  My email is jturbo10@aol.com and text/call me at 903-721-4771.  Happy New Year. 

119.JPG

116.JPG

• Like 1

Nice Truck, The Guy's Oh well.   Try NAPA get in there books

I had to have the same hose for my 71 1600 and had to have it made using the end that attached to the t-block. You will have to find someone in your area that makes break hoses and have it done. I looked every where dealer laughed when asked for parts for truck that old . Load Star .com said they had one but did not NAPA was no help we have no parts men left in the parts business any more just sales persons. Good luck.

Here is a google link to your part number search,,, just a tip when searching always best to remove the hyphens 891763r91

891763r91 - Google Search

• Like 1

On the hose, I think you have two options. The first would be to get one made by whoever specializes in industrial hoses in your area. The second option would be to find an old Wagner book, and find a Wagner part number. From there you should be able to get somewhere in the modern parts store computers. I did look and mine doesn’t cover anything as big as a Loadstar. Also try checking with a truck brake supply, that’s here I got my parts when I did a brake job on a Loadstar about 10 years ago.