Lazy WP

Dog toys

My dog is a bit tough on squeaky toys. She used to love her black and white cows from Orschelns, but her last one only lasted a week. Got her a Hippo from Cabelas and she stripped its clothes off in 4 days. 
she is a full blown Hangin Tree and only gets to chase real cows once a day. 
Any ideas for a good toy?

For out side an empty 1 gallon rinsed out antifreeze jug.  They don't seem to like the 1 gallon milk jugs as well. After a couple of weeks or so they get thrown away.

But keep the full jugs up so they can;t get at them or the full ones will be out in the middle of the yard.

Antelope horn. 

The last one we had lasted about three years of Gus and Cash. Way longer than deer antlers. Not really a toy but it kept them entertained.

My dog tears them up in an hour or less. I haven't found anything good. He had a favorite stick he carried around everywhere for months.  He kept it by the back door. I let him bring it in once because he kinda frets if he doesn't know where it is. Well he chewed it up too. Give him a tennis ball and he pulls the skin off and tears into bits. I haven't found anything.  He has plenty of tore up toys to play with. I very seldom buy them now.

My dog tears them up in an hour or less. I haven't found anything good. He had a favorite stick he carried around everywhere for months.  He kept it by the back door. I let him bring it in once because he kinda frets if he doesn't know where it is. Well he chewed it up too. Give him a tennis ball and he pulls the skin off and tears into bits. I haven't found anything.  He has plenty of tore up toys to play with. I very seldom buy them now.

Cowdog.

I'd say a truck tire might last.

I used one of those plastic lids off a 55 gallon drum for a Frisbee. He didn't kill that. Didn't wear him out either.

I had a cowdog who was a real cribber. Shredded any wood he could get his mouth on. Had to put a steel grain bin door on the doghouse.

My rat terrier has had good luck with Kong toys.  Her current favorite is a Nerf Dog football.  She can't tear it up, she has tried!  Any cloth based, thin plastic or rubber, or tennis balls are all quickly turned into garbage......

Our Lucy dog would pull disposable razors from the trash and chew them up.  She liked chewing on the SS blade end.  Never understood why she did not seriously cut her gums or mouth.

Vet said she was just bored.

Neighborhood cats work for mine...

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, Cool1566 said:

Neighborhood cats work for mine...

Self propelled squeeky toys???

Mike

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

We have these by the hundreds (used milker inflation)

IMG_20200104_182347551.jpg

IMG_20200104_182430597.jpg

• Like 3

EEAC2F1B-CA02-448C-903B-8601093853A5.thumb.jpeg.9d815cbe541e9f2c859d4893eba6588f.jpegOn the left is a beyond bone.  This is my dogs 3 rd one in 4 years.  I have to get them on amazon because no local stores carry them.   She likes this deer horn also.  I use Kong flier frisbees because she will destroy regular frisbees.  My dog is a border collie australian Shepard cross with no cows to herd.  

• Like 1

Our greyhounds used to bring home the odd fox to chew on. They liked the big hip joint balls from a cow, too.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, bitty said:

My dogs always had them, a friend saved them for us, also have 2 that we use to set the Hydrometer in when boiling syrup 

• Like 2

Nylabone makes a good tough Frisbee. Had a border collie that couldn't destroy it in 7 years. She would go through most things pretty quick. It was flexible and I think that was something she liked about. She could twist it, and fold it between her feet while chewing on it. They also have bone shaped as in knuckle and hip joint shaped chew toys,flavored stuff, etc. Kong makes tough stuff too. 

• Like 1

I can fix you up with a length of fire hose for the shipping. Also useful for protecting against sharp edges when using ratchet straps 

• Like 1

Yeah, I learned any dog will destroy a regular frisbee quickly; you need a dog frisbee.

Have a 10 month old chocolate lab, destroys about everything except this. Believe they call it a jolley ball for horses. Bought him a nice dog pillow for Christmas. Three days later was in the trash. 

20200105_164518.jpg

On 1/4/2020 at 11:27 PM, bitty said:

Derby used to use these. Never destroyed one.

An old welly (he never stole a good one). Or a 5 gallin can . Would run round for hours rubbing it on gravel.

Posted (edited)

FB_IMG_1578299457742.jpg.7d3adc4fc389fc1d61648cadf81c930c.jpgDerby and 5 gallon can.

Car 1991 Ford Sierra tractor 584.

FB_IMG_1578299463250.jpg.296bf079ea7e3464c66385c113ed2d02.jpgFB_IMG_1578299470541.jpg.fb3b3eca90745da544696c039994c478.jpgDerby.FB_IMG_1578299474568.jpg.e946b75679a5fc24fadf9e988ecdb800.jpgFox hound pup. Ballboy. This hound developed a  penchant for rat poison.

After a blood transfusion bag of saline and emptued Pembroke town. (Vets and chemists) of vitamin K survived.

Still like rat poiaon though, so was returned to kennels PDQ.FB_IMG_1578299479081.jpg.f826dcc46f05492a3b1b4b00e7f08680.jpgFox hound pup Woodbine. This hound was a darn nuisance.  She would take Derby's toys and drop them in the slurry pit. And ateal anyrhinf and everthing. Boota gloves tools, screwdrivers scanners! Anything  ahe went back relatively quickly too.FB_IMG_1578299484906.jpg.c76ac56559fe69dffdefbb61cd4b8619.jpgAnother photo of Derby. He had one functioning eye due to a detached retina and a floppy ear from arguing with a cow.  He would herd any animal including sows with a litter but not a cow with calf.

Edited by Pid 1831
typing errors.