lorenzo

A tip for ya

Buy stock in the Ring .

That doorbell is catching more criminals then anyone imagined . 

Stores around here can’t keep em in stock there selling so fast . 

• Like 1

Ring is a privately held company, otherwise i would .

I read somewhere they were on Shark Tank show. Didn’t make a deal but the exposure helped them. They grew the company and just recently sold it to Amazon for one billion.

1 hour ago, from H to 80 said:

Ring is a privately held company, otherwise i would .

Is it a no subscription outfit  or a monthly fee like ADT?

I think I read they're being hacked into. Whatever it was they're getting some bad publicity right now. Probably wont effect them much.  Videos i have seen you cant hardly make out. 

Neighbor has ring spotlight camera. They don’t get the license plate well but they do have a clear picture up to 3 to 400 ft. These are motion light cameras

2 hours ago, redneckhippie said:

I think I read they're being hacked into. Whatever it was they're getting some bad publicity right now. Probably wont effect them much.  Videos i have seen you cant hardly make out. 

Keep a guy that looks like this on your porch, no need to worry about hackers or thieves! Although it might be hard to convince the delivery guy to drop off a package!!

IMG_1866.thumb.JPG.2153bd2bf5cd2a9397cdeb6b9d36c2b1.JPG

P.S. for those of you that are concerned, it looks a lot worse than it is. He got into a territory fight with the neighbors dog( theirs crossed the road into our yard). The tip of his ear got bit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Farmerboy72 said:

P.S. for those of you that are concerned, it looks a lot worse than it is. He got into a territory fight with the neighbors dog( theirs crossed the road into our yard). The tip of his ear got bit.

Holy crap, glad you explained. He don't look very happy. Ears do bleed a lot. I have had hounds all my life (lotta ear). Seen a lot of blood lost this way. Glad the big guy is OK.

He looks like he would enjoy a bone like this😁

1681185738_dogleg.jpg.790ebd87a80c625edd2f52f13a27ac22.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

He held his own, gonna be sore for few days. Jake is twelve years old and the neighbors (Ozzie) is only a year or so. By the way I seen Ozzie run back home, I don't think we will be seeing him too soon!

• Like 2

yes there is a cost for RING and caching the video for a fee to the cloud, you can get wyze cameras at target/amazon etc.....and you can either record to an SD card or they give free streaming to the cloud for 2 weeks then it gets wiped, they are great cameras only drawback is they do not have an app for your computer its only a phone driven app - you see the videos instantly if they detect something OR you can monitor from your phone as desired. 

wyze also makes a motorized camera you can use to scan an area as well from the phone, i am not as familiar with ring products other than stationary units and their doorbell cams. 

• Like 1

Just installed my first Ring camera yesterday. Think I will order a couple more. Picture quality is very good

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Farmerboy72 said:

Keep a guy that looks like this on your porch, no need to worry about hackers or thieves! Although it might be hard to convince the delivery guy to drop off a package!!

IMG_1866.thumb.JPG.2153bd2bf5cd2a9397cdeb6b9d36c2b1.JPG

Delivery guy would'nt get out of his car until I came out. I doubt my dogs would bite anyone when I'm home but I have several dog and no trespassing signs. 

oh heck almost forgot, the wyze cameras are 2 way - you can also get one that pans the room, and you can talk to someone there in the room from the phone app just like the ring door cam, my buddy at work uses them to talk to his dogs at home during the day and his roommate etc....

they are HD 1080P cameras and also have night vision - 25 bucks for the plain cam, 35 for the pan cam, but you can find them for less if you do your shopping and like i said the cloud storage is free too so a great deal 

The church's preschool has had trouble with homeless and neighborhood kids. My daughter is the director and has her phone as first notification. The model there you can hear the people talking if they are talking. But you can talk back to them through the camera. The kids had quit the "what the heck" look the first few time she talked to them.

Not long after the first camera was working,they had a mother that had lost custody of her child walk in and the 3 or 4 year old that had not seen her for a month or better ran up to her. She pushed past on teacher went out the door and drove away with child. The camera had good pictures of her and the car police where very happy. With picture of car they had her in custody in less than 6 hours.

So more camera's and the main gate now has a keypad and you need a code to get in,or staff lets you in other lock gates.