Need help. TD-6 with  Drott loader bucket add says bad transmission, don't know what's wrong. What needs to be done to drag onto rollback truck ? Or do we just drag it. Thank you for any help/info

Does it run?  If so start it and raise the bucket.  Pull back both steering levers.  If the steer clutches are not froze up it should roll pretty easily and none of the trans components will be turning.  If one or both clutches are froze it could be a tough pull.  Not much to go on so far.  Not sure what the weight is but hope rollback truck has a healthy winch.

Dennis

Thanks don't know going tomorrow to have a in person look talk to owner you can only see so much i pictures and quick text back an forth that's what you get from Facebook marketplace. Years ago my boss sent me to Alabama to get 50's model D-7 just load and go nope.right track seperated and off got it back on only to find out steering clutches bad for that side where there is  a will there is away to get things loaded 

IF your rollback is hydraulic powered winch,--dont bother hooking on to it!----Trust me, they wont skid a dead 6! ---Better have a big pusher on the other end to help! --- If its been sitting very long, tracks could be stuck as well. ---- THEN the real fun starts!  

The guy that hauled my 9 to the junkyard found out how hard is is to dead-skid these things! lol!!!

Thanks  just got finished texting the owner been sitting about 10 years was still moving trans still works just not all five gears wish it was closer  to the house rather than 1 1/2 hour away take stock see what it will take to get running

IF it would start and run just long enough to help load itself your winch should get it on without any problem! ---It's the stuck track/bucket down/dead thingy that makes for the major problems of loading them! lol!! Good luck on your trip!

• 3 months later...

heavy duty hydraulic jack 12 ton should work. raise bucket and CHAIN no tie strap to the ROP in front. My roll back tow driver pulled my TD6 on to the bed. tie clutch arms all the way back and it might break loose with the tow. Loaded mine back wards because that was the only way. 8400 pounds with blade attached. Have picture but don't know how to attach.