pt756

honda atv milaege

5 hours ago, kub3130 said:

Are the new ranchers still this good?

I cant speak for the ranchers but we are running all foreman 500's at work now. Well theres one crap am left but it doesn't leave the shed now. We got 2 foot shifts and 4 elec shifts. Only issues is the fuel pump quit on both 2012's a few years back. They had about 9-10000 kms when it happened. Otherwise those things have been excellent. Except the newer ones dont have the screen in front of the rad like they always have so we had to add one otherwise they would plug up in a couple days and start running warm. The older ones never needed to be cleaned out all year.

We're averaging 2500-3000 km/ year/ quad. We stick with the foreman's because of the straight axle. 75 percent of the time is pulling and half of that is mowing so putting along 3 mph all day. Our job is hard on quads, and so far honda is the only one that will last more than a couple years trouble free. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, db1486 said:

We stick with the foreman's because of the straight axle. 75 percent of the time is pulling and half of that is mowing so putting along 3 mph all day.

I sure understand that. My situation is a bit different in that I am running pretty good clip through pastures and the IRS on my '15 Rubicon is light years ahead of my old straight axle Rancher. Real nice ride. I think I only have about 4K on it since I run the Polaris Ranger most of the time. But the Rubicon has been trouble free. 

4 hours ago, sandhiller said:

I sure understand that. My situation is a bit different in that I am running pretty good clip through pastures and the IRS on my '15 Rubicon is light years ahead of my old straight axle Rancher. Real nice ride. I think I only have about 4K on it since I run the Polaris Ranger most of the time. But the Rubicon has been trouble free. 

I've been looking for another Rubicon for the farm but I'm undecided if I want to but a new one or not. I've had such good luck with my 08 I wouldn't mind another one that style. It'll go 85 km/h which is plenty fast enough and honestly it is a nice ride. Twice the ride as the foreman's. But IRS would be nice

• Like 1

3 hours ago, db1486 said:

I've been looking for another Rubicon for the farm but I'm undecided if I want to but a new one or not. I've had such good luck with my 08 I wouldn't mind another one that style. It'll go 85 km/h which is plenty fast enough and honestly it is a nice ride. Twice the ride as the foreman's. But IRS would be nice

The Rubicon has my stamp of approval. I even like the auto shift. I sometimes lock it out and go to electric shift when I want to control what gear I'm in but 99% of the time I let if shift itself. My landlord used to ride Polaris and after seeing my new Rubicon went out and bought one. Best decision she ever made in her opinion. 

• Like 1

My 87’ Fat Cat has the original front tire on it. No hour or odometer no problem. 

41 minutes ago, Sledgehammer said:

My 87’ Fat Cat has the original front tire on it. No hour or odometer no problem. 

Well, when you're always riding wheelies your front tire don't get the wear😁😂😀

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, sandhiller said:

Well, when you're always riding wheelies your front tire don't get the wear😁😂😀

How did you know? 😂

Being low slung like it is, with the engine a little farther forward of the seat it won’t pack the front end at all which is fine by me. I’m no Super Dave Osbourne. 

• Haha 1

looks like I am a slacker cause my 2000 honda foremen 450 es

only has 1573 miles and 389.2 hours.  

i put 24K on my 1970ish kawasaki 100cc 2 stroke - it had the dual range hi/low trans - tree grabbed the speedo cable that went to the front hub so not sure how many miles it had after that - i drove it several yrs with it broken, finally got so low on compression i had to push start it - every mile on that bike was hard!!!! it didnt have much power so I always ran it wide open - ran my traps, drove it to all the farmers i worked for, had a milk crate strapped to the back for my lunch, tools/traps/critters or tackle boxes - it was a cold ride in the winter running traps but when thats all u had.........it ran a long way on 2 gallons of gas

I put Polaris below Honda a ways but.... I have a '16 Ranger XP900 with 9175 miles and 1505 hrs. It's been pretty trouble free and still on original belt. It gets used but not abused. I treat it like a machine that cost way to much to buy new. It has kept miles off my pickups in the pasture. 

Sorry bout going off topic, just felt I needed to say something nice about Polaris. 

IMG_20170511_104756559.jpg.b6033b8c609d39dcc01a97a0b51f76a5.jpg

I run it pretty much every day. Caking cows with it now mostly. I really like the visibility for calving cows out in the rough hills. 

caker.thumb.jpg.c9ce129bfd0ea0c379917ef7bf2cf70c.jpg

Scored a set of used hard doors with electric windows and with the good heater it has, it is a true all weather machine. 

531191081_harddoors.thumb.jpg.1abd4ec522ea271cabde4903ed60c6a1.jpg

1 hour ago, sandhiller said:

I put Polaris below Honda a ways but.... I have a '16 Ranger XP900 with 9175 miles and 1505 hrs. It's been pretty trouble free and still on original belt. It gets used but not abused. I treat it like a machine that cost way to much to buy new. It has kept miles off my pickups in the pasture. 

Sorry bout going off topic, just felt I needed to say something nice about Polaris. 

I run it pretty much every day. Caking cows with it now mostly. I really like the visibility for calving cows out in the rough hills. 

Scored a set of used hard doors with electric windows and with the good heater it has, it is a true all weather machine. 

We got the exact same machine at work except it is green. Awesome unit. Does it's fair share of pulling as well. Only difference is our doors have the flip out mirrors. A little too finicky but they work. We run tracks on it in the winter pulling a trail groomer, so it has a hard life. Gets a new belt every year before winter. Right around 10000 miles now and its starting to have some issues, but it's all hard miles. Hopefully get a few more years out of it

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sandhiller said:

I'm glad the ranger works good for you, they are handy machines. The farm had one but it was an 800 and I heard numerous people say that engine had problems. It didn't help that everybody and any body used and abused it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TractormanMike.mb said:

I'm glad the ranger works good for you, they are handy machines. The farm had one but it was an 800 and I heard numerous people say that engine had problems. It didn't help that everybody and any body used and abused it.

I don't think they stand up to abuse as well as a 4 wheeler. But if used with common sense you can get a lot out of them.