Sign in to follow this  
bitty

75lb IH weights

26 minutes ago, Bdse25 said:

Stayed til after 8 pm for the 18.4-38 duals and hubs off a 1206 in the last row..... and went home empty handed.  Eh well that’s the way it goes.  I agree most everything went high.  Especially with proxibid there just Arnt good deals anymore

What did they bring, figured to much.  I usually look at the results after it's over, didn't even bother this time.  Lots of Internet buyers when I was watching.  

11 minutes ago, oldtanker said:

So I guess you guys are right. The fast hitch was much better and saved IH from going bankrupt!

Rick

Lol   Calm down Rick,  

im pretty sure lots of guys share your thoughts regarding  the fast hitch but 

Saved IH from bankrupt?   Probably not, 

Are there lots of fast hitch implements still  around?  

Yes .  Your not seeing it because your not looking for it .

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, lorenzo said:

Lol   Calm down Rick,  

im pretty sure lots of guys share your thoughts regarding  the fast hitch but 

Saved IH from bankrupt?   Probably not, 

Are there lots of fast hitch implements still  around?  

Yes .  Your not seeing it because your not looking for it .

After you factor out the farm store crap that needs to come with a torch and welder I see more used fast hitch for sale than quality cat 1 3 pt equipment for sale... 

Yes you can get brand new cat one at the farm store but unless their metalurgy has improved they are junk.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, TP from Central PA said:

What did they bring, figured to much.  I usually look at the results after it's over, didn't even bother this time.  Lots of Internet buyers when I was watching.  

Well they kinda screwed me,  they had the hubs tagged and the duals tagged separate so I was just lookin to buy the hubs.  (Clean M&W 3.25 inch).  Didn’t need the tires.  The ended up selling them together though for $700 I believe 

11 hours ago, bitty said:

As long as there reasonable buy them.....

We got another golf cart for feeding calves , cheap manure pump, and another snowplow in nice shape along with a few other small things

Now before I buy these, these ARE for H/M/300/350 arent they?

81418900_3084359361592307_3932550121543172096_o.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_ohc=m1RrGDn_dpAAQmoLtSZMuJU5ebSUP4Cjl5ayMMSgt14Qts5piQaH1mZxQ&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&oh=75e2eea12106f95d61813396b6fa5042&oe=5E65F56E

46 minutes ago, Bdse25 said:

Well they kinda screwed me,  they had the hubs tagged and the duals tagged separate so I was just lookin to buy the hubs.  (Clean M&W 3.25 inch).  Didn’t need the tires.  The ended up selling them together though for $700 I believe 

Wow! Glad I bought an extra set with a tractor I got in Iowa for next to nothing.  

1 hour ago, MTO said:

Now before I buy these, these ARE for H/M/300/350 arent they?

81418900_3084359361592307_3932550121543172096_o.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_ohc=m1RrGDn_dpAAQmoLtSZMuJU5ebSUP4Cjl5ayMMSgt14Qts5piQaH1mZxQ&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&oh=75e2eea12106f95d61813396b6fa5042&oe=5E65F56E

300/350/400/450 for sure. Not sure they bolt on to an H or M, never seen them bolted on to an H or M. The later Super H, Super M and SM-TA they fit too, have to have the recessed mounting holes in the corners of the front bolster.

I have a 400 we can test fit them on....i also am still waiting for a Christmas present from the east. 😁

• Haha 1

TANKER - You normally research your posts more carefully. Your comment about having  a "KEWANEE 4 BOTTOM PLOW". Impossible! I grew up 20 miles from Kewanee, Illinois, where Kewanee Conveyor & Equipment was located. Lots and lots of Kewanee equipment around home, but not a single solitary plow anywhere! They made disks and other tillage equipment in later years, no plows. Made a L-O-T of disks, fairly good disks in fact.  Made all kinds of elevators, still highly sought after, disassemble them and stack one section on top of another, couple welds to hold them together and they make great cattle feed bunks, very heavy galvanizing on them, survive the wear and corrosive environment well.  The inside bucket elevator in the corn crib on the farm I grew up on was a Kewanee. Great when it worked. Dad, Grandpa, and I worked two full days getting the chain tracking right when it jumped the drive sprocket clear up in the cupola on top of the crib. Grandpa made one trip up a day, and one trip down at Beer-Thirty, Dad would make several, 2-3, maybe 4 if I couldn't find the tool he wanted.  I'd make 10-12 trips a day easy. Nice thing about the inside elevator was in about 5 minutes you were ready to elevate 8000-10,000 bushel of ear corn. Dribble a little oil on the link chains.

Dad got three fast hitch implements on the truck load his 450 was delivered with, 4F-43 4-14 mounted plow, #25 rotary mower/chopper, extra set of Fast-Hitch points to convert rear cultivator section to FH. Bought a Fast Hitch 6 ft Service brand rear blade at a farm sale 7-8 months later. Fast Hitch wasn't as popular as AC's Snap-Coupler around home, lots of WD-45's and D-17's with Snap-Coupler, but there were NO Case Eagle Hitch tractors or implements because there were no Case tractors until the mid-1960's, they had 3-pt hitches. Fast Hitch by the way was available on the 86-series. Deere wanted to produce the IH Fast Hitch for use on their tractors, on the X20 & X30 series 2-cylinders. IH said no and Deere created their own abomination of a hitch that is VERY rare, but they used the 3-pt eventually. I'd post a picture of Deere's version of Fast Hitch was but Google can't find one in the Whole Internet. I've seen one picture of it ever, never seen one in person.

Said it before, We farmed for a lot of years, mostly with pull-type implements, 4 Fast Hitch implements, and several that quickly bolted to the big horseshoe drawbar on the '39 H and/or Super H, things like post hole digger, barbed wire winder.  Even after Dad got the 4010 with a 3 pt hitch we only used it's rockshaft to raise/lower the left side front mounted row Crop cultivator. Never had a semi-mounted plow, rear mounted cultivator, crop sprayer was a 2 wheel cart.

Well, they`re in the trunk of my Focus now. 

Sure made the front end light!

How am I gonna get them out now?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, MTO said:

Sounds like all you have to do is drive over to new guys or iowaboy1965s place and I bet either one of them would unload them for you

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bdse25 said:

Stayed til after 8 pm for the 18.4-38 duals and hubs off a 1206 in the last row..... and went home empty handed.  Eh well that’s the way it goes.  I agree most everything went high.  Especially with proxibid there just Arnt good deals anymore

I watched the 9 bolt 20.8s bring $650 online.  And then $700 you said for the 18.4s.  Guess I will be waiting for a set of 18x38 for the 20.8s that I have sitting here.

5 hours ago, lorenzo said:

Two point fast hitch stuff is all over the place around here . Trip over it at every farm sale there is. 

No big farmer really wants it anymore but it’s still out there .  

Small acreage people buy blades as fast as they show up ,  There  is also a growing number of antique tractor collectors that join together a few times a year for plowing exhibitions , two point drawbars never go cheep ,  

you don’t need a three point to pull a bailer, a rake, hay trailer, barge wagon, irrigation pipe trailer , disc, grain cart, ect... on and on .  

Long story short there’s tons and tons of two point stuff still in use on a daily basis . 

5 hours ago, oldtanker said:

I wonder where they all went? Been living in and out of farm country in several states sense 1971 and I can count the fast hitch implements I have seen in person on one hand. If it sold all that well they should be everywhere???????

Come on, you guys talk about it like the fast hitch was the greatest thing sense toilet paper. If it was that great why didn't other companies copy it when the patent expire? Or why didn't they buy the rights to it from IH? Why didn't they make implements for it? Gee must not have hurt implement sales at all from the other makers? Why did everyone gravitate to the 3 point including IH?

Rick

I messed up and didn't get in the bid fast enough and missed a functional looking balenced head mower for $100. I have two and need a few parts for the one. I passed on the fast hitch blade that was adapted . I did get the Super C cultivators for $20 . 

What Lorenzo is saying about not needing the three point for all that equipment is correct . But to add to that I remember how nice it was to adjust the fasthitch drawbar up or down slightly when tedding or raking hay often. And it was really easy to jockey equipment around not having to use the jacks at all. 

• Like 2

Never said they were perfect or even better than 3 point Rick. Just saying evidence shows that SOME  folks bought fast hitch stuff as it is around. Besides i thought i would yank yer chain a bit and you didnt disappoint. 🙂

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, DOCTOR EVIL said:

TANKER - You normally research your posts more carefully. Your comment about having  a "KEWANEE 4 BOTTOM PLOW". Impossible! I grew up 20 miles from Kewanee, Illinois, where Kewanee Conveyor & Equipment was located. Lots and lots of Kewanee equipment around home, but not a single solitary plow anywhere! They made disks and other tillage equipment in later years, no plows. Made a L-O-T of disks, fairly good disks in fact.  Made all kinds of elevators, still highly sought after, disassemble them and stack one section on top of another, couple welds to hold them together and they make great cattle feed bunks, very heavy galvanizing on them, survive the wear and corrosive environment well.  The inside bucket elevator in the corn crib on the farm I grew up on was a Kewanee. Great when it worked. Dad, Grandpa, and I worked two full days getting the chain tracking right when it jumped the drive sprocket clear up in the cupola on top of the crib. Grandpa made one trip up a day, and one trip down at Beer-Thirty, Dad would make several, 2-3, maybe 4 if I couldn't find the tool he wanted.  I'd make 10-12 trips a day easy. Nice thing about the inside elevator was in about 5 minutes you were ready to elevate 8000-10,000 bushel of ear corn. Dribble a little oil on the link chains.

Dad got three fast hitch implements on the truck load his 450 was delivered with, 4F-43 4-14 mounted plow, #25 rotary mower/chopper, extra set of Fast-Hitch points to convert rear cultivator section to FH. Bought a Fast Hitch 6 ft Service brand rear blade at a farm sale 7-8 months later. Fast Hitch wasn't as popular as AC's Snap-Coupler around home, lots of WD-45's and D-17's with Snap-Coupler, but there were NO Case Eagle Hitch tractors or implements because there were no Case tractors until the mid-1960's, they had 3-pt hitches. Fast Hitch by the way was available on the 86-series. Deere wanted to produce the IH Fast Hitch for use on their tractors, on the X20 & X30 series 2-cylinders. IH said no and Deere created their own abomination of a hitch that is VERY rare, but they used the 3-pt eventually. I'd post a picture of Deere's version of Fast Hitch was but Google can't find one in the Whole Internet. I've seen one picture of it ever, never seen one in person.

Said it before, We farmed for a lot of years, mostly with pull-type implements, 4 Fast Hitch implements, and several that quickly bolted to the big horseshoe drawbar on the '39 H and/or Super H, things like post hole digger, barbed wire winder.  Even after Dad got the 4010 with a 3 pt hitch we only used it's rockshaft to raise/lower the left side front mounted row Crop cultivator. Never had a semi-mounted plow, rear mounted cultivator, crop sprayer was a 2 wheel cart.

You are correct. I called my brother in law. It was a Melroe. Was a long time ago when I helped them plow with that one. Still wonder how that ole fast hitch got dropped like a rotten tomato if it was so great. 

1 hour ago, iowaboy1965 said:

Never said they were perfect or even better than 3 point Rick. Just saying evidence shows that SOME  folks bought fast hitch stuff as it is around. Besides i thought i would yank yer chain a bit and you didnt disappoint. 🙂

LOL it's never a problem. The evidence is in. The 3 point is still being made today. Now who was it that was making the fast hitch? OH yea, that company that went bankrupt in 1985! I love messing with you guys about the hitches.

Rick 

Rick I am not 100% sure if it was a 2000 or an 8N etc but it said 2000 on the hood 

8 hours ago, MTO said:

Tip the car over with your skidsteer, they’ll fall right out. Easy peasy....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/2/2020 at 3:24 PM, oldtanker said:

Now who was it that was making the fast hitch? OH yea, that company that went bankrupt in 1985! I love messing with you guys about the hitches.

Rick 

WRONG AGAIN RICK!  IH did NOT go bankrupt. The ag group got bought up by Tennaco and merged with J.I.Case, for about two years CaseIH sold a Case tractor painted red while all the machine tools were moved out of the FARMALL Plant and into an existing building Case had just outside Racine, Wis,  actually in Sturdevant I think, so they could build the Magnum series of tractors, of mostly IH design.

The construction plants, half of Melrose Park plant,  was sold to Dresser Industries, built bull dozers, and Libertyville, Illinois where they built the rest of the construction equipment. The other Half of Melrose Park stayed a Navistar Plant building 6 cylinder diesel engines. Solar Turbine sold to CAT in 1981 and CAT sold it to SUNDSTRAND in 1985. Company now employes 8000 people. The truck group had to change it's name from International Harvester to Navistar. And interesting fact, the 7.3L diesel engine built at IH's old Indianapolis Plant and shipped to Louisville Ford Truck plant in my '96 F-250 also says NAVISTAR on the data plate. Lots of the old IH ag plants were closed and torn down.  Most of Farmall is gone, ALL of the East Moline plant was gone summer of 2006.  

And AGAIN, INTERNATIONAL HARVESTER DID NOT GO BANKRUPT.

• Like 2

On 1/2/2020 at 11:51 AM, MTO said:

Just the side frame weights?  Don't they only weigh 42 or 45# each?  I know the frt wheel weights were 42# each.  That's why Dad welded up a front weight bracket for the 450 Farmall that held two 145# rear wheel weights and two 50# scale weights, and the bracket itself weighed over 100#.

On 1/2/2020 at 12:51 PM, MTO said:

Stop by and I can unload them at my house. I have a set for the 450 but not the 400 yet :)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DOCTOR EVIL said:

WRONG AGAIN RICK!  IH did NOT go bankrupt. The ag group got bought up by Tennaco and merged with J.I.Case, for about two years CaseIH sold a Case tractor painted red while all the machine tools were moved out of the FARMALL Plant and into an existing building Case had just outside Racine, Wis,  actually in Sturdevant I think, so they could build the Magnum series of tractors, of mostly IH design.

The construction plants, half of Melrose Park plant,  was sold to Dresser Industries, built bull dozers, and Libertyville, Illinois where they built the rest of the construction equipment. The other Half of Melrose Park stayed a Navistar Plant building 6 cylinder diesel engines. Solar Turbine sold to CAT in 1981 and CAT sold it to SUNDSTRAND in 1985. Company now employes 8000 people. The truck group had to change it's name from International Harvester to Navistar. And interesting fact, the 7.3L diesel engine built at IH's old Indianapolis Plant and shipped to Louisville Ford Truck plant in my '96 F-250 also says NAVISTAR on the data plate. Lots of the old IH ag plants were closed and torn down.  Most of Farmall is gone, ALL of the East Moline plant was gone summer of 2006.  

And AGAIN, INTERNATIONAL HARVESTER DID NOT GO BANKRUPT.

OK IH FAILED!

Rick

35 minutes ago, oldtanker said:

OK IH FAILED!

Rick

Ford(newholland) is owned by the same company that owns the former AG division of IH and all of Case so I can assume that Ford (who marketed the 3 PT that Harry Ferguson designed) Failed also? ????? 

1 minute ago, bitty said:

Ford(newholland) is owned by the same company that owns the former AG division of IH and all of Case so I can assume that Ford (who marketed the 3 PT that Harry Ferguson designed) Failed also? ????? 

No actually Ford got out of the tractor business and their name was off of it BEFORE NH got bought out 🤣. But Ford is still HERE.🤣

Rick

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, DOCTOR EVIL said:

Just the side frame weights?  Don't they only weigh 42 or 45# each?  I know the frt wheel weights were 42# each.  That's why Dad welded up a front weight bracket for the 450 Farmall that held two 145# rear wheel weights and two 50# scale weights, and the bracket itself weighed over 100#.

Trust me doc, they weigh more than 45lbs.

10 hours ago, oldtanker said:

OK IH FAILED!

Rick

Probably cuz of all those 560’s that wouldn’t start !  

The only remaining  mystery that I still can’t solve is how all those rear ends exploded and flew out the back scattering parts over three surrounding county’s when the tractor wasent even able to start as all the experts ( that probably never owned one ) keep saying . 

Thats is a real head scratcher . 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1