Sign in to follow this  
bitty

75lb IH weights

At tomorrow's the IH weights are at $100 each online already. So if you want to bring them home you better take the piggy bank ! 

IMG_20191231_120855364_TOP.jpg

I plan on being there around 9. 

12 minutes ago, Bdse25 said:

I plan on being there around 9. 

I will probably be there around 7 to look at stuff. I am not sure what time I'll stay until. My brother is going to be there all day if needed but depending on what is there and how they are running the trucks I will stay for a while. Maybe I will see you there

Is this at the same place as the big spring sale?  Cant make it either way. Just curious.  

I dont ever even see the 75lb weights around here.  Also dont think one could by the 100lb ones for $100 anymore.  They are more like $125.  Or maybe I just dont know where to look.

• Like 1

Hoover tractor in Mifflinburg.

The thing I think is crazy is aftermarket 100lb ones are $85 all day long new 

I just got home from the sale around 9:30 pm after leaving for it at 6:15 am . I thought @oldtanker might like to smile about the high resale value of those Ford's because of the three point hitch. A Ford 2000 sold and then the next tractor in line was a 300 utility. The Ford was running just before the auctioneer started getting bids for it and the gavel fell @ $400.

The 300 sporting the lowly fast hitch , didn't have it running for the sale and it brought $500. 

I would say that the 300 looked poor at best. 

IMG_20200101_112432675.jpg

IMG_20200101_112423833.jpg

IMG_20200101_112445588.jpg

Speaking of weights, going tomorrow to buy a set of H M 300 350 frame weights.

Problem is I have none of the above tractors.

• Like 1

The nice ol cheby was in the parking lot. I should have bid up the 970 wagon as it sold for $1,200. There was a pair of 1450 cadets there that were in need of saving :(

IMG_20200101_161656612_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200101_143827075_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200101_104106200_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200101_075559287.jpg

IMG_20200101_075549245.jpg

IMG_20200101_074108746.jpg

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, MTO said:

Yet...

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, MTO said:

As long as there reasonable buy them.....

We got another golf cart for feeding calves , cheap manure pump, and another snowplow in nice shape along with a few other small things

16 minutes ago, MTO said:

I have an M and haven't recieved a Christmas gift from you yet....just sayin

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, bitty said:

As long as there reasonable buy them.....

We got another golf cart for feeding calves , cheap manure pump, and another snowplow in nice shape along with a few other small things

Farm all frame weights reasonable? Where?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, new guy said:

I have an M and haven't recieved a Christmas gift from you yet....just sayin

Try to keep "sayin"

• Sad 1

7130 MFD with 7k showing on the hour meter sold for $19k . It was in need of an interior, sprucing up, oil leaks to address along with the fact that it wasn't charging. Transmission seemed to be good, had an exhaust leak. I didn't get to see what the 856 with a turbo sitting on steel wheels went for. It looked nice

Did I hear the weights ended up at $135?

Maybe there are just ignorant people there????😉🤣 Here you can't hardly get anything for a 300 IH utility while an old ford 2000 in that kinda shape will bring 2500 or so. Heck a low houred 454 IH here with a loader is a 4500-5500 dollar tractor with a loader. 3000 or 4000 ford of the same year the tractor alone will bring 5000 or more (not SOS modles). Add at least another 1500 if it has a loader.

Now about the fast hitch? Think about it. Only folks who owned a fast hitch tractor could use the implements. So for IH to sell implements to an non IH tractor owner they also had to make them to fit other tractors like in 3 point used both by Ford and JD at the time. AC and Case did the same thing. That made the implements more expensive because of multiple lines. Whatever idiot came up with proprietary hitch idea should have been shot. The guy with an AC wasn't buying implements at IH unless they were draw bar. Same with the other guys. And a lot of guys with with a fast hitch tractor still bought other brands of draw bar implements. It failed to get guys to dump that eagle hitch/snap coupler/ 3 point tractor. It made them buy implements from other manufacturers or to buy adapters so they could buy what they wanted.

Heck my brother in law and his dad owned 3 560's one 826 and a turned around AC WD loader tractor for manure in 1972. All 3 560D's had the fast hitch. They had the draw bar for each in fast hitch. That's it. They had an adapter from fast hitch to 3 point for the JD 4 row cultivator they used. And the still run red tractors today over there. The 560's are dead but still there. The 826 they use as a chore tractor (tractor was rolled and the IH diamond cab destroyed, twice overhauled and well over 20,000 hours on the clock). They run a 2594 and and a 7120. But they never bought any fast hitch implements. If you could have talked to old Willard he would have gone into a rant as to how IH tried to force him into IH implements. I heard it more than once and that guy could preach ( I was a city teen and fascinated and asked a lot of questions when I was haying with them)! He went with draw bar stuff and that adapter just because he could. Lot of other farmers were just as independent minded. He had a 4 bottom Kewanee plow and disk for one of the 560's and a Kverneland plow and JD disk for the 826. Both of the field diggers were independent brands. Planters were all JD at the time as was the baler. Silage equipment was all Ghel (went to Fox for a chopper in 73). I can recall no other IH stuff only because IH had made old Willard mad and he wasn't the only one. I'm not saying the fast hitch was bad. Just that it was a bad idea. We had a lot of guys around here using 3 point cultivators and semi mount plows right up to the farm crisis. (The turned around AC was replace with a 610 Bobcat in 73-74. That was replace with a Case 1835 that they still run.) They crop about 1000 acres and run a couple hundred head of beef. They got rid of dairy this past spring.

Personally? I was interested in a 300 until my wife's uncle, independent on site heavy equipment repair service owner warned me off of them. Not because they were bad but because some parts were NLA.  Then one of my son in laws brothers bought one with a loader and backhoe only to find that he can use it because of NLA parts. Kinda justified what the wife's uncle told me.

On an interesting note. Our farm was settled in the mid 1800's. A father and 6 sons homesteaded 7 160 acre properties that adjoined. At first they live in sod homes. Then in 1889 the old man bought a kit home and erected it with help from local farmers. Was a house, barn, chicken coop, one out building (Grain???) and a separate kitchen. Oh lets not forget the outhouse. All of those buildings were here when we moved in. The kitchen was in terrible shape and the old 2 hole outhouse was still where you went. There was an addition that was not the kitchen. My (at the time unknown to us) future brother in law's dad filled us in. The kitchen addition was added in 1942 by local farmers (BIL's dad included). My dad and I added the addition for a bathroom in 1972. So a neat old farm house. Only 200 acres of the original family spread is still intact.

Man I try to judge things as they are. I never try to rewrite history to suit me. IH failed. For more than one event. Most had to do with poor decisions. Having grown up in the city I have no idea why I prefer IH over other brands. I suspect some of that had to do with the arrogant attitudes of some of the folks I dealt with working the harvest in 73. My boss, die hard JD guy would bad mouth customers who didn't run JD (always behind their backs). That ran afoul of me even back then when I was a snot nosed kid of 18.

Sense then I've made my own way and my own decisions without allowing anyone except my own father and my wife influence those decisions in any way. My dad tried to talk me out of the army. He was a WWII infantry vet. I didn't allow that to influence me. Not saying that was the right decision but it was the one I made. I stayed in because I loved it. And the fact that the farm couldn't support my family. OK I'm paying for it now. 64 and had 6 surgeries this past year alone because of military service. Regrets? I used to think none. That the American people were worth that sacrifice. Recent events make me question that. 

Rick

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I gotta question that picture.

The 2000 is in blue and the Ford in red? Something ain't right?

Rick

3 hours ago, MTO said:

I sure don’t see those around here. They are good property to have I would think. I would probably snatch some up given the right price also. 👍🏼👍🏼

I watched some stuff I was interested in online............brought more than I can buy new for.  I sure didn't see any deals to be had in the hour I was watching online.  

Geesh to hear some folks talk you would think ih never sold a single piece of fast hitch equipment.....wonder where it all comes from.......🤔😁

• Like 1

Not supprised about what the weights brought . 

34 minutes ago, iowaboy1965 said:

Geesh to hear some folks talk you would think ih never sold a single piece of fast hitch equipment.....wonder where it all comes from.......🤔😁

I wonder where they all went? Been living in and out of farm country in several states sense 1971 and I can count the fast hitch implements I have seen in person on one hand. If it sold all that well they should be everywhere???????

Come on, you guys talk about it like the fast hitch was the greatest thing sense toilet paper. If it was that great why didn't other companies copy it when the patent expire? Or why didn't they buy the rights to it from IH? Why didn't they make implements for it? Gee must not have hurt implement sales at all from the other makers? Why did everyone gravitate to the 3 point including IH?

Rick

15 minutes ago, oldtanker said:

I wonder where they all went? Been living in and out of farm country in several states sense 1971 and I can count the fast hitch implements I have seen in person on one hand. If it sold all that well they should be everywhere???????

Come on, you guys talk about it like the fast hitch was the greatest thing sense toilet paper. If it was that great why didn't other companies copy it when the patent expire? Or why didn't they buy the rights to it from IH? Why didn't they make implements for it? Gee must not have hurt implement sales at all from the other makers? Why did everyone gravitate to the 3 point including IH?

Rick

Two point fast hitch stuff is all over the place around here . Trip over it at every farm sale there is. 

No big farmer really wants it anymore but it’s still out there .  

Small acreage people buy blades as fast as they show up ,  There  is also a growing number of antique tractor collectors that join together a few times a year for plowing exhibitions , two point drawbars never go cheep ,  

you don’t need a three point to pull a bailer, a rake, hay trailer, barge wagon, irrigation pipe trailer , disc, grain cart, ect... on and on .  

Long story short there’s tons and tons of two point stuff still in use on a daily basis . 

Stayed til after 8 pm for the 18.4-38 duals and hubs off a 1206 in the last row..... and went home empty handed.  Eh well that’s the way it goes.  I agree most everything went high.  Especially with proxibid there just Arnt good deals anymore

Just now, lorenzo said:

Two point fast hitch stuff is all over the place around here . Trip over it at every farm sale there is. 

No one really wants it anymore but it’s still out there .  

Small acreage people buy blades as fast as they show up ,  There  is also a growing number of antique tractor collectors that join together a few times a year for plowing exhibitions , a two point drawbars never go cheep ,  

you don’t need a three point to pull a bailer, a rake, hay trailer, barge wagon, irrigation pipe trailer , disc, grain cart, ect... on and on .  

Long story shot there’s tons and tons of two point stuff still in use on a daily basis . 

Well I didn't see it here, or in OK/KS/SD/ east NE or ND in the early 70's. Didn't see it in TX or KY in the early to late 80's. Heck in KS I knew a half dozen farmers with IH tractors 74-76. None of em had fast hitch implements. One that I did a lot of mechanical work for had a 450 and 560 with the fast hitch and no fast hitch implements. 

Like I said if it was such a great idea that everyone copied it when the patent expired.......NOT! Even IH eventually went over to the 3 point. Heck they released the Fast Hitch in 53. By the mid 60's it was gone? AC had a longer run with the snap coupler IIRC. think that started in 54 and was still available in 70 or 71. 

Heck Harry Ferguson developed the 3 point in the 20's. And it's still being used today. So I guess you guys are right. The fast hitch was much better and saved IH from going bankrupt!

Rick

• Haha 2