Rusty shackleford

70s gold demo pic

Cant see the whole thing but thought you would enjoyfacebook_1577634537326_10959627930383.thumb.jpg.23d69f0887b3b3408ca8756985b254f0.jpg

• Like 4

Maybe a Hydro?  Looks like the driver has his left hand on the lever. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sledgehammer said:

Maybe a Hydro?  Looks like the driver has his left hand on the lever. 

Definitely looks like a hydro quadrant lever. Steering column looks higher than the 66 series. { lower hood }. So pre 66 series. There were no 06 series hydros. In the 56 series there was only the small frame 656 hydro. So it has to be an 826 or 1026 hydro. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I’m gonna say 826, I think I can just make out the engine be a Neuss (German) ..looks like the intake pipe coming straight down onto the middle of the intake manifold and the inj  pump at Left  front corner.

I take it these guys are tractor pulling against each other......is this that system where they use a long cable and pulley block between the two machines and then use a large machine out back as the load and anchor point....or some kind of equaliser system where the two tractor pull against each other via a fulcrum point ....the stronger machine pulls ahead of the other......Ive seen it on YouTube recently where they compared two identical tractors on different tyres to see which have the better traction

my 2 cents...or non sense which ever you prefer😂😂

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Well the picture isn't that good on my ole dinosaur, could be an 826. Just guessed 1026 because it sure appears to 20.8's on the rear. Wouldn't have been hardly any 826's with those, for that matter hardly any 1026's either. I would also guess he the grader guy. A hydro wouldn't be pulling, at least not in that class. Cool picture none the less.

Good thinking , quite possible 👍

1 hour ago, IHKIWI said:

I’m gonna say 826, I think I can just make out the engine be a Neuss (German) ..looks like the intake pipe coming straight down onto the middle of the intake manifold and the inj  pump at Left  front corner.

I thought the same thing. 

826 Hydro Goldie.jpg

1026 Hydro demo.jpg

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, 1480x3 said:

Probly  speed limit tractor

It could have been a pace tractor, especially since the Minnie Mo driver is watching him.  Had to pay close attention not to pass him.

The pace tractors I remember had a 3-point mounted flashing light, but that may not have been done everywhere.

39 minutes ago, Long Farms said:

826 hydro, 37 gal fuel tank, german engine tell-tell parts. Rare gold demo being a hydro. 

I've often wondered, just how much did IH save by using a 37 gallon tank instead of 42.  Hard to believe it was much.

There appears to be a sign advertising a dealership on the hood over the fuel tank. Thx-Ace

1 hour ago, Steve C. said:

I've often wondered, just how much did IH save by using a 37 gallon tank instead of 42.  Hard to believe it was much.

And  " Why Oh Why"    didn't they take time to..."Center the Fuel Fill Neck"...…. in the center of the hood!!!       For goodness sake It couldn't have been that hard to change the Stamping system!!   

Jim Droscha

9 minutes ago, DroschaFamilyDairy said:

And  " Why Oh Why"    didn't they take time to..."Center the Fuel Fill Neck"...…. in the center of the hood!!!       For goodness sake It couldn't have been that hard to change the Stamping system!!   

Jim Droscha

I wish it was off to the left side myself 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, acem said:

There appears to be a sign advertising a dealership on the hood over the fuel tank. Thx-Ace

Good spot. Looks like “Decatur Truck and Tractor”. There is a Decatur in lots of different states.  Also looks like the paint is half burned off the muffler. 

I thought the sign was on the fence and maybe the location was Preble, IN at firemans park

My 826 was a gold demo. My neighbors bought it 'new'. They are cheapskates and it was cheaper than a std new tractor but they got full warranty. when I was a kid they would brag on the deal they got!  They made the dealer paint over the gold paint but you can see gold in places and the dash casting is still black. It's a nice gear drive diesel tractor that still works good. I'm the third owner and it's never been out of the county since delivered. Thx-Ace

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Steve C. said:

It could have been a pace tractor, especially since the Minnie Mo driver is watching him.  Had to pay close attention not to pass him.

it wouldn't have mattered if it was a 3mph or 5mph class, you can set the hydro wherever you want and it will hold the speed showing on the speedometer. has to be a pace tractor, as intently as the Moline driver is watching the IH.

20 minutes ago, DroschaFamilyDairy said:

Jim Droscha

not sure what you mean about centered? the fill on my 826 is right in the middle of the center hood section, same as all the rest.

31 minutes ago, ny bill o said:

it wouldn't have mattered if it was a 3mph or 5mph class, you can set the hydro wherever you want and it will hold the speed showing on the speedometer. has to be a pace tractor, as intently as the Moline driver is watching the IH.

not sure what you mean about centered? the fill on my 826 is right in the middle of the center hood section, same as all the rest.

There off to the side a littleScreenshot_20191229-203052_Gallery.thumb.jpg.06ae4151d1463db92110dc926e12a50a.jpg

• Like 1

It is a 826. Can tell by the fuel tank strap or cradle below the hood.   the 756, 856 custom and the 826 used that fuel tank.

The tractors that are off center is because the fuel tanks are stamped half and half.  So there is a metal flange going around the center of the tank it's hard to put a fuel neck and not leak right on a 1in tall metal flange.