Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
sandhiller

You meet the nicest people...................................

Recommended Posts

So, I'm standing in line waiting to get Gus and Cash some chicken nuggets at the fast hamburger place that hangs off the truck stop in Valentine, NE. The gentleman standing in line behind me strikes up a conversation by asking me if I know where he can get some 460 parts. Um, Ford motor or International tractor. He says I got this little 460 utility I'd like to put a loader on and I need some tin and other little parts. What! where's the hidden camera. MTO, Lorenzo you behind this😄

He says he likes tractors of all colors but in Red he likes his F20's and Regulars. He has restored some and changed out the bull gear in one to get a 17mph road gear. He is from SE Nebr and was in Valentine following a lead for steel wheels.  Wow, I said you need to look up the Red Power Forum. Oh he says, I'm a member, I look around a lot but don't post much. I told him I'll bet a lot of people would be interested in what he is doing and should consider showing us some of his work. He promised me he would consider it. 

After letting about 20 people go ahead of us while we were visiting, finally decided it was time to part ways. He gave me his business card and I told him to look up "sandhiller"s profile if he ever needed to get in touch with me. 

I could have set and talked to this gentleman all night and really wish I could help him find the 460 parts he is looking for. 

You just meet the nicest people standing in line!😀

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cool Sandman.

But thot this was a Honda thread...

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought "these boots were made for walkin'" 😄

They look pretty good on the bike too😀

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sandhiller.  Was The guy you were talking to from Beatrice Nebraska. Sold some parts to a guy in that area that had a nice collection of tractors. Can't think of his name 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, RKO said:

Sandhiller.  Was The guy you were talking to from Beatrice Nebraska. Sold some parts to a guy in that area that had a nice collection of tractors. Can't think of his name 

Deputy sheriff from Lancaster Co. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, sandhiller said:

Deputy sheriff from Lancaster Co. 

Beware, some people who say they are deputy sheriffs... aren’t, then you end up on court for reasons you never dreamed you would....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, vtfireman85 said:

Beware, some people who say they are deputy sheriffs... aren’t, then you end up on court for reasons you never dreamed you would....

This gentleman was real straight up, no doubts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, vtfireman85 said:

Beware, some people who say they are deputy sheriffs... aren’t, then you end up on court for reasons you never dreamed you would....

Were you testifying that you shot the sheriff but you did not shoot the deputy?

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, vtfireman85 said:

Beware, some people who say they are deputy sheriffs... aren’t, then you end up on court for reasons you never dreamed you would....

 

1 minute ago, MarkG said:

Were you testifying that you shot the sheriff but you did not shoot the deputy?

MarkG, some things with Seth are best not asked about!!!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, sandhiller said:

This gentleman was real straight up, no doubts. 

 

11 minutes ago, MarkG said:

Were you testifying that you shot the sheriff but you did not shoot the deputy?

 

9 minutes ago, 1586 Jeff said:

 

MarkG, some things with Seth are best not asked about!!!

Some day I will tell you all all about it, as of now, I cannot comment on an ongoing investigation :ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sandhiller, was he looking for a loader for that 460 utility?  I have one from a 340 industrial that I bought from Jim Battershaw but haven't mounted it yet.  I would need extensions because the 6 cylinder engine is longer than the 4 and I have decided not to mount the loader anyway.  Got a 350 with a Farmhand on it.  Or was he looking for tin work from the hood and side panels?  Steiner and All-State may have some.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, oldscoutdiesel said:

Sandhiller, was he looking for a loader for that 460 utility?  I have one from a 340 industrial that I bought from Jim Battershaw but haven't mounted it yet.  I would need extensions because the 6 cylinder engine is longer than the 4 and I have decided not to mount the loader anyway.  Got a 350 with a Farmhand on it.  Or was he looking for tin work from the hood and side panels?  Steiner and All-State may have some.

Thinking just tin work but I can give him a call and find out for sure. 

Jim Battershaw from Valentine? Can't be two of them. He used to do exhaust work for me back when you still bent your own. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, sandhiller said:

Deputy sheriff from Lancaster Co. 

Might be,   I know where he lives but he isn’t doing that much anymore with tractors. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, sandhiller said:

So, I'm standing in line waiting to get Gus and Cash some chicken nuggets at the fast hamburger place that hangs off the truck stop in Valentine, NE. The gentleman standing in line behind me strikes up a conversation by asking me if I know where he can get some 460 parts. Um, Ford motor or International tractor. He says I got this little 460 utility I'd like to put a loader on and I need some tin and other little parts. What! where's the hidden camera. MTO, Lorenzo you behind this😄

He says he likes tractors of all colors but in Red he likes his F20's and Regulars. He has restored some and changed out the bull gear in one to get a 17mph road gear. He is from SE Nebr and was in Valentine following a lead for steel wheels.  Wow, I said you need to look up the Red Power Forum. Oh he says, I'm a member, I look around a lot but don't post much. I told him I'll bet a lot of people would be interested in what he is doing and should consider showing us some of his work. He promised me he would consider it. 

After letting about 20 people go ahead of us while we were visiting, finally decided it was time to part ways. He gave me his business card and I told him to look up "sandhiller"s profile if he ever needed to get in touch with me. 

I could have set and talked to this gentleman all night and really wish I could help him find the 460 parts he is looking for. 

You just meet the nicest people standing in line!😀

I know where he can get everything on his shopping list .

 

I even have a bunch of stuff for a 460 that I ended up with by accident when I restored my560. 

Feel free to put him in touch if you want to.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, sandhiller said:

but in Red he likes his F20's and Regulars

Can remember when they painted the Regulars and earlier F-20s grey/gray?

best, randy

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's the same Jim.  I got to know him when I was driving a coffee sales route to Valentine 12 years ago (2003 -2007).  He junked out the 340 and I bought the loader from him.  I was in Valentine last February for the Bull Bash and stopped at his shop.  The young fellow that owns it now knew of Jim and said he has passed away in the last 2-3 years, I forget when.  Had many an interesting conversation with him over those 4 years because he had been an IH mechanic years before he went out on his own. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...