pms1961

986 with customized exhaust

Was cruising Craigslist and seen this for sale.Wonder if it has a aftermarket turbo on it.Looks like a decent attempt to move the exhaust pipe from the stock location.

Paul

00E0E_89QVds7neZs_600x450.jpg

• Like 2

Not anything I'd wanna do to my tractor

I posted this picture from a 1486 that was for sale around my town that had had a exhaust reroute done to it too.

20190704_105548.jpg

• Like 1

i think i will stick with my chrome stack on my 88 but i do like it,  hard to justify cost and what not - i dont really notice the pipe that much even when using the loader 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, pms1961 said:

Was cruising Craigslist and seen this for sale.Wonder if it has a aftermarket turbo on it.Looks like a decent attempt to move the exhaust pipe from the stock location.

Paul

00E0E_89QVds7neZs_600x450.jpg

All that time working on the exhaust, and he couldn’t even fix the front cab light.........

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Matt Kirsch said:

IH would have been so far ahead of the curve had they done that from the factory on the 86 and 88 series.

I think the Magnum had it before the JD adapted it to the 60 series from my memory

Not sure about the flow through that bottom elbow un less there is pipe hidden in it.  

X2 on the light take it off, or at least put the  bulb back in it. 

Looks like, well I would never do it. Chrome pipe out the hood where it belongs. If i ever own a 8940 it will get one out the hood where it belongs too.

• Confused 2

I think I see a turbo oil line.

3 hours ago, bitty said:

I think the Magnum had it before the JD adapted it to the 60 series from my memory

You couldn’t be any more correct!

Just need to reference this piece of art 😁

https://youtu.be/qlGw2y7xNjA

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Plow said:

I think I see a turbo oil line.

Also looks to me like it has the split exhaust manifold from a 10 or 14.

Not on mine . 

led lights is all im doing .

4366 , previous owner made it side exhaust and it actually looks like it’s supposed 

to be there .

• Like 2

13 hours ago, INTERNATIONAL 1466 said:

Looks like, well I would never do it. Chrome pipe out the hood where it belongs. If i ever own a 8940 it will get one out the hood where it belongs too.

How will you open the hood then?

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, jass1660 said:

And it would ruin the view in my opinion 

21 hours ago, Mike56073 said:

All that time working on the exhaust, and he couldn’t even fix the front cab light.........

Wondering if all that heat melted the housing. I just installed led lights on mine and was thinking about that. It’s got exhaust heat on 3 sides around the light and I don’t think that housing could last very long like that. 

7 hours ago, jass1660 said:

Don't have an 8940 yet, so not positive which way I would go. Either would have the exhaust clamp just above the hood like an 86, so I would have to remove the pipe to tilt the hood or I would customize the hood so the piece would stay like a Maxxum. Just my preference, no one has to like it or agree with me, but the exhaust not out the hood is just wrong to me so I would change it if I ever bought one. More people have said I was crazy for wanting to do it, but that's fine, doesn't bother me I like what I like. Your not the first guy to ask how I would deal with the hood.

I’ve seen this one a couple times at HCOP. It was clean but nothing I would do personally.  This was the only 86 series at the HCOP aside from a hydro 86  

AD1FF8CF-B0AB-4B50-80B9-29CE2D12CB96.jpeg

• Like 1

Good ideas, poor execution