Missouri Mule

Track skidsteers.

On 12/28/2019 at 9:05 AM, searcyfarms said:

check out google, there are reports of jams and breakage of glass and the doors not staying latched and falling closed while working - i know what happened in my case and i have no clue as to why someone would replace glass in a brand new machine - i call foul maybe in the 75 they used different glass on the front door , it was not a 2 series and maybe they have improved the door/track/rollers since then as well - when you start making claims things can never happen or are impossible murphy will make a liar out of you 

From your last statements I can tell you have never operated a track loader with slide up door. Let alone own one. The door has three catches that you lock to keep the door up.  And even if all three failed there is gas shocks that will not let the door slam down.  The shocks will let the door float around 1/2 open. You might want to check out a more reliable source than some one like your self. I only found one claim of faulty door on web and they did not latch door up and had removed gas shocks.  That not the design fault that's the fault of the stupid operator.   Check OHSA web site they have no reports of accidents. That same design has been used on excavators, cranes and a lot of other heavy equipment for 50 years with no problems.  If there was a problem OSHA would have a file on it.  Also if it was a problem why would other companies be looking at the design for their machines.  Before you call someone a liar you might want to know a little about what you are talking about which you don't. 

A manufactured SS door/cab setup is hugely expensive, but if you only need one part time there is are low cost alternatives. 

My old man lined the cab of his 1845C with heavy plexiglass. For a door he cut a piece that fit the front - used good heavy 3/8" safety rated lexan. To hold it a couple strips of flat stock are bolted to the lower edge creating a channel for the sheet to sit in. Put a strip of adhesive backed weatherstripping around the edges to seal it, and a couple drawer handles are bolted to the sheet to get hold of it. Used a couple bungee straps inside, hooked on the drawer handles to keep it closed. To get in or out you just lift it out of place.

It is a pain to use if you are constantly getting in and out, but I just set the door aside in those cases. Worked fine and stays toasty warm for those hours long snowplow stints. A wiper would have been nice, but I found a few coats of automotive wax would keep the snowmelt running off. I kept some clean towels with to wipe the door and windows clean when needed.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RKO said:

From your last statements I can tell you have never operated a track loader with slide up door. Let alone own one. The door has three catches that you lock to keep the door up.  And even if all three failed there is gas shocks that will not let the door slam down.  The shocks will let the door float around 1/2 open. You might want to check out a more reliable source than some one like your self. I only found one claim of faulty door on web and they did not latch door up and had removed gas shocks.  That not the design fault that's the fault of the stupid operator.   Check OHSA web site they have no reports of accidents. That same design has been used on excavators, cranes and a lot of other heavy equipment for 50 years with no problems.  If there was a problem OSHA would have a file on it.  Also if it was a problem why would other companies be looking at the design for their machines.  Before you call someone a liar you might want to know a little about what you are talking about which you don't. 

not sure why the animosity or name calling  - you can claim whatever you like however I have operated several - and if you run over something rigid and the latch doesnt hold yes it will float down while moving about but when you slam down on a hard surface the door will indeed slam down and if hard enough latch itself down or up we agree there - my investigation of the kubota door that failed and rained glass on me ( you obviously dont know your glass and then claimed someone changed it out on a brand new machine ) seems you dont know how kubota makes their machine door - I found ONE latch on one side ( the left one to be exact )  not latched, did it come undone because of the twisting/torque of the machine going over the foundation being so rigid and me going over it at an angle to reduce the impact of going over it straight, OR did it fail to latch up when i rolled it up on both sides. Not sure But i do know it did fail to latch before that when i rolled it up so it could have been a little out of alignment or i wasnt slamming it up with enough force to make it latch properly - it was new so maybe it didnt get adjusted properly out of the factory?  It has been confirmed by another member the glass im speaking of was indeed installed in the said kubota roll up doors. Now if you really think i am a liar i would be more than happy to provide you with the receipts i paid to have the glass/labor on that door and the dealer i had a long discussion with about it who refused to allow me to do the work and refused to allow me to purchase the glass from a Glass Company/Safelite and hve them do the work. 

Im not talking about OSHA, do you think individuals are going to report thigns like this ? i sure didnt i dont work for someone that requires it I work for myself. I am not quite sure where you think i called anyone a liar I just know what i know. 

I have not operated a track loader, mini excavator, or caterpillar with a roll up door they all had side opening doors. There was a rollup door in the Volvo excavator and the backhoe I ahve operated but they were not the primary entry doors. 

3 minutes ago, searcyfarms said:

not sure why the animosity or name calling  - you can claim whatever you like however I have operated several - and if you run over something rigid and the latch doesnt hold yes it will float down while moving about but when you slam down on a hard surface the door will indeed slam down and if hard enough latch itself down or up we agree there - my investigation of the kubota door that failed and rained glass on me ( you obviously dont know your glass and then claimed someone changed it out on a brand new machine ) seems you dont know how kubota makes their machine door - I found ONE latch on one side ( the left one to be exact )  not latched, did it come undone because of the twisting/torque of the machine going over the foundation being so rigid and me going over it at an angle to reduce the impact of going over it straight, OR did it fail to latch up when i rolled it up on both sides. Not sure But i do know it did fail to latch before that when i rolled it up so it could have been a little out of alignment or i wasnt slamming it up with enough force to make it latch properly - it was new so maybe it didnt get adjusted properly out of the factory?  It has been confirmed by another member the glass im speaking of was indeed installed in the said kubota roll up doors. Now if you really think i am a liar i would be more than happy to provide you with the receipts i paid to have the glass/labor on that door and the dealer i had a long discussion with about it who refused to allow me to do the work and refused to allow me to purchase the glass from a Glass Company/Safelite and hve them do the work. 

Im not talking about OSHA, do you think individuals are going to report thigns like this ? i sure didnt i dont work for someone that requires it I work for myself. I am not quite sure where you think i called anyone a liar I just know what i know. 

I have not operated a track loader, mini excavator, or caterpillar with a roll up door they all had side opening doors. There was a rollup door in the Volvo excavator and the backhoe I ahve operated but they were not the primary entry doors. 

Your the one calling people names you said I lied.  You don't know anything about slide up doors because there is three latches on them and two gas cylinders. All 5 things would have to fail at same time for the door to slam down   So I know you never ran one.   Again you never ran one or you would know tge gas shocks keep the door floating half open. No matter what ground your running over.   All excavators, cranes and some other equipment have front slide up doors.  They are the same design as the slide up door on track loaders or skidsteer. I own and operate this type of equipment and If it was a safety issue I would not have workers operating it let alone own it.   if slide up doors were as bad as you claim OSHA would have files on it and they don't. You know nothing about job site safety but a big no no is not reporting stuff.  You can and will get a big fine or even jail time.  Workers or other companies on job site will report You its not worth not reporting  accidents and non injury things have a way of leaking to other people and one of them is OSHA. You said your sell you have not ran track loaders excavators so why make a claim you know nothing about ???? 

hmmm i dont see where i called you a liar ? you claimed impossible, nothings impossible,  and you claimed the door I had the issues with didnt have the kind of glass in it that rained down on my head when in fact it did,  it was from the factory just like the person that worked for kubota here stated and just as i said, they do put that type of glass in their front doors.

Regarding doors or anything malfunctioning, it happens, things break or dont work right,  or not adjusted properly from the factory when new. You are right I know NOTHING about OSHA rules. I dont work for anyone but myself and on my own jobs with my own stuff or rented equip.  I dont hire out and i dont hire operators. I do stuff for family/friends as needed - the one job i have done for insurance and hired out I purchased insurance for just that job only. 

I never looked at ALL 5  of the items of the kubota door construction didnt really care to be honest - I already stated the latch that failed on the kubota believe what you want. I also admitted maybe i didnt roll it up hard enough to latch maybe i was at fault?   

maybe you are upset because you were proved wrong by a kubota failure or that you didnt know the glass was different than what you thot? I dont think anyone including myself knows everything about anything and i know nothings impossible.  

It cost me somewhere to the tune of $700 bucks to get that window/door glass fixed/replaced on the SVL75. Kubota would not accept any responsibility for it nor lack of issue with machine.  

I never said specific machines dont have rollup doors i said their ENTRY door was not a rollup like the CTLs - and the one on the backhoe is not a roll up its a flip up to be exact with side latches that hold it = they are a pain to press in to release while trying to hold up the glass with your head at the same time to let it back down.

Im not sure where you got the part where i said i have not ran track loaders - I said I havent OWNED one. I have rented or borrowed from family. I have ran a TL140, TL8, TL12, SVL75, E35, RC85, 332,  S185, 1845, 963B, EC250, 1700C, 770A, 410B 

Those are some the ones I have ran if that helps. Those are what i would be somewhat familiar with. 

I didnt say kubota was junk if thats whats giving you heartburn, I was just stating my experience and my neighbors with a rollup door and the dangers if something happens. I would consider one but i would want to make sure i had a way out before i would get one and not just out thru the back window above the engine compartment. Outside of that, to each his own. 

If you are in need of tracks I bought a pair of MWE for my Gehl. wear like iron. fast shipping and less than half the cost from the dealer. after purchasing I called my dealer and told them about Midwest equipment. They are buying tracks from them .Very good folks to deal with

22 hours ago, edwardporter1 said:

If you are in need of tracks I bought a pair of MWE for my Gehl. wear like iron. fast shipping and less than half the cost from the dealer. after purchasing I called my dealer and told them about Midwest equipment. They are buying tracks from them .Very good folks to deal with

What design are they? I believe I talked to them but they didn't have the snow/mud track

3 hours ago, db1486 said:

What design are they? I believe I talked to them but they didn't have the snow/mud track

I bought their bar tracks and they perform well in snow ice and muddy manure conditions. The trick is to ease around not **** bent. stay out of the throttle and high range

10 hours ago, edwardporter1 said:

I bought their bar tracks and they perform well in snow ice and muddy manure conditions. The trick is to ease around not **** bent. stay out of the throttle and high range

Ok so pretty much the same as the stock tracks. I've run a few different styles, and so far the zig zag style is performing the best. They dont last quite as long but the traction is unbelievable. Deep snow is no issue either. I've had snow over the bottom of the door and it just keeps going.

I know all about easing around. Once you spin your stuck on a sheet of ice! I run the foot throttle all the time and find that makes a huge difference, and saves some fuel in that thirsty pig lol