Jump to content
Missouri Mule

Track skidsteers.

Recommended Posts

No problems with the roll up door on our new Kubota so far. I believe they have a glass breaking hammer in the cab just like our excavator does in case of emergencies.  Summertime we almost always run with the door up. Sure nice to have it closed in the winter though and be sweating with a t shirt on lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, B.B. said:

It does seem pretty loud and certainly startles a person.  :(

29869.jpeg

i hate it when that happens!!!!! thas a bummer 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, TroyDairy said:

Friend bought one 6 7 years ago.  Biggest regret of his farming career.  Constant electrical problems and pins were loose quickly.  Now its on a heifer farm with some rough operators but before 10 years old it was in a fence row.  No dealer would take it.......

But mayne new ones are better.  Volvo also make a side enter one too iirc.  Guys like volvo wheel loaders on farms...say get good fuel econ.  I know nothing else. 

never used one of their wheel loaders but i have used an EC250EL, what a joy that was to run, unbelievable power, unbelievable fuel economy - only 3.5/hour for the work it would do, I ran it in ECO mode the entire time about 1/2 throttle - at most i ran it up to 2/3 a time or two when working hardest or to move a lil quicker across work area to reposition - you could run it with the door open and radio on and barely hear things outside of the radio it was so quiet you could barely hear it running n the cab closed up - i loved it !!! 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, searcyfarms said:

nothings impossible, i witnessed/experienced it, it happened, and so did my neighbor,  agreed nothing is perfect and the kubota was brand new with less than 20 hours on it when it happened, it still had the plastic on the seat - im not saying i wouldnt buy one with a roll up door but i would definitely experiment with the options to get out with the pull type molding etc.....

I dont know if the one my neighbor got caught in was a tak, kub, mustang  i wasnt there when it happened - he said he would never own one after that experience - im still on the fence - he purchased a new Cat 262C I believe and has a 185 bobcat also

the glass that was in the kubota sounded like a gun pop when it broke like automotive safety glass and broke up into a million small pieces that fell on my head 

If the glass broke in to a million pieces it was tempered glass and not laminated glass.  Kubota front glass is laminated from the factory. Someone replaced it with the wrong glass thats not the machines fault.  Its the fault of the person that replaced the glass with the wrong glass.  Also the ROPS I'd built not to flex I've had my two in some bad areas and the cab does not flex 

As far as the slide up door on a kubota. For it to jam you would have to break off two 3/8 guide pins. Break two 3/8 x2 flat bars and have two gas shocks go bad. All at the same time. I knocked the glass in the front of my svl95-2 and you have to take all that stuff off to get the door frame to tip to get out of the track. No way would it jam so you could not get out 

The glass in a kubota door is  glued in. It does not take anything to push it out. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, B.B. said:

It does seem pretty loud and certainly startles a person.  :(

29869.jpeg

Been there before. I should buy stocks in bobcat doors because the bobcat at works goes through them way too often 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats on the new loader, I doubt you will regret having tracks, and if you treat it right I also doubt you will ever regret the decision on that part alone. I don't have much insight into Gehl, we don't have many in the area, but I haven't heard anything bad about them.

Are you going to hang on to the 763? You could have the best of both worlds, a known reliable wheel SS and a CTL. 😎

Just need another shed....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Cattech said:

Congrats on the new loader, I doubt you will regret having tracks, and if you treat it right I also doubt you will ever regret the decision on that part alone. I don't have much insight into Gehl, we don't have many in the area, but I haven't heard anything bad about them.

Are you going to hang on to the 763? You could have the best of both worlds, a known reliable wheel SS and a CTL. 😎

Just need another shed....

 

If you don't need to sell you'll use both...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have heard good things about the Gehl loaders Todd , I'm sure it will work great and at the end of the day after all of us tell you good and bad about each of our loaders your more confused 😂😂

Happy New Year  , Danny 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, RKO said:

If the glass broke in to a million pieces it was tempered glass and not laminated glass.  Kubota front glass is laminated from the factory. Someone replaced it with the wrong glass thats not the machines fault.  Its the fault of the person that replaced the glass with the wrong glass.  Also the ROPS I'd built not to flex I've had my two in some bad areas and the cab does not flex 

As far as the slide up door on a kubota. For it to jam you would have to break off two 3/8 guide pins. Break two 3/8 x2 flat bars and have two gas shocks go bad. All at the same time. I knocked the glass in the front of my svl95-2 and you have to take all that stuff off to get the door frame to tip to get out of the track. No way would it jam so you could not get out 

The glass in a kubota door is  glued in. It does not take anything to push it out. 

check out google, there are reports of jams and breakage of glass and the doors not staying latched and falling closed while working - i know what happened in my case and i have no clue as to why someone would replace glass in a brand new machine - i call foul maybe in the 75 they used different glass on the front door , it was not a 2 series and maybe they have improved the door/track/rollers since then as well - when you start making claims things can never happen or are impossible murphy will make a liar out of you 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Cattech said:

Congrats on the new loader, I doubt you will regret having tracks, and if you treat it right I also doubt you will ever regret the decision on that part alone. I don't have much insight into Gehl, we don't have many in the area, but I haven't heard anything bad about them.

Are you going to hang on to the 763? You could have the best of both worlds, a known reliable wheel SS and a CTL. 😎

Just need another shed....

 

It only makes sense for me to stick with a tak/gehl since my bil which lives 2 miles down the road works on them, and a dealer. Knows every inch etc. The 763 will probably eventually get sold. It's not going anywhere until this one gets home and gets serviced/used some. Most of the time I find I'm so picky my machines I sell the good one and buy the fixer upper. Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Missouri Mule said:

It only makes sense for me to stick with a tak/gehl since my bil which lives 2 miles down the road works on them, and a dealer. Knows every inch etc. The 763 will probably eventually get sold. It's not going anywhere until this one gets home and gets serviced/used some. Most of the time I find I'm so picky my machines I sell the good one and buy the fixer upper. Lol

I wish I had the funds for your 763. I would come over and take it off your hands when you were done with it. Neighbors of mine run two Gehls and like them. That's about the only thing on their place I havent wrenched on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, searcyfarms said:

check out google, there are reports of jams and breakage of glass and the doors not staying latched and falling closed while working - i know what happened in my case and i have no clue as to why someone would replace glass in a brand new machine - i call foul maybe in the 75 they used different glass on the front door , it was not a 2 series and maybe they have improved the door/track/rollers since then as well - when you start making claims things can never happen or are impossible murphy will make a liar out of you 

When I was still working for the Kubota dealer I replaced a few Kubota front door glass. Mostly in SVL95's and at least one wheeled machine. Most machines were near new sold buy us. All of them had tempered glass that was in a million pieces that I had to vaccum out of the floor. Never had much trouble with the tracks other than some rattles but not saying you couldn't we just didn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

as far as a door my Gehl Ctl 85 . the latches were a bit flimsy. door swung open and the boom bent it all to **** but the glass didnt break. I took the door and frame off. It gets a bit cold in Wyo. but i deal with it. You will be real happy with yours

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, edwardporter1 said:

as far as a door my Gehl Ctl 85 . the latches were a bit flimsy. door swung open and the boom bent it all to **** but the glass didnt break. I took the door and frame off. It gets a bit cold in Wyo. but i deal with it. You will be real happy with yours

I need a door for mine if anyone knows where I can get one for ctl75 gehl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, WishIhada1466 said:

I wish I had the funds for your 763. I would come over and take it off your hands when you were done with it. Neighbors of mine run two Gehls and like them. That's about the only thing on their place I havent wrenched on. 

It's been a good one. Does everything I ask it to and more. Lift capacity used to be plenty for me but it seems as my bales get bigger and heavier and silage now, I've just been using the tractor more when I really want to use my skidsteer. I'll load a gooseneck 2 times faster with a skid and they will be straighter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Missouri Mule said:

It's been a good one. Does everything I ask it to and more. Lift capacity used to be plenty for me but it seems as my bales get bigger and heavier and silage now, I've just been using the tractor more when I really want to use my skidsteer. I'll load a gooseneck 2 times faster with a skid and they will be straighter. 

Round here they like a tractor as it can all be loaded from one side...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mader656 said:

Round here they like a tractor as it can all be loaded from one side...

That is very true. If I'm in a tight spot I agree. Loading in the field I'll be able to load 3 to a tractors 1. I keep the guy in the truck driving close to them and can stack em on quick. Next load...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did this with mine shortly after I bought it. Best 79 bucks I ever spent!

1128201913499.thumb.jpg.5f10fbebbbc7fd1aa02190b3ec14d45d.jpg

11282019134933.thumb.jpg.2aa1c8be4cddd19fcce58f327d4f1edd.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mader656 said:

Round here they like a tractor as it can all be loaded from one side...

We use a skid steer to load and tractor to unload.  Reasons are the cycle time is faster with the skid steer.  When the semi is gone whoever is running the skid steer will line up groups of 8 and 7 bales.  When the semi gets back it literally just takes minutes to load with all the bales lined up.  We use the tractor at the yard because space is at a premium and we can unload all bales from one side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, db1486 said:

Did this with mine shortly after I bought it. Best 79 bucks I ever spent!

1128201913499.thumb.jpg.5f10fbebbbc7fd1aa02190b3ec14d45d.jpg

11282019134933.thumb.jpg.2aa1c8be4cddd19fcce58f327d4f1edd.jpg

WOW Thats an amazing setup for 79bucks good grief i need one of those for mine!!!

I used my SS for several years feeding hay with in the winter and since it never freezes up much i always ran my steel bar tracks,  we had a dozen horses at the time - no more horses so mine is mainily used for mowing clearing lifting grading and moving logs for firewood and running the aux ports on my hydraulic splitter when im feeling tired of swinging the maul and can talk my wife into running the lever for me 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, searcyfarms said:

WOW Thats an amazing setup for 79bucks good grief i need one of those for mine!!!

Had to make a plate to bolt the mounting bracket on to. Was actually very easy. Unbolted the convex mirror and took it off. Then made the plate to fit and bolted it on. Added the toggle switches for the light bar and extra stuff if I need. Worked out better than I expected

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have a CAT259D at work. 500 hours in 4 years, the majority on pavement and the tracks are about 3/4 worn out. I have a set of CAMSO winter tracks ordered as we do use it for snow and the stock tracks aren't much good for that. No problems with the machine at all up to this point. The cab seems plenty big for my 6'2", 240lb size and the A/C and heat work very well. We haul it around on a 14K tilt trailer behind an F350 with no problem.  I have a Bobcat 873 on the farm that I bought for $800 with a hole in the block. By the time I got a used engine with a scored cylinder I didn't know about, had it rebuilt and fixed the other stuff it needed I had close to $8000 in it. But, it has been trouble free for 3 years since and is a very strong machine. It's old school in every way but is easy to work on and does what I need it to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have zero experience with a tracked skid steer but, we go through so many used wheeled skid loaders at work that the Bob Cat salesman likes to come by and hang out with us. He said 4-5 years ago that it was getting to the point they sold very few new wheeled loaders almost all new ones they were moving had tracks.

 We use them loading fertilizer so we have no use for tracks. We try to keep two running ones at the time so we’ll have a backup, usually scrap one every couple of years. They have a hard short life here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jworley said:

I have zero experience with a tracked skid steer but, we go through so many used wheeled skid loaders at work that the Bob Cat salesman likes to come by and hang out with us. He said 4-5 years ago that it was getting to the point they sold very few new wheeled loaders almost all new ones they were moving had tracks.

 We use them loading fertilizer so we have no use for tracks. We try to keep two running ones at the time so we’ll have a backup, usually scrap one every couple of years. They have a hard short life here. 

fertilizer will eat anything in two that i have around here its horribly corrosive

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, searcyfarms said:

fertilizer will eat anything in two that i have around here its horribly corrosive

It’ll eat up a loader fast here. With our heat and humidity the fertilizer house is always a muddy mess so the loader is a muddy corrosive mess all the time too. Walking around in that stuff every day will turn a good pair of boots to mush pretty quick also.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...