Jump to content

Recommended Posts

IH Oak,

It's refreshing to hear someone of your age(15) being interested in doing things like this! NEVER let ANYONE discourage you. If you set your mind to do something you can do most anything, as long as you have the resources:)

Go get 'em buddy!

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎12‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 10:19 PM, acem said:

If I was building a monster truck I would choose a different path.

Start with an older 4wd  single axle 2 ton truck. Adjust the wheelbase and bed to suit the looks you desire. Then add some combine tires and wheels. Be sure to get rice and cane (R2) tires for the big cleats! This would be cheaper, easier and result in a truck with better drive ability.

TThx-Ace

tmp_9049-1974 Ford F600 4x4b.JPG544857237.jpeg

thanks! This gave me an idea. 2 ton frame, crew cab body, pickup fenders and grill, DV-800 12 spd., cement truck axles and tires...

Hmmmm. I gotta ask my brother.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a 466 for sale too.......complete runner, 5-speed transmission

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/26/2019 at 9:43 AM, EquipmentJunkie said:

That DV800 will be a hefty engine...in the neighborhood of 2,675-lbs.

I dug up an Implement & Tractor Red Book from 1980.  According to their test # 1317, fuel consumption numbers I find for the 4786 is 12.8 horsepower hours per gallon.  Mark G. is nearly spot on with his prediction for fuel consumption.  The DV800 guzzled 20.175 gallons per hour at maximum available power and 17.6 gallons per hour with 75% of pull.

Is 2675 with or without fluids, radiator, intercooler, etc? Not that it makes any difference. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I read in an add that the DV-800 had a decelerator. Is that a Jake brake?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, IH OAK said:

Is 2675 with or without fluids, radiator, intercooler, etc? Not that it makes any difference. 

Nothing said about fluids or radiator, but the data designates a turbo.

No, not a Jake Brake.  The decelerator pedal is simply a reverse accelerator pedal.  Push it down to slow the engine speed.  These decelarators are often found in 4WD ag tractors, wheel loaders, dozers, and maybe a few other machines primarily used for long periods of higher engine rpms.  In 4WD ag tractors, the decelerator pedal is used to slow down for the turn at headlands.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, EquipmentJunkie said:

Nothing said about fluids or radiator, but the data designates a turbo.

No, not a Jake Brake.  The decelerator pedal is simply a reverse accelerator pedal.  Push it down to slow the engine speed.  These decelarators are often found in 4WD ag tractors, wheel loaders, dozers, and maybe a few other machines primarily used for long periods of higher engine rpms.  In 4WD ag tractors, the decelerator pedal is used to slow down for the turn at headlands.

x2--and they are a great item to have on any tractor.  Loved the decelerator on my 4386, so I redid my other field tractors to have one instead of an accelerator.   Takes a bit to get used to pushing to slow down.   Only time I ever wanted an accelerator on a tractor was ramming a loader into the pile of xxxx.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IH OAK said:

I read in an add that the DV-800 had a decelerator. Is that a Jake brake?

No, the IH 4wds had a pedal on right side that was decelerator. Step on it to make turn at headland and release it when starting up new pass and it returns to your set throttle position

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did the DV-800 have a intercooler?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, IH OAK said:

Did the DV-800 have a intercooler?

Nooo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Reichow7120 said:

Nooo.

So why didnt they put them on the 800? the I--6s got em.🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/27/2019 at 10:19 PM, acem said:

If I was building a monster truck I would choose a different path.

Start with an older 4wd  single axle 2 ton truck. Adjust the wheelbase and bed to suit the looks you desire. Then add some combine tires and wheels. Be sure to get rice and cane (R2) tires for the big cleats! This would be cheaper, easier and result in a truck with better drive ability.

TThx-Ace

tmp_9049-1974 Ford F600 4x4b.JPG544857237.jpeg

It looks like the cab is the same as the pickup only with different fenders and grill. Is that correct?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, IH OAK said:

It looks like the cab is the same as the pickup only with different fenders and grill. Is that correct?

Mostly, dash layout is different.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lots of the cab is the same but they do not interchange between two tons and pickups. There will be differences in the floorboards and firewall. Wiring harness are different and the steering column.

My thoughts are to use the existing cab, chassis and drive train of a 4wd 2 ton truck. Install big tires on the axles, they are heavy duty already. Shorten the wheelbase to fit whatever bed you prefer. this way you still have a complete HD chassis that works properly. Most built up big 4wd pickups I have been around have serious problems with steering and axle geometry making them impractical to drive anywhere far.

If you just put a set of 36x12.5 on the above truck, using custom made wheels, it would look and drive good.

Thx-Ace

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/9/2020 at 6:02 PM, acem said:

Lots of the cab is the same but they do not interchange between two tons and pickups. There will be differences in the floorboards and firewall. Wiring harness are different and the steering column.

My thoughts are to use the existing cab, chassis and drive train of a 4wd 2 ton truck. Install big tires on the axles, they are heavy duty already. Shorten the wheelbase to fit whatever bed you prefer. this way you still have a complete HD chassis that works properly. Most built up big 4wd pickups I have been around have serious problems with steering and axle geometry making them impractical to drive anywhere far.

If you just put a set of 36x12.5 on the above truck, using custom made wheels, it would look and drive good.

Thx-Ace

Did they make these in crew cab?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, IH OAK said:

Did they make these in crew cab?

I believe there are a VERY few crew cabs out there...I've seen them on some road maint. and "fire engine" type vehicles.   No idea if it was factory or a aftermarket body job.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jeff-C-IL said:

I believe there are a VERY few crew cabs out there...I've seen them on some road maint. and "fire engine" type vehicles.   No idea if it was factory or a aftermarket body job.

As in 2 tons?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

International made and makes 2 ton crew (4 and 6 door) cab trucks.  I rode in the back of a crew cab loadstar when I was a kid to pick up our 856. I have seen international S series  trucks with 6 doors.  I have seen other makes of crew cabs but I don't remember which brand.  I have seen few 4wd crew cabs though.

They are used by poultry catching crews, railroads, etc.

Thx-Ace

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, acem said:

International made and makes 2 ton crew (4 and 6 door) cab trucks.  I rode in the back of a crew cab loadstar when I was a kid to pick up our 856. I have seen international S series  trucks with 6 doors.  I have seen other makes of crew cabs but I don't remember which brand.  I have seen few 4wd crew cabs though.

They are used by poultry catching crews, railroads, etc.

Thx-Ace

How old? If you find a 73-79 ford 2 ton crew cab for sale let me know.😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like this pic I found?  Thx-Ace

tmp_9329-e124479d30df72e252134fb9f736973a2027649366.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, acem said:

Like this pic I found?  Thx-Ace

tmp_9329-e124479d30df72e252134fb9f736973a2027649366.jpg

Love it!!!!! That is exactly it!!!😁👍👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you do find one of those, I have a whole set (6) of 6 bolt rims from a transit bus, for lo-pro 22.5 tires, to replace the old 20" rims.  Never got around to using them on my truck before I sold it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/14/2020 at 9:58 PM, acem said:

Like this pic I found?  Thx-Ace

tmp_9329-e124479d30df72e252134fb9f736973a2027649366.jpg

It already has the search-lights, big mirrors, and clearance lights. I noticed it is right-hand drive. Is it for sale?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Idk. it is in the uk...

TThis truck is 2wd btw.

Thx-Ace

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/13/2020 at 6:11 PM, acem said:

International made and makes 2 ton crew (4 and 6 door) cab trucks.  I rode in the back of a crew cab loadstar when I was a kid to pick up our 856. I have seen international S series  trucks with 6 doors.  I have seen other makes of crew cabs but I don't remember which brand.  I have seen few 4wd crew cabs though.

They are used by poultry catching crews, railroads, etc.

Thx-Ace

6 door Loadstar? Gotta see that!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...