U-C

A Christmas Story

In Switzerland there used to be the believe that on the Holy night of Christmas eve the livestock would talk on stroke of midnight! The following Story is from the Canton of Zug Switzerland maybe other regions of Switzerland had a similar myth.

THE SPEAKING COWS

There was a farmer that did not believe that so to prove the others wrong he went up into the hayloft and looked down at his three cows. Then the church bell stroke midnight and the first cow says "were is the farmer" the second "he is in the haymow looking at us" the third cow that the farmer uses as a draft animal and is also wise says "ya and in a three of days I have to bring him to the grave yard." when the farmer heard that he fainted. In the morning he was found sick with high fever by his farmhand and broth to bed and there before he died was able to tell the story.

Moral of the Story do not be noisy you never know!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

After getting home from church service tonight I read this story that I stole from spacebook.  I attempted to read it to the kids with dry eyes, my wife took over at a certain point and the oldest finished the story. My youngest has been telling me today that I am Santa. I explained that this story is much closer to what Christmas is about than the Santa story is. 

I don't mean to hijack but I think this is worth sharing ( unlike most of the stuff on spacebook)

Screenshot_2019-12-24-21-46-11.png

Screenshot_2019-12-24-21-46-07.png

Screenshot_2019-12-24-21-46-04.png

Screenshot_2019-12-24-21-45-59.png

Screenshot_2019-12-24-21-45-54.png

Screenshot_2019-12-24-21-45-49.png

Screenshot_2019-12-24-21-45-45.png

Screenshot_2019-12-24-21-45-41.png

Screenshot_2019-12-24-21-45-38.png

Screenshot_2019-12-24-21-45-35.png

Screenshot_2019-12-24-21-45-31.png

Screenshot_2019-12-24-21-45-28.png

• Like 8
  • Thanks 10

Thank You!!!!!!!!

Mike

• Like 1

amen..............god is good - thanks for sharing

• Like 1

11 hours ago, U-C said:

In Switzerland there used to be the believe that on the Holy night of Christmas eve the livestock would talk on stroke of midnight! The following Story is from the Canton of Zug Switzerland maybe other regions of Switzerland had a similar myth.

THE SPEAKING COWS

There was a farmer that did not believe that so to prove the others wrong he went up into the hayloft and looked down at his three cows. Then the church bell stroke midnight and the first cow says "were is the farmer" the second "he is in the haymow looking at us" the third cow that the farmer uses as a draft animal and is also wise says "ya and in a three of days I have to bring him to the grave yard." when the farmer heard that he fainted. In the morning he was found sick with high fever by his farmhand and broth to bed and there before he died was able to tell the story.

Moral of the Story do not be noisy you never know!

Yep keep your nose to yourself !

• Thanks 1

Thank You,Merry Christmas

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Finney said:

Dam allergy's.

My eyes leaked a little too.  What a great story.

• Thanks 1

Excellent Story,  Tim !

• Like 1

I knew others would like to read it also. After reading things that Uncle George said about growing up in that time period ( he was born in '25 ) I wouldn't doubt that it's true

• Like 2

That is a great story, we should all follow it’s example when we can. 

.....absolutely splendid story,   Bitty........Thanks for putting it on..................

Mike

Thank you bitty. I am humbled every time I read that story.

Remember, whenever you are in a position to help someone, be glad and do it with joy because that is God's answering someone's prayers for help through you.