Christmas meals

Our Christmas Eve Supper after church services is roast hot dogs over open fire no matter the weather, we started that 51 years ago and it's a must ! Some years it's been way below zero or snowing but, we do it anyway. Never had any rain thank God ! 

Christmas dinner this year will be Lasagna with plenty of garlic and siracha sauce.

wife's traditional Christmas Eve meal of oyster stew. Lasagna for Christmas night supper at friend's house. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, ny bill o said:

wife's traditional Christmas Eve meal of oyster stew. Lasagna for Christmas night supper at friend's house. 

Mom used to make oyster stew, I don't like the oysters but the stew was great.

Can’t beat a ham on Christmas ......maybe I’m all alone in this but who ever decided turkey was the special meal?   Yuck. If I never ate turkey again it’d be too soon

• Like 2

I suppose,  I should have Fish ! Siciliano , I guess that’s  what they have .  

1 hour ago, ny bill o said:

I made oyster stew last week.  Oysters in any form are one of my fave seasonal foods.

• Sad 1

We had brunch. Lots of bacon and sausage and more bacon

On 12/23/2019 at 11:46 AM, Pete1468 said:

What's everyone cooking for a Christmas meal.  My side of the family meal is Christmas Eve night and I'm cooking a prime rib on the grill.  Loved it last year so I'll try it again.

I have been doing that for years, it is easy and tastes very good!!!

The prime rib was very good, homemade chicken noodle soup with it and the result was I ate to much.

• Like 1