Sign in to follow this  
ontsandfarmer

83 5088

all restored 83 5088 5400 hrs boothheel rear end and brakes trans updates all new interior western what are they worth ?

20-25K to the right buyer.  Paperwork on repairs makes a big difference.

Location Location Location.  Wont bring much in the south. Lots more up north where you are. Thx-Ace

• Like 1

I’d rather buy unrestored.  Not willing to pay for a lot of the restoration work I’ve seen done.  

• Like 1

$20-25 would get you a nice 52 or a 5488.  Depends on your needs and what the Intended use will be.  PTO is the big difference along with HP.

Matt 

The little 50's don't bring as much as the 52 and 54. As far as the updates go it better have paperwork before I'd pay anymore for it.

Make sure it has a sentry and not a test harness or the updates will mean nothing. I can't imagine a no expense spared restoration and then welching out on the sentry module but you never know...

Restored 50 series takes alot of money.

Few were made and parts are scarce.  Mike has alot of parts for them and so do the scrap yards.  I know first hand that the money you put into one I will never get it back.  Look for a good original one or a older restored tractor to save money, but has everything it needs to.   I love the tractors, last model made and good cheap horsepower.

Matt

Four wheel drive or just 2 wheel would be a big difference in value

On 12/21/2019 at 5:33 PM, ontsandfarmer said:

all restored 83 5088 5400 hrs boothheel rear end and brakes trans updates all new interior western what are they worth ?

Id want to see the receipts - I believe i have seen the tractor you are talking about, mulberry grove ? 

Do you know the history of the tractor? I got lucky on the one i found 

I have one that i would say is in great shape but NOT what i call restored condition. That is kind of a matter of opinion and can vary greatly

Mine was a one owner more/less second guy bought it for a tax write off and it sat inside for 6 yrs and only 60 hours were put on it in those 6 - 10 hours per yr equates to GKid rides on weekends/holidays.

Mine was purchased new and serviced by the dealer it came from. I even talked to the mechanic that had serviced it since it was new. He had been there for 38 yrs and was the Svc Mgr whn i purchased it. I was able to talk to the original purchaser/owner also. 

I was provided all copies of the service on it. It had the rearend/trannie updates around 5K hours. It had new paint/cab interior/floor mat. Air Ride seat. Reman SRC 436B Engine with only 60 hours on it when I purchased it. New Michelin Rear Radials, New Front Tires, AC converted to R134A. The last bill with paint and decals/chrome stack/interior/reman engine was 22K bucks in 2012.  

I knew the AC was going to need work as it was low on freon per red light and sitting. I knew teh batteries were likely bad also. 

Its 2wd dont think i mentioned it. 

Everything worked on it outside of the AC and the air ride seat. AC ended up totally doing everything on it for 2K bucks. Lines/Evaporator/compressor changed to new style/everything except the wires and blower. 2 new batteries, had alternator rebuilt also. 

Now all that being said it was not a professional showroom paint job nor was the CAB completely spotless with all the plastic items that were cracked or broken like the vent deflectors for heat/ac replaced. Old rubber seals not replaced on doors/windows. To me when i call something restored i expect head to toe so mine is not what i would call showroom restored. 

It came with a set of bolt on duals already mounted on it at 40%. 

Its in extremely good condition for its age. I have no clue what kind of dyno numbers it has. 

The biggest downfall I have with it is it has a test module in it NOT a sentry. Im working on getting that replaced. 

I paid 16250 for it. Worth every penny if you ask me and more than happy with it for me and my dad. I looked at a ton of used up junk for 15K so I felt blessed to find this one. 

• Like 3

On 12/21/2019 at 5:33 PM, ontsandfarmer said:

What the heck does “boothheel” rear end mean? I’ve never heard that term before in dealing with these tractors? 

maybe the machine is located in the boot heel of mo area? 

or how about this decipher of it, both the " EL"  rear end and brakes, trans updates all new interior western etc...........

not sure what EL is maybe electronics? 

Messicks website shows the new sentry at $2772.45 and a rebuilt one at $1606.90 pretty expensive until you need it then you need it and then it is worth $10,000

sorry maybe i should of worded the post different the tractor is mine i was looking to sell it i had the work done on it bootheel sells a reman diff with brakes out of a magnum for the guy that was asking its located in ontario canada 

whats the difference in canadian vs american dollars? 

$0.74 of your dollars would cover one of ours. 

John

aaaah k gotcha so we should buy tractors up there lol and drive it home and at teh border tell them ours broke adn you are loaning it to us so we can feed our cows - or is there no duty on tractors/ag items? 

Yes there's duty. An most of the dealers in range switch to pricing in USD when the exchange goes against them. Just ain't worth it to me.

Where in Ontario? It's a big province. Couple of lakes in the way also.

41 minutes ago, exSW said:

Yes there's duty. An most of the dealers in range switch to pricing in USD when the exchange goes against them. Just ain't worth it to me.

Where in Ontario? It's a big province. Couple of lakes in the way also.

about an hour from detroit 

• Like 1

got any pix of your spruced up chick? 

heres mine - not pristine but great shape - removed the duals, added a 2355 loader since these pix and also large led light bar between front flashers.  

1981974745_DadandIand5088.thumb.jpg.219661ad11b9bd93fd2379e828cb858d.jpg

tree removal 1.jpg

tree removal 2.jpg

• Like 2

Is that a truax drill you are pulling in those pictures? How do you like it? Do you use it for both grains and forages?

yes it is a truax, we rent it from the Farm Service Agency as needed for Warm Season Grasses - indian, big blue, and switch are the three i have planted with it - mostly debearded - we use oats/wheat with it for cover crop. I have also used it for forbes planting in a CP42 area at the same time as the Warm Season - it all worked great - cant say as much for the seed i acquired and germination but the drill works great!!!!

They are a lil spendy to purchase so we jsut rent it when needing to use it. Between my place, my buddies place, his folks, and another one we take care of we have put in around 375 acres with two different truax drills. They have knives/fingers that pull the bearded grasses down into the tube and we havent had any issues with clogging up or anything like i thot we might. Having a cover grain like oats/wheat helps to force things down.