Illinois buyers better hurry

Guess your legislators have decided they need more tax dollars.

As of Jan 1, you will pay sales taxes on the value of your traded-in vehicles.

No longer will you only pay tax on the difference between your trade-in and your new vehicle.

How many millions/billions in debt is Illinois now?

Our "Tax Man" Wolf can lead you into poverty as he is doing here. 

• Sad 1
53 minutes ago, MTO said:

Guess your legislators have decided they need more tax dollars.

As of Jan 1, you will pay sales taxes on the value of your traded-in vehicles.

No longer will you only pay tax on the difference between your trade-in and your new vehicle.

How many millions/billions in debt is Illinois now?

Our "Tax Man" Wolf can lead you into poverty as he is doing here. 

we will pay on valuation over first 10000 of trade in value   

the chart is a little strange and maybe im different but I never trade a vehicle that has a trade in value of 40 k on a new car worth 60?  maybe some people do.  pretty much a 60k car loses 25% when you drive it off the lot on day one.

I mean, Its an additional fee for doing business in illinois but I didnt view it as a real motivational force to trade NOW as opposed to next year or whatever.

The increased license registration fees on all vehicles  we will be paying every year are more of a pain in the a$$ if you asked me as a citizen of illinois.

39 minutes ago, ArkLa 1086 said:

I would figure lawyers would get this struck down in time since it appears to me as double taxation.

Not a chance too many lawyers running the state now. Heck if you spend the majority of your time in Illinois for work be it income from farming or receiving rent even driving a truck in and out all day and you reside in another state Illinois will be coming after you for state income taxes starting with 2020 tax year.

Everytime you transfer a title in PA, like many states, you pay and repay sales tax on a vehicle PLUS state and notary fees.

It`s a racket for sure.

One perk, and only perk, when trading in was NOT paying taxes on trade-in value.

Well, the thieves in IL just fixed that!

PA`s governor, "The Wolfman" will follow suit soon, I`m sure. 

F-in taxes......

• Sad 1

Not surprising. We also get to pay 2x for every license plate sticker next year. A normal passenger vehicle will be over $200. Trailer plates?  You bet. Double the cost. They are all crooks. Period

• Sad 2
14 hours ago, Sledgehammer said:

Not surprising. We also get to pay 2x for every license plate sticker next year. A normal passenger vehicle will be over $200. Trailer plates?  You bet. Double the cost. They are all crooks. Period

Ouch!

They just can't keep their hands out of our pockets.

IL car dealers complained about that same issue until they were hoarse, out of breath, and blue in the face.  The politicians turned a deaf ear to their words.  Yes, it is the equivalent of paying tax on the vehicle numerous times.  But government greed, if you will, not able/willing to curb spending (interpret that to mean the desire to get re-elected), wanting to remain in office, etc. all contributed to meeting the government needs for more tax dollars.  IL did similar revenue increasing processes like vehicle titles, etc.

On 12/18/2019 at 1:21 PM, ArkLa 1086 said:

I would figure lawyers would get this struck down in time since it appears to me as double taxation.

LOL how about multiplied taxation - get this..............i pay sales tax on my car in MO, i decide to sell it, guy that buys is pays more sales tax on teh same vehicle, if i buy it back i pay it again, if i buy a vehicle to resell it,  I have to pay sales tax on it before i can even sell it and the guy that buys it turns around and has to pay sales tax on it to get it licensed for himself, makes no matter where i buy it, i pay for the taxes for my residence, oh it gets better i pay property tax on that same vehicle as well just for having it sitting in my driveway or garage as long as it has a license on it, if i let it go one year and dont pay then decide to re-license it 2 yrs later cause i need it, then i pay a penalty for not licensing it because i didnt sell it to some schmuck that would pay more sales tax on it and personal property tax. i dont think the lawyers care about double taxation or continual multiple taxation they all pay it too