Mountain Heritage

Sad 7110 Magnum

https://www.tractorhouse.com/listings/farm-equipment/for-sale/189843211/1991-case-ih-7110

😱

what the heck!  Did they fish this outta the Gulf?!!

But it's only showing 522 hours 😉

They had pretty crappy paint on them when new. We repainted all three of ours within 15 years of being new and we were in Northern Illinois not in the hot Texas sun. 

You need to make a trip to the auctions in Sikeston, Missouri, how on earth they can tear up a 4 or 5 year old tractor so badly is beyond me.

But how did the roof liner get like that?  The inside is nasty!  Those tires don’t look like they would hold much air if put to work on the road pulling loaded wagons!

The one looks pretty good for the south!  The one I bought out of Arkansas was a bit more ugly than that one, was a heck of a tractor when it was done even if I didn't care for it.  

• Like 2

That headliner is just the foam with the fabric lining ripped off. After a while the fabric starts to separate from the foam underneath and the fabric ends up resting on your head, especially if your tall. They ripped it off and never replaced the rest of it. Dad's FWA 7120 had the fabric lining separate like i said and ended up on my head. I safety pinned it up to get through the spring and replaced the interior that June. 

• Like 1

That dealer has a lot of tractors like that on their lot. I’ve never been there but they have several advertised in comparable condition. They had a Ford with fwa that I was interested in a few years ago until I called and they said it had an engine knock. 

• Sad 1

Bought my Maxxum 110 site unseen from them a few years ago. It was high houred but looked pretty decent , talked with a salesman he sent me more pictures and he ran the tractor and told me what didn't work. When it showed up it was what he represented it to be, would do business with them again.

I agree on the salesmen. They were up front and honest with me. They could of left out the part about the engine so I’d drive several hours to get me on the lot. They do deal with their fair share of abused machinery though. 

7110 has the less desirable axle bearings too.  Still those old Magnums just keep going!

• Like 1

I’ve seen worse ones. The one at the robot farm was worse than this one. 7150(?) Sold for 18k(?) at auction in spring of ’18

• Like 1

Looks like a deal to me. Cheap enough there's room for warts.

$1500.00 in a seat cover and cab kit. $2000.00 in paint. $1000.00 in hoses,fluids and filters. You still aren't at 15k and it looks like it's worth fixing if (that's IF) it breaks down. Doesn't even need tires right away.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Ihfan4life said:

I’ve seen worse ones. The one at the robot farm was worse than this one. 7150(?) Sold for 18k(?) at auction in spring of ’18

I prefer the 89 series but I would like to have a 7150 . They were definitely something I dreamed about getting back when new. I had a brochure that got faded from looking at it

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mountain Heritage said:

https://www.tractorhouse.com/listings/farm-equipment/for-sale/189843211/1991-case-ih-7110

😱

what the heck!  Did they fish this outta the Gulf?!!

There’s a decent looking 7110 for sale on Kijiji in Smiths Falls On.

It even has the homemade six speed reverse! 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ihfan4life said:

I remember that.  I was thinking at the time that it seemed like a bargain.  Especially when the 4840 that was consigned into the sale brought the same money.   And the 4840 had something funky with the clutch.

• Like 1

On 12/18/2019 at 11:43 AM, bitty said:

I kinda like it.  For 10k...good knight for 6k more youd have a low hour only ran the auger 7110 on Burkholder lot

Seriously....thats a winter of work to make it decent.  Do clean and cab kit myself, r and r the boat seat, have someone more qualified to paint her and drain/flush everything it be handy tractor

• Haha 1

Must be you've never been to New York. That tractor would be a queen here on these dairies and the road salt . Seen em 10 x worse used daily.. Lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TroyDairy said:

only ran the auger 7110 on Burkholder lot

Lol

2 hours ago, TroyDairy said:

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, bitty said:

Lol

...asking 42000 to boot

• Haha 1

Mexicans is what happened to it. The farther South you go in TX the worst they get, Mexicans get thicker, sun gets hotter and gulf air rots what the other 2 dont trash. No telling what part of TX Watts dug that up at. West tx normally has straight tractors with less abuse and just sun burnt. South TX tractors are just trashed all around. Blackland tractors are normally high hour beat to **** and worn out. Trees, washes and terraces take their toll. However, CA-LA-AR-MS  by far have the worst  tractors ive ever seen. LA-AR-MS is the triangle of death for tractors. Some TX metroplex farmer will buy that 7110, sit on it a few years and TERP it and get 4 or 5x what he paid for it .gov credit towards a new plastic and electric nightmare. 

Something of note with Longs comments...those 4 states farm pretty much all year long.  Lots of hours....then lots of sun and loots of steering wheel holders.  An yes latinos...for some reason the majority just have no mech aptitude.  The ones that are good are great an the rest just....whew.  If you go to MX and go on side rd/st it becomes clean.  The condition of trucks and machines is staggering they even run!  

There’s a guy here that farms with two that look a lot worse than that. Lol

If you want to see some really bad ones see if you can find the dealer in Rayville La. I have seen their ads in the Fastline, they usually have some really rough looking stuff. Weeks Farm Auction and Rebel Auction Company in South Georgia usually have some rough looking tractors from Florida too. I guess they come from vegetable and sugar cane farms down there. The ones with the big bumper looking things in front are usually the worst.

I posted these pics of a 2+2 sitting on a tractor jockeys lot in South Georgia a couple of years ago. I assume it’s a Florida tractor, judging from the tires and condition it got used in the woods somewhere.

Its still there in case any of you are interested? He’ll probably make you a very good deal.

1635A47F-2AF6-405B-A15C-2F8970EBED9C.jpeg

04491803-C4CB-469C-9651-CAC198A0167C.jpeg

• Sad 2