tmarch

Thoughts on this 7110

https://www.requipment.com/inventory/?/listings/farm-equipment/for-sale/189776919/1988-case-ih-7110?dlr=1&pcid=2941712&ftr=1&lo=3&title=100+HP+to+174+HP

Wondering what your thoughts are on this tractor. I wouldnt keep the loader, just an upgrade from a 1086. Not sure if its actual hours but the paint appears to be original.

It would be used on our 496 disc, soil saver, fp230 chopper, and round baler.

I dont know. Assuming it hasnt had a loader its whole life. I think duals go with it. Would like to know where it came from. Been wanting a 7120 because i think i could use the power, but i also think id get along fine with a 7110.

Farmhand loaders haven't been sold since the early '90s or so, so it could have always had it. 

I recall we once had a 7110 2WD. Handy for PTO jobs. About like a 1086 for tillage if you have duals. 

It got replaced with a MFWD. Better for tillage and we get a lot of snow here.

Wasnt aware those loaders havent been made for quite some time. Maybe it has always been a loader tractor. Hoping icould talk them down in price.

Certainly worth a look.  See how "floppy" the shifter and loader valve levers feel....

Call them and ask about the duals.  They may tell you that there are duals to get you to come look.....Thats what happened on my 7410---told me there were duals, then gave me a price, then had to supply them.....😄

Buying a used loader tractor feels the same as buying a used skidloader.. Who knows what it was put through. You really think its been repainted? I can see that the frame may have been touched up but not sure about the hood and fenders. Im gonna try to take a look at it this week.

A tractor that size scares me when they have a loaded on it. Hmmm do I buy bull dozer OR put a loader on my Magnum?  

The newest Farmhand loader I see on the internet is supposedly a 2005 XL1140 located in Mount Ayr, Iowa.

Repainted...wrong decals for an 88 model Magnum. Haven’t been able to get the correct decals for the early Magnums for years. 
My old boss sold probably 30-40 71 series Magnums with Farmhand 1140 loaders...most with MFD. Too much tractor for the loader; loader mounts, frames, grapples, etc were always getting repaired at the local blacksmith shop. 
Just looking at the carpet, drawbar area, etc I would sure question the hours. 

32 minutes ago, SDman said:

Repainted...wrong decals for an 88 model Magnum. Haven’t been able to get the correct decals for the early Magnums for years. 
My old boss sold probably 30-40 71 series Magnums with Farmhand 1140 loaders...most with MFD. Too much tractor for the loader; loader mounts, frames, grapples, etc were always getting repaired at the local blacksmith shop. 
Just looking at the carpet, drawbar area, etc I would sure question the hours. 

Thanks this is the information i needed. You can see that the loader hasbeen patched up anyways. The loader means nothing to me, I just wonder what the rest of the tractor has been through.

I think the grapple fork hasn't been used for anything heavy like bales much or it would be bent.

Every Farmhand F11 got welded at the bend in the boom by the farmer and finally Farmhand welded them that way at the factory.

I wouldn't be scared of it at all as long as it's not extremely loose in the front axle. Seeing as it's 2wd it couldn't have been used too much like a dozer without spinning the rear tires and going no where. 4 remotes is a great plus . 

I prefer 4x4 but that would be awesome compared to a 1086 

• Like 1

I'll bet those hoses didn't do the paint on the right fender any good, pretty sloppy routing . The foot throttle would be nice, Put the shift plate kit in to get 3,4 reverse , check the front axle and shifter for play, ( make sure you can get to 18th gear ),  boxcar magnums are #$&@ near indestructible, I've got a 7110 with over 10,000 hrs , been in the shop once. Put some '42s on the back and it'll make a real tractor out of it.

• Like 1

I'd go to 18-46 if changing size of the tires. 2X the traction compared to 18-42 

Wouldn't you have to use a hub and pressed steel wheel to put '46s on it? 

1 hour ago, bitty said:

I'd go to 18-46 if changing size of the tires. 2X the traction compared to 18-42 

'42s would just need a step rim

WasTrue but it is a huge difference between the two of them. We have a set of the JD stub disk rims that bolt on the cast centers on the 7250

15 hours ago, Mountain Heritage said:

A tractor that size scares me when they have a loaded on it. Hmmm do I buy bull dozer OR put a loader on my Magnum?  

More loader tractors around here on the 150+ hp than 150- that are used regularly on farms.  This does not count the M, 460, wd45, 530 jd, etc sitting around the home owner lot that get used occasionally. On working farms 200 hp not uncommon at all.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 1480x3 said:

More loader tractors around here on the 150+ hp than 150- that are used regularly on farms.  This does not count the M, 460, wd45, 530 jd, etc sitting around the home owner lot that get used occasionally. On working farms 200 hp not uncommon at all.

Just seems like such over kill. At least in my pea brain head. 
Maybe is because I’ve seen so many high hp tractors beat up so bad, you would think the owner used it as a D9, absolutely destroyed loaders. 
When I worked at New Holland dealership when younger, had one customer who ran ten tractors on big square balers and all had factory installed loafers from NH. They would load three large square bales at a time onto transports and kid you not, every few weeks there was a tractor in shop getting major repairs done to it. I know it comes down to yahoo that is using it, but they had in their mind it was a big tractor, so it can do big stuff and never look back!  😳

My manager didn’t mind seeing him show up with another tractor, it meant lots of parts sales!

Seen over abused tractors,heavy equ.many times.I take pride in not working on something all the time. It seems stuff lasts a lot longer when common sense is in play.Just because something will do it doesn't mean it was designed to.Some people just like to rip and tear,makes them feel like they are getting more done I guess.

• Like 1

When you have a 200 hp tractor and need a loader tractor it's cheaper to add a loader to your current tractor than buy another one

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, bitty said:

When you have a 200 hp tractor and need a loader tractor it's cheaper to add a loader to your current tractor than buy another one

X2