Dale J Pohlman

How hard is it to change the serpatine belt on a 7220

My belt started to come apart late last night and I haven't had a chance to dig into it yet to see how hard it is . Amy advice I would truly appreciate. Thanks .

Yep, only tool required is a half inch drive breaker bar to relieve tension on the tightener.  Good luck.

Yeep, I put one on my now ex 1994 CIH 7220 when I had it. Easy peasy. If I can do it, anyone can. Lol....,

35 minutes ago, axial_al said:

Yep, only tool required is a half inch drive breaker bar to relieve tension on the tightener.  Good luck.

×2 

Some use a 1/2" some are 3/8" ratchet needed for the tightners 

If you have several machines that use a serpentine belt this is a handy tool to have and it has other uses besides belt tensioners. 
FWIW, my (now deceased) Snap On man recommended this particular tool as a versatile, tool that performed well and at a decent price. This was the only model he kept on his truck.

https://www.amazon.com/GearWrench-3680-Ratcheting-Wrench-Serpentine/dp/B0002WSFTO/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=Gear+wrench+belt+tool&link_code=qs&qid=1576566956&sourceid=Mozilla-search&sr=8-1

• Like 1