Sign in to follow this  
U-C

New or Old Sickle bar Mowers (haybines included lol)

On 12/20/2019 at 9:58 AM, 560Dennis said:

Gordan also said 

I met Gordon Kosch when we exhibited next to each other at Husker Harvest Days in Grand Island NE. (kind of a big farm show). As president and owner of Kosch MFG, he was the nicest and most down to earth guy. When I still ran his mowers I would call occasionally just to bs. Always took my call and was enjoyable to visit with.

If I was ever to go back to bar mowers it would be a tough call between Kosch and Rowse. Both good companies with good products run by good people.

• Like 2

On 1/20/2020 at 1:20 AM, sandhiller said:

If I was ever to go back to bar mowers it would be a tough call between Kosch and Rowse. Both good companies with good products run by good people.

That's awesome, companies like that made our countries

• Like 1

9 hours ago, U-C said:

That thing is "da nutz".

Looks like a farmer invention that could go into production. 

I love the inventiveness of the farmers!!!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, U-C said:

Question for U-C.  I see the Europeans are using 'duplex’ sickles over there.  I have only seen them as a bare sickle mower.  I was wondering if they make any mower/conditioners that use a duplex sickle?

40 minutes ago, Gearclash said:

Question for U-C.  I see the Europeans are using 'duplex’ sickles over there.  I have only seen them as a bare sickle mower.  I was wondering if they make any mower/conditioners that use a duplex sickle?

Well the only company that I know of that has a conditioner on there mowers is the Swiss Company Wepfer

wepftec-maehwerk-chamaeleon-001.jpg

https://www.wepfer-technics.ch/images/wepftec/maehwerke/Chamaelen-Dokumentation-001.pdf

• Thanks 1

Fahr single horse mower with two stroke gas engine

1340576413_Fahrgespannmaehmaschinemitaufbaumotor3.thumb.jpg.7dc72e1f47abd675f8991e0e0cc1e868.jpg1763081060_Fahrgespannmaehmaschinemitaufbaumotor.jpg.4ed0944bc558da1b53d059a0ad7f54fb.jpg1254334496_Fahrgespannmaehmaschinemitaufbaumotor.jpg2.jpg.74de10d01437406fc02a922d968b5cd6.jpg

AEBI one horse mower with 2 hp gasoline engine over 7000 made. Aebi's slogan was "get the same productivity with one horse as you would with two"

626544060_ucfilm051.thumb.JPG.5441f9760a716124b9b05bb168259b0f.JPG

AEBI AM 50 was the first motor mower model Aebi made it came out in 1949

Aebi_AM_50.png.66ac6c42e45b14a8e8b6aa9e4cb9c9e7.png

BUCHER K 3 Motor mower promo

Two AEBI mowers on a AM 53 and the other a AM 41

We had a AM 41 years ago was a good mower with no fibration on the handle bars

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFS-JzeROkE

I know that they aren't the European style featured earlier in the thread but we still use a new Holland 489 haybine at certain times. We got one field that is full of partially exposed "iceburg" rocks that would tear up the knives of a discbine. We also use it for some blown down crops as the reel picks up more of the downed crop than a discbine does. Here is a picture of both being used in alfalfa. The tractor on the haybine is a 885. Pardon the kubota in the background, it's pulling a new Holland discbine. 

0629191028a.jpg

This was my first mower, a McCormick Deering #6. I still use it some, albeit with a tractor now.

852494567_2011-07-0211_24_14.thumb.jpg.e7b5097c6b8523e8c9c0f2029bc61e18.jpg

My current mower is a Cub #22. 

1117191218.thumb.jpg.2e40f020ee49a4adaecee938c619d255.jpg

Its been a good mower for me, no more hay than I cut. At one time I thought about building some kind of hitch to hook the #6 behind and cut a ten foot swath rather than a five. Just can't quite work it out in my mind.

Mac

We cut a lot of hay with a Versatile 400 swather. They can still be found.

If you want to not windrow the hay, take the canvases out and let it fall on the ground.

1 hour ago, Diesel Doctor said:

We cut a lot of hay with a Versatile 400 swather. They can still be found.

If you want to not windrow the hay, take the canvases out and let it fall on the ground.

Tons of those old versatiles around here still. Lots get used for cutting ditch hay now. I always wanted to try and pull the canvases from a cheap swather, then come in with a v rake and conditioner and then bale. Seems like it would speed up haying quite a bit

Alot of mowers I've never seen in this thread.

TThe first mower I ran was an almost new Heston pt 10 mower conditioner. It did a good job but broke down alot. It must have been a lemon. Dad traded it for a new holland 451 9 ft sickle mower. I hate to think how many acres I covered with that mower on the 706. It gave good service but we had some problems, many operator error. I currently use a cih 8309 disk conditioner but want a sickle for some jobs. I would love to get a self propelled windrower but I can't afford one now.

TThx-Ace

Here is my sickle bar header mowing machine of the last 10 years or so. Back in 83 I hauled home a New Holland 907 swather from the tractor junk yard near Tony's place in Fresno. Used the variable speed belt drive for right at 20 years.

This a NH 912 hydro static drive. A neighbor had this and rescued me in about 2000. Had a late rain lay most of my hay on the ground. The old belt drive just would not go as slow as needed. My neighbor stopped doing hay so I bought machine. Side hill farming with rocks I never ran a conditioner on ether of the swathers. Have not done over 80 acres lately, so in some ways over kill. But this being a gas engine model it was cheap. 

Not the crop I was hoping for because wild oats took it over. None of the oats,barley  and wheat showing that would be premium horse feed around here. But since it is dry and I got the wild oats about right will be good cow feed.   

DSCF0106.JPG

DSCF0108.JPG

DSCF0112.JPG

DSCF0113.JPG

DSCF0115.JPG

• Like 2

New Wepfer double action bar mower with conditioner

Maehwerk-cc-wepfer-technics-20190627_154351.jpg

34 minutes ago, U-C said:

I need a nap just from watching that!